The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

YSRI RAAF Richmond

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
timbob1
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

YSRI RAAF Richmond

Post by timbob1 »

Afternoon everyone. Did someone here post about my scenery for YSRI I did eons ago for VOZ ? I do have the original scenery files I did with Rob Niewenhoven for VOZ and the ADFAI package. I updated a lot since then when I was doing an FSX version for ORBYX, but kept my other files for FS9 usage as I cannot get on with FSX. I spent many years at Richmond as I lived quite close so I have tons of photos of Mirages, F111's C-130's and the daily visit of C-141 Starlifter. From memory, I think we covered most of the base with custom made buildings. If someone fancies building an updated version, I'd be willng to help.
Regards
Tim

Scenery Designer
timbob1
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: YSRI RAAF Richmond

Post by timbob1 »

Ok I have located the AFCAD, this was done for VOZ, but I've improved it over the years. It has two extra runways, used for the Caribou's practice on soft ground but I think they are not for AI, cant be sure though. Don't forget, this is for FS9 only, although it may be ok in FSX. I can't pass the FSX ones on as I did them for Orbyx.
Attachments
AF2_YSRI_TM.bgl
(36.77 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Regards
Tim

Scenery Designer
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Many thanks, Tim.
I will have a look and see if I have anything Richmond like in my system.
Steve
timbob1
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by timbob1 »

Well I have my original files beyond VOZ days so if I can upload it somewhere for testing. I used a lot of library files before I made custom buildings. The little cricket ground in Richmond on the flightpath looks a treat
Regards
Tim

Scenery Designer
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have YSRI in my setup and it is quite lovely.

Are you saying that you current files goes beyond what was released? The reason is that I haven't notioced a cricket ground but to be fair I wasn't really looking at the ground other than the airfield itself.
Steve
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Hi, I've just downloaded the VOZ package for fs9. Before I install it, is it best to take out any MAIW scenery, install VOZ then re-install the scenery? Or is the included VOZ scenery acceptable?
Dave
SeanG
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by SeanG »

I'd be keen to see an update for Richmond.. stayed a few nights there many MANY years ago in transit barracks.... fond fond memories ;-)

SeanG