The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Seaking Reloaded

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Seaking Reloaded

Post by hschuit »

I will convert the new Sea King HC4 model and forward it to Martin to be added to the FSX/P3D Sea King package.

Henk.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Henk, that would be useful.

John
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by hawk_sh »

Hi John,
thank you for making the Seakings and the scenery availabe.

I will try to have a detailed look at the package later the evening.

One note regarding the HMS Ark Royal:

Looking at the coordinates this is the same scenery as in the HMS Ark Royal Task force package, but with a differerent traffic file.

So users should be made aware that one and the same scenery comes with two different packages to avoid duplicate installation of scenery, AFCAD and traffic files.
Hartwig

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Yep, I said it was complicated Hartwig, I think the Ark Royal Task Force package came later.

John
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by hawk_sh »

Yes, the Ark Royal Task Force package is a few months younger.

Well, this is not a problem for me since I usually check for duplicates when installing new stuff.

I just brought this up here to avoid unnecesarry support threads in the future because of this.
Hartwig

Delboy99
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by Delboy99 »

OK, I think I have the revised package sorted. Before I upload it to the MAIW Hangar would the people who have asked for the HC4's please download it from my cloud server and see if they can set up everything successfully. This is the link that I will leave active for the next few days:
John, I'm sorry but I'm not going to be able to check the HC4's out for you. I'm not going to be able access to my Flight Sim for a few days, I was hoping to do it today, but unfortunately I wasn't able to. I'm sure someone else will be able to check them out for you.

Henk, Looking forward to the FSX version.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

John Young wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 06:47 OK, I think I have the revised package sorted. Before I upload it to the MAIW Hangar would the people who have asked for the HC4's please download it from my cloud server and see if they can set up everything successfully. This is the link that I will leave active for the next few days:

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/yfdrlqgH3Q

The HMS Ocean and Ark Royal package is now included in the zip, but users will still need the Yeovilton scenery from Avsim and my Sea Harriers from Flightsim.com.

FS9 only.

John
Hi John,

Thanks a lot for this link.

If you have other gold/hidden models on your PC don't hesitate to share them ;-)

Regards.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I don't think I have any unshared models Laurent, just a lot of models that I have shared, which makes finding some specific ones sometimes time consuming. There's no hurry to test the packages, I didn't want to leave that temporary download link open for more than a few days. So long as you have now have the zip to explore at your leisure, that's fine.

John
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by hschuit »

Delboy99 wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 18:28 (...) Henk, Looking forward to the FSX version.
If you want to try the converted HC4 Sea King model + textures you can get it here:

https://app.box.com/s/elu7555qruvj20l1na5opmxhegwer5zi

I also did send it to Martin.

Henk.
Delboy99
Captain
Captain

Post by Delboy99 »

Thanks Henk. I'll check it out this evening.
Fokket50
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Fokket50 »

Downloaded the HC4's, they work fine in FS9, only the centre of the model is a bit aft, resulting in passing the runway hold short line before stopping and late turning of the helicopter in turns while taxiing. it is acceptable for me, otherwise you would have to make changes to the model which can be a lot of work.
Menno

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I have just uploaded a stand-alone Sea King HC4 package for FS9 to the Download Hangar. There are 10 examples included.

Although I must have spent around 8 hours on this, I did not want to set up the files to play with because I have modern day Yeovilton set up and in the state of modification with Wildcat traffic.

Even though Hartwig was able to test for me and to suggest ways of repackaging, I came to the conclusion when trying to assemble the new zip and amending the manual, that this was just too confusing because of the later Task Force package and updates. If it's confusing to me, it will be for users too, I'm sure.

The standalone package is therefore much simplified, but confined to Yeovilton operations only. A link to Brian and Daryl's scenery is included along with a traffic file.

I hope this will suffice. As always, please allow time for the package to appear for download. The temporary link above has now been disabled.

John
Delboy99
Captain
Captain

Post by Delboy99 »

A bit late with this, but I now have the HC4s set up and working well in FSX. I'm using Henk's FSX conversion together with Brian Clark's Yeovilton scenery and Johns Ark Royal and Ocean sceneries. Even though they are FS9 sceneries, they work well in FSX without needing any extra work at all. Only the flight plans needed to converted to FSX, which is easy enough with AIFP.

Thank you to everyone that made this project happen.
Jonjon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jonjon »

Many thanks for this one too,

Having worked for the real ones, I enjoyed a lot adding them on my sim :D
Glad you asked Delboy99 ;)

Fred
JBD
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by JBD »

Thanks to all involved with this. My UKMIL “Junglies” are now retired.
The Arctic pair look great alongside the Harriers at Bardufoss.

John D.