The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Aerospatiale Gazelle

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Aerospatiale Gazelle

Post by John Young »

The French Gazelle packages are all done.

What really helped, was the discovery of some great scenery of 4 French bases, that can be used in conjunction with the FSX/P3D package helicopter overlays. The sceneries are available as free-ware downloads at fafzone.fr and Occitania Aeroports Regionaux. They can be used as is with my Gazelles, after removing a few static helicopter files:

FS9 was a bit more of a challenge and I thought at one stage there was not much I could provide scenery-wise. However, I was so grateful to see John Tenn riding to the rescue with the donation of some AFCAD and terrain files for the same 4 French bases used in FSX/P3D. What I then did is raid the ABO and Euromil object libraries to add some 3-D detail, though I did have to make the passenger terminal at PAU (LFBP):

The two packages, FS9 and FSX/P3D, were uploaded this morning. As always, please allow time for them to be processed and made available.

My thanks to Miljan for the SOKO packages and to everyone who provided information about the Gazelle in Europe. Job done I think.

John
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by jimrodger »

FS9

Anyone else have this problem at LYPG

Jim

Did some more investigation.

If I Go To Airport LYPG I get as per the picture.

If I Go To Airport LYP1 the aircraft sits as it should on the skids......well confused

I I then go back to LYPG the aircraft sits on the skids!!!!!
Attachments
lypg.JPG
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by miljan »

Are you using some 3rd part terrain enhance or scenery. That could be a reason . Tbh I didn't notice this.
VIVA LA VIDA
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

miljan wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 11:43 Are you using some 3rd part terrain enhance or scenery. That could be a reason . Tbh I didn't notice this.
Nope nothing else installed.

tried again and it's all fine as it should be, don't know what caused it.

I'd seen it with LYK1/LYKV last night but it's OK today as well!!

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

John Young wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 10:00 The French Gazelle packages are all done.

What really helped, was the discovery of some great scenery of 4 French bases, that can be used in conjunction with the FSX/P3D package helicopter overlays. The sceneries are available as free-ware downloads at fafzone.fr and Occitania Aeroports Regionaux. They can be used as is with my Gazelles, after removing a few static helicopter files:

FS9 was a bit more of a challenge and I thought at one stage there was not much I could provide scenery-wise. However, I was so grateful to see John Tenn riding to the rescue with the donation of some AFCAD and terrain files for the same 4 French bases used in FSX/P3D. What I then did is raid the ABO and Euromil object libraries to add some 3-D detail, though I did have to make the passenger terminal at PAU (LFBP):

The two packages, FS9 and FSX/P3D, were uploaded this morning. As always, please allow time for them to be processed and made available.

My thanks to Miljan for the SOKO packages and to everyone who provided information about the Gazelle in Europe. Job done I think.

John
A "like" button is needed by all means. Job done - and job well done! Thanks a lot!
Regards, Manfred.
Jonjon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jonjon »

Waow!

For sure job done! They look fantastic and I can't wait to test all of them. I wish I had more time to spot everything... Maybe real life will let me breath a little and dream in front of those Gazelles :)
Thanks to all involved again, great work.

Fred
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello,

I've installed the FS9 French Gazelle pack. It's very fine and nice.
Thanks to John Young for these models and Overlay afcads and thanks ton John Tennent for the base afcads.

I'm using this pack with an old Puma pack (AI aircrafts only, no scenery). And I meet some troubles.

On 3 airfields I've Gazelle and Puma on the same Parkings (2 aircrafts at the same place).
I've just AFCAD and Overlays by ohn Young. No other Afcad nor scenery installed.

NB. Puma pack is from here : https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... ench-pumas

(The camo puma need some update to accord to paintscheme gazelle)
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Is the flight plan for the Puma's using the same ICAO codes as the overlays, or the underlying AFCAD?

PS: sorry, should have said,

There is generally only enough parking in the overlays for the Gazelles. Pumas and Tigers park in a different location on the airfields to the Gazelles, so these will need separate overlays with unique ICAO codes.

John
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

just a small CFG error with the Bruggen textures the underscore is missing "_" from the cfg they should read "Bruggen_XX371" no big deal an easy fix for everyone :D
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

John Young wrote: 28 Feb 2021, 17:14 Is the flight plan for the Puma's using the same ICAO codes as the overlays, or the underlying AFCAD?

PS: sorry, should have said,

There is generally only enough parking in the overlays for the Gazelles. Pumas and Tigers park in a different location on the airfields to the Gazelles, so these will need separate overlays with unique ICAO codes.

John
Hello John,

The Puma don't use the Overlay Afcad but the normal Afcad. I already made some tests before postings my message. I've changed their FP with Overlay ICAO. And no more Puma visible. So I put again the normal ICAO Code.
I thinks I must change some parkings spots on the normal ICAO or add more on the Overlays.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Check in Google Earth where the Puma's park, or look where the static models are placed in the French scenery. You need to create additional overlays with helicopter runways near the Puma parking.

John
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

Thank you very much for the Gazelles and your previous projects John. Due to some annoying ISP issues I haven't been able to post at MAIW for nearly 18 months, so I've had to enjoy them without being able to comment on them here :)
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

The Gazelle was never a favorite helicopter of mine, but after seen the screenshots in this thread and seeing the helicopter in the sim it has grown on me a little.
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

Joseph29 wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 12:06 The Gazelle was never a favorite helicopter of mine, but after seen the screenshots in this thread and seeing the helicopter in the sim it has grown on me a little.
Mods - Ignore report...pressed the wrong button to reply (can't we switch these around anyway?)

It was a joy to work on, so much easier than a Lynx.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Just finished checking the packages for Bosnia, at LQSV two SOKO Gaz sat for 15mins with lights on but didn't move. At another airport (stock P3Dv4.5 airport), 2 others sat the same amount of time with no movement. Serb and Mont versions with scenery seem to be flying fine. I'll look over the ADE for LQSV.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

Hi John. Once again, many thanks for another outstanding package! I had some issues setting up Pau in P3D v4.5, your side of things seems perfect, but 2 bgl files within the package from http://occitania.gratisim.fr. cause problems. The 2 files in question are/were LFBP_ADEX_MOUSS_GP.bgl (Contains all the ground markings for the airport) and CVX_lfbp.bgl(terrain, flattens and exclusions). With these 2 files installed I was getting a ctd. Remove them and the airport loads fine, obviously without said features.I converted the cvx file with Terrain Sculptor Pro, the GP file with ModelConverter X and the required bmp files - converted to dxt1 with alpha. All appears to be close to as it should be, I just have some flickering ground textures on the civilian side and a small chunk of taxiway missing. I tried resetting draw flags for taxiway and aprons, to no avail. Do you have any pointers to get me in the right direction for finishing the conversion off? I appreciate the airport was originally for FSX/P3D v3, so I may have gone as far as is possible, but it's always nice to learn new tricks!! Thanks again Master!!!!
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

For some reason I now fancy a gelato menta e cioccolato :P
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Pau loads fine for me in P3Dv4. It's difficult for me to try and diagnose something in a sim version I don't have I'm afraid.

Yes when I saw that scheme, I thought immediately of a Mint Chocolate Aero bar.

John
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

Thanks for the reply John, I'll keep experimenting - it's not a real biggie, but nice to learn to see if I can solve it!!