The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Bayraktar TB2

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
morbidfred
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Bayraktar TB2

Post by morbidfred »

I mentioned in a post last week that I had made a Bayraktar TB2 model for P3dv4.

There is a clean, flir, pylons & flir and loaded version.
I've I also done the 3 blade version that the Ukraine Navy have (not the TB3).

Prop, Gear (gear doors) and Wheels are all animated. There are no rudder or flap animations.

This is how it looks (just like last week).

The real world looks pretty quiet so hopefully I will get it uploaded over the weekend.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Bayraktar TB2

Post by TheFoufure »

Great model.

Any chance to heve them for FS9 ?

Thanks a lot.
morbidfred
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by morbidfred »

I did'nt say which weekend :oops:

Its pretty rough, I've stuck it on dropbox for now. I'll upload it to the hangar when I get the various paints that I've done sorted out (so far I've got Turkey, Ukraine, Qatar, Azerbijan done. Poland have become a customer too).

The zip contains Clean, Flir, Flir & Pylons & armed versions. There is also the 3 bladed prop with Flir version included too.

Hopefully in its rough state it will find a place in your sim. I've only tried it in P3dv4...
I don't think I fancy making it work in FS9... but the source files are there if anybody does.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybxs9zo4qj34q ... 2.zip?dl=0

Gav
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Iraq orders Bayraktar TB2S

Early November 2021, Iraq signed a contract for the delivery of eight Bayraktar TB2S Medium-Altitude Long-Endurance Unmanned Combat Aerial Systems (MALE-UCAS), including three Ground Control Stations, armament, and training. The formality of the contract signing follows negotiations and formal meetings dating back to 2020. The contract also mentions the option on four additional Bayrakta TB2S.

When Jumah Inad Sadun al-Jaburi, Minister of Defence for Iraq, attended the International Defence Industry Fair 2021 (IDEF '21) in Istanbul (Turkey) last August, he met with Turkey's National Defence Minister Hulusi Akar. At the meeting they discussed bilateral and regional defence and security and agreed to pursue closer ties in the defence industry. This resulted in a Defence Industry Cooperation Agreement between Turkey and Iraq, signed by Prof. Dr. Ismail Demir Undersecretary for Defence Industries (Savunma Sanayii Başkanlığı, SSB), and Mohamed Saheb Al-Daraji, chairman of the Military Industrialization Board of the Republic of Iraq.

Later that month, the Iraqi Defense Minister, who was a guest on a programme of the Iraqi privately owned satellite channel Al Sharqiya, announced that an agreement was reached for the purchase of the Bayraktar TB2S UCAS plus twelve Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) T129B ATAK helicopters and six ASELSAN KORAL land-based radar electronic warfare systems. The T129B sale needs to be approved by the US Congress because it contains technology that is under strict export regulations. The sale of 30 T129Bs to Pakistan is still blocked by the US while the sale of six T129Bs to the Philippines has been approved and are due for delivery. For this moment, only the contract for the Bayraktar has been formally signed.

The operator of this new hardware will most likely be the Iraqi Army Aviation Command (IAAC). IAAC's 100th Recce/Attack Squadron already operates Chinese-built Cai Hong Rainbow CH-4B UCAS out of Al Kut air base, but of the twenty aircraft delivered almost half crashed and the remaining aircraft are stored due to the lack of spares. Needless to say that Iraq desperately needs a more reliable platform.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Turkey's key export success

The Bayraktar TB2 (Tactical Block 2) is a Turkish-built Medium-Altitude Long-Endurance (MALE) Unmanned Combat Aerial System (UCAS) capable of remotely controlled or autonomous flight operations.

It is manufactured by the Turkish company Baykar Savunma (Baykar Defence), initially for the Turkish Armed Forces. The aircraft is monitored and controlled by an aircrew in the Ground Control Station (GCS), including weapons employment, via a Türksat satellite connection.

The name Bayraktar stems from the founder of Baykar Makina, the late Özdemir Bayraktar that passed away on 18 October. Bayraktar is a common surname in Turkish that means ensign or standard-bearer.

Baykar Defence started to develop a new combat tactical aerial vehicle system on request of the SSB - Savunma Sanayii Başkanlığı (Presidency of Defense Industries), after the experiences of its first tactical Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) Bayraktar Çaldıran in 2011. The Bayraktar TB2 conducted its maiden flight in August 2014. On 18 December 2015, a video was published for the missile test of Bayraktar TB2 as collaboration result with ROKETSAN.

The Bayraktar TB2S has become a key export success for Turkey and its Defence Industry. In September 2021, Baykar's Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Selçuk Bayraktar stated that new export agreements were signed with a large number of countries for the export of Bayraktar TB2. Baykar Defence currently generates more than 83 percent of its revenues from exports.

Scramble Magazine has knowledge of the following users within the Turkish Armed Forces and known export customers. Obviously, Turkey is the largest consumer of the product with five internal operators of the UCAS.

Turkey
Turkish Army: around 100 delivered from August 2016
Turkish Navy: 10 delivered from December 2018
Turkish Police: 16 delivered from 2016
Turkish Gendarmerie: around 40 delivered from March 2017
Turkish National Intelligence Organisation: unknown number delivered by 2020

Known export customers for the Bayraktar TB2 (ISR) and Bayraktar TB2S (Silahlı or Armed) by 23 December 2021:
Libya: around 36 ordered and delivered from November 2017
Qatar: 6 ordered in March 2018, delivered in 2019
Ukraine: 17 ordered from January 2019, delivered in 2020
Azerbaijan: around 12 ordered June in 2020, delivered in 2020
Morocco: 13 ordered in April 2021, delivered from September 2021, deliveries ongoing
Ethiopia: around 4 ordered in August 2021, delivered in November 2021
Poland: 24 ordered in May 2021, deliveries pending for 2022
Turkmenistan: 6 ordered and delivered in 2021
Iraq: 8 ordered (plus 4 optional) in November 2021, deliveries pending for 2022
Kyrgyzstan: 3 ordered in October 2021, deliveries pending for 2022
Niger: 6 ordered in November 2021, deliveries pending for 2022

In some media outlets, Somalia is also quoted as an export customer but in fact the Somalia-based Bayraktar TB2S’ are forward deployed Turkish Army or Gendarmerie examples that operate under the TURKSOM agreement since November 2021.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Clicking on above link I am told that I don't have access.
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Post by morbidfred »

gsnde wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 01:25 Clicking on above link I am told that I don't have access.
It appears old age doesnt come cheap... :oops:
Thanks for letting me know it should be all fixed now,

Gav

Bayraktar TB2, https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybxs9zo4qj34q ... 2.zip?dl=0
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

I can tell you… Add Glühwein to it like with my release yesterday and everybody is in for a surprise… :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello,

Does anyone have FP for this UAV (Turkish and Ukrainian versions) ?

Thanks a lot
davidsuter393
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by davidsuter393 »

Link is dead, again. Pakistan Air Force has them as well.