The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MAIW MPAI Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-27 Flogger Conversion Support

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

MAIW MPAI Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-27 Flogger Conversion Support

Post by gsnde »

Post support related comments for the MAIW MPAI Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-27 Flogger conversion in this thread.
Cheers,
Martin
Captain

Re: MAIW MPAI Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-27 Flogger Conversion Support

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Glad to finally see these! Thanks guys!

However I did notice a couple of things I figured I would ask about:

1. In the model viewer in AI aircraft editor and in MCX I notice unlike a lot of other swing wing models the wings never show full motion. They start in the swept position at T-0 then at T-54 in an over swept position with flaps extended then at T-158 back to full sweep with flaps extended and stay there they never swing forward.... In other models such as the NBAI tomcat, B-1, SBAI TU-22M and TU-160, RMAI Su-22 I always see them wings go through the full range of motion...

2. I was finally able to locate a flying Mig-27 in the sim (v4) good news is I see its wings are full forward sorta answering to the first thing I noticed... But the aircraft appears to be doing an aerobatics show... It keeps doing loops...

Any ideas? Thanks!
Attachments
Mig-27-1.JPG
Mig-27-2.JPG
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

More attachments
Attachments
mig-27-3.JPG
mig-27-4.JPG
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

aerobatics show...
Attachments
Mig-27.JPG
Muckinator2005
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by Muckinator2005 »

What you see in MCX is perfectly normal. Mike Pearson separated the three positions for the swept wings into two animations, one for the full back and the full forward position and the other one for the movement from full forward to middle position. As MCX is showing all animations at the same time the result is what you experienced, something that looks like going from full swept position to even going further into the fuselage. All MPAI swept wing models are like this, so you'll see this again with MiG-23 and Su-24.

The inflight behavior however is really strange. I've tested each and every MiG-27 model in P3DV5 and some of the MiG-23 in P3DV4, but I wasn't able to recreate anything like this. I wouldn't even know how to create an inverted flight if I wanted to do that on purpose.
Could you send the flightplan ?
Has anybody else experienced the same ?

Best regards,

Jean Claude
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Thanks for the response! Also you mention the Su-24 is that coming soon as well?!?!

To answer your question regarding the flight plan:

So as to properly give credit to the author the flight plans came from here:

https://www.avsim.su/f/fs2004-ai-trafik ... 51/zip?i=3

I re-compiled them for v4.

I believe this is aircraft number 2 in the attached flight plan, going from xrwm to xrrm reading the screen tag says speed is 99kts and alt is 8,700 ft... Hope this helps.
Attachments
Traffic_VVS MiG27 Marinovka .bgl
(12.11 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

jetpilot1980 wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 13:12 Also you mention the Su-24 is that coming soon as well?!?!
It is being converted but still needs to go through packaging and quality so it's a while off.
Muckinator2005
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by Muckinator2005 »

I guess you meant flightplan #2 (Red 26) not aircraft #2, because aircraft #2 isn't flying from XRWM to XRRM

I took the flightplan and placed it into my P3DV4 without recompiling. It's a little difficult to watch that plane as none of these airfields exist inside my version. Do you have any of those ? I had to move to Gumrak (URWW) in order to see it. It finally showed up, descended to 2200ft and kept flying level until it went outside my view radius. Nothing unusual at all. So I couldn't reproduce what you're seeing.

As for the Su-24 so far I only got one model half way converted as I needed it for some animation test. It's still a loooong way and there're two packages ahead of this one. So you'll have to be patient.

Best regards,

Jean Claude