The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

KRMG PC9 RAAF

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Big777jet
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

KRMG PC9 RAAF

Post by Big777jet »

Hi Y'All,

I don't know who made the model or designed textures etc. It looks great but the problem is making a turn right 70 degrees sharp turn after landing roll into the taxiway. I saw the PC-9 sharp turn wingtip hitting the pavement and then roll over the plane it goes POOF! Gone. It is something that went wrong with aircraft.cfg with numbers configurations. Can you guy find something wrong and please correct then tell me which [name] then tell me number 1.0 or 0.6 just example. OK? Please investigate and fix the correct to prevent roll-over sharp turning. I saw before take-off turn right 90 degrees it is fine. This 70 degrees turning it roll over then POOF! LOL

Thanks for your time and fix.

Stuart
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Re: KRMG PC9 RAAF

Post by swp53 »

Hi Stuart,
KRMG = Kevin Reed and Mark Griggs.
Perhaps letting us know where you have seen this happen we could then check it out to see if it's just an issue for you or everybody.
Steve
Past Beta Tester
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That sounds very much like the T-6 problem we encountered in NZ.

There are several ways to reduce/remove this. A lot easier than the Texan issue.
Firstly, what is the speed that the aircraft is going as it starts to turn off the runway?
You could alter the aircraft.cfg but please take into account that if it is fine every else then you will be affecting the places that are not an issue as well.
Depending upon the speed at the start of the turn you may find that a small increase in the braking will be enough to fix your issue.
I would try toe_brakes_scale = 0.55 or possibly toe_brakes_scale = 0.6 at most.

The reason why it tips over is that the balance is off centre and so the faster it travels the more likely you are to het the effect you are getting.

If you tell me which airfield, and rwy, that you are having the issues with then maybe I can see if something can be done that doesn't upset things too much.
If it is not an MAIW airfield/scenery you will need to let me know what it is called and where I can get it from so that I can reproduce the error.
Steve
Big777jet
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Big777jet »

Download at avsim. MAIW scenery release anytime soon. The search avsim is: ybsg.zip I created myself scenery airport. You can watch landing and then look turn sharp at 80 degrees. It went rollover and POOF. Gone! I have changed the brake scaler I saw something isn't the right number I changed it to 0.1. Let me look my sim again to see try again. If works or not. I'll let you know later.

Thanks,

Stuart