The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Dans bits & bobs

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Dans bits & bobs

Post by shaggy22 »

jimrodger wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 12:47
shaggy22 wrote: 08 Jul 2021, 21:33 I've taken a little break from the Soviet units in Eastern Germany, don't worry they will be restarted very shortly, & I've decided to fill up Eastern Germany with aircraft from the East German Air Force as it was just before re-unification. I've done flightplans for the already released MiG 21's, MiG 23's, Mi-8's & Mi-2's done by Jason Rogers. Everything else I've painted up with the exception of the 2 Il-62's & 2 of the Tu-134's in which all I've done is change the serials from existing liveries, so those will not be released. The military livery of the Tu-134 was done by myself so that one will be included.
Any idea where the TU-134A and Il-62M paint schemes can be downloaded from....hunted usual place to no avail.

Many Thanks

Jim

I can't remember to be honest, I'll try & hunt for them & if I can't find them I'll send them to you

Here's the Tu-134: http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-ai-tra ... 41837.html
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by jimrodger »

Many thanks for the links

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

For those who downloaded the recent USAF KC-10's I forgot to add the flightplans in error, so I have attached them here for anyone who needs them.

Admin team, could you add these to the main download in the hangar as well please.

My thanks to Mason (jetpilot1980) for pointing this out for me

Cheers
Attachments
USAF KC10.zip
(247.22 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Just uploaded 2 new packages, 1 is the An-22 pack I mentioned earlier on this thread. I haven't provided flightplans for them this time. I also stated I updated the paint kit, all I have done in essence is up the resolution somewhat so they are much sharper than before. I would've like to add some weathering to them as they were very messy back in the day but that is way beyond my painting abilities at the moment, if anyone fancies a go at that message me & I'll send the revised PK over so you can have a go.

The 2nd pack is only a small one, (6 aircraft) but quite a nice one I reckon. You'll just have to wait & see what that is when the library is updated. I will say it is from the Eastern side of the Iron Curtain though :D
Dan

norpete
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by norpete »

I installed some GDR AI traffic packages. In some flightplans I found entries for waypoints probably like ETX1, ETX2, ... and others.
Where can I find them? Are the part of any MAIW packages?
Thanks
Norbert
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

They are found in Menno's Warsaw Pact pack in the Hangar. Just search for 'Warsaw Pact' and you will find it.
Steve
norpete
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by norpete »

Wonderful, found it - thank you!
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Another paintkit request post I'm afraid;

Does anyone have the pk for the MPAI Su-24 they could send me please, I can't find it in the usual places. But my track record of late has been quite poor in that regard so apologies if it's somewhere really simple
Dan

jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

shaggy22 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 22:35 Another paintkit request post I'm afraid;

Does anyone have the pk for the MPAI Su-24 they could send me please, I can't find it in the usual places. But my track record of late has been quite poor in that regard so apologies if it's somewhere really simple
Hunted through my system ... no joy either

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

shaggy22 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 22:35 Another paintkit request post I'm afraid;

I am interested as well.
VIVA LA VIDA
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

I don't think the MPAI SU-24 paintkit was released. I made my own for the MiG-23 and 27's that I painted.
Bazinga!
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Hello all, the next project I'm doing is quite a big one, in terms of numbers & aircraft size. I'm planning on doing the USAF C-141 fleet as it was in the late 80's early 90s. I've done quite a lot of the repaints already as I found a website with all the serials on. However what I do need a hand with is what airframe was based where, I know which bases were home to the C-141 fleet but I can't determine what was where. Can anyone help with this one please?
Dan

morbidfred
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by morbidfred »

Hi Dan,

Might not be what your looking for.....

But you should be able to match up some of the locations / dates using.

http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_serials/usafserials.html

hope it helps

Gav
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Thanks Gav,

I'll have a look
Dan

morbidfred
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by morbidfred »

Another option, although I can't remember that far back but the Military Aircraft Markings books by Peter R March had listings for USAF aircraft at the back after the RAF stuff. Loads of different years on ebay again I just can't remember if they always had the USAF listing at the back.

Gav
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Next project has just been uploaded, it is the French Air Force Jaguars as they were in the late 80s or so. This has already been uploaded in 2 parts & should be available shortly. Along with the retro Bulgarian Air Force helicopter fleet that we forgot about.

The next project I would like do will be some VC/10's & P-3s, however I require the paintkits for them. Does anyone a copy of those they could send over please?
Dan

shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

The next project as promised are the US Navy P-3 Orions as they were in February 1988. This is by far & away the biggest project I've done in terms of aircraft numbers so far. I'm not doing VP-26, NAS Keflavik & NAS Sigonella station aircraft as they have already been completed. As it stands I won't be doing the EP-3s either as I don't have a paint kit for them.

Dan

gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I really love aircraft wearing white!
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by fnkybnch »

Thank you, Dan!!!

I've been hoping (for a long time) that someone would do P-3's in this scheme! My personal favorites are VP-19 and VP-40.

Thank you again for doing this!

Mark