The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Seaking Reloaded

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Seaking Reloaded

Post by MIKE JG »

They're only retro in the real world! They'll always be in style for most enthusiasts!

Great work as always John!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Thank you for the new/updated Seaking! It looks really good!
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Ironic on the day this was released the RAF stood down 22 squadron at Anglesey prior to a US company taking over the SAR duties.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Delboy99
Captain
Captain

Post by Delboy99 »

Apologies for dragging up a very old thread. Were the Sea King HC4s ever released. I have tried all the usual places and can't find them. Thanks.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I have the FS9 version of the HC4's, but I think you want FSX/P3D. I've checked the conversion of the Elvis/JYAI Sea Kings that Henk did, but the HC4 is not included. The answer then is probably No.

John
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

John Young wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 05:51 I have the FS9 version of the HC4's, but I think you want FSX/P3D. I've checked the conversion of the Elvis/JYAI Sea Kings that Henk did, but the HC4 is not included. The answer then is probably No.

John
Hello John

Where did you find this FS9 HC4 version ?

I'm interested by this version. (FS9)

Thanks
Delboy99
Captain
Captain

Post by Delboy99 »

Thanks for your reply John. You're right I was looking for an FSX version, but I couldn't find an FS9 version either. No worries.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well it may not be the only place with them but they were in JYs Sea King and Sea Harrier Ops pack back in 2015.
Steve
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Firebird wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 12:03 Well it may not be the only place with them but they were in JYs Sea King and Sea Harrier Ops pack back in 2015.
It's an interesting pack (for my Cold War config of FS9).

Is this pack (with Sea Harrier) still available anywhere ?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The pack itself does not supply any extra Sea Harriers. It just uses ones that were released in the Sea Harrier from a couple of years earlier.
What it does do is supply a HC4 model plus paints.
Steve
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by hawk_sh »

Firebird wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 12:03 Well it may not be the only place with them but they were in JYs Sea King and Sea Harrier Ops pack back in 2015.
I am only aware of John's Ark Royal Task Force package which includes Sea Harriers and Merlins but no Seakings.
Then there is the maiw_raf_sea_kings_new_models package which includes the HAR3 and HAR3_early models.
The Culdrose package includes the ASaC7_Landbased and HU5_Landbased Seaking models.
Hartwig

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The package name is MAIW_RN_HC4_Sea_Kings_FS9_1.zip, now I don't know what the heading is in the Downloads Hangar as a simple 'Sea King HC4' did not reveal anything.

I definitely didn't dream this as there is a readme in the pack as well.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'm completely stumped by this one after an hour searching, here and at Avsim. I concur with what Hartwig is saying and that there are no HC4's in the packages he mentions. I have the zip that Steve refers to that does have HC4's, but it doesn't have a manual (or flight plans) in it.

There are likely to be two reasons why I produced the Seaking HC4 - for Brian's RNAS Yeovilton and/or HMS Ocean, but I have drawn a blank on both.

Steve, could you possibly e-mail me the HC4 manual you have please? That might give me a clue.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Pdf sent, John.
I got the manual both from my copy of the pack and my SK HC4 folder (just something I tend to do). The pack also has SK and SH traffic files in it.

The size of the pack is 4.69 MB. Due to the differences that I have from what you have I have sent my version to you. Dated 28/8/15.

Fear not people we will get the official zip sorted out.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

After 3 hours searching, I finally found the required files on my old PC under my "MAIW" collection, not the usual "JYAI" because the Sea Kings I made are an enhancement to the original MAIW ones.

The package is for FS9 only, called "AI Sea King HC4 and Sea Harrier Operations" and is one of the most difficult ones I have ever produced.

The zip is called: "MAIW_RN_HC4_Sea_Kings_FS9_1" and was produced in August 2015 and uploaded to Avsim. Unfortunately, I have not been unable to find it there.

It also requires 3 other packages:

Brian Clarkes and Daryl Paynes, "RNAS Yeovilton" which is at Avsim. That in turn requires a lot of third party libraries.

“jyai_sea_harriers_fs9_1.zip” which is at Flightsim.com.

and

My “MAIW HMS Ocean and Ark Royal.zip”, which was also uploaded to Avsim, but seems to have vanished too.

I'll have a look tomorrow at putting together a new upload to the MAIW Hangar that will need to include the HMS Ocean and Ark Royal elements.

John
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

We can find your HMS Ocean (only this carrier, no other stuff in the Zip) on flightsim.com
Delboy99
Captain
Captain

Post by Delboy99 »

Thanks John

I didn't think my question would cause such a headache trying to track down the package. I remember that the Avsim site crashed a few years ago and some files were lost, but I can't recall when that was. Anyway, thanks for all your efforts.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Laurent, the problem with my ships packages is that there have been several iterations over time, especially for HMS Ocean. I have searched both Avsim and Flightsim.com using my name and looked at every package I've uploaded there, but I could not find the AI Sea King HC4 and Sea Harrier Operations one I uploaded. Steve must have been able to download his copy from there at some time in the past 5 and a half years. I can only think it must have sunk in a subsequent Avsim crash as suggested.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I am not a fully fledged hoarder, just an apprentice.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

OK, I think I have the revised package sorted. Before I upload it to the MAIW Hangar would the people who have asked for the HC4's please download it from my cloud server and see if they can set up everything successfully. This is the link that I will leave active for the next few days:

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/yfdrlqgH3Q

The HMS Ocean and Ark Royal package is now included in the zip, but users will still need the Yeovilton scenery from Avsim and my Sea Harriers from Flightsim.com.

FS9 only.

John