The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Graphics issues with trees

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
MSoden1991
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Graphics issues with trees

Post by MSoden1991 »

Hi,

I have tried everything to get rid of these trees but I can't

Does anyone know why they are displaying like that?

We just can't figure out how to correct this.

Matt Soden
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Graphics issues with trees

Post by Firebird »

Is that an FS9 lib that you are using? If so see if there is an FSX version.
It might be that you are using the FSX lib but the FS9 textures.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

You have a frame rate of 10fps, which is unusable. What is the scenery and what sim version is it for?

John
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Looks like Waddington. There are some good sceneries for that which work perfectly well in P3D, so there should be no need to use an FS9 version - which is definitely where those trees come from.
MSoden1991
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MSoden1991 »

John Young wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 14:58 You have a frame rate of 10fps, which is unusable. What is the scenery and what sim version is it for?

John
Hello, my frame rate is 19 on the screen shot, doesn't seem clear here.
Matt Soden
MSoden1991
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MSoden1991 »

TimC340 wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 00:50 Looks like Waddington. There are some good sceneries for that which work perfectly well in P3D, so there should be no need to use an FS9 version - which is definitely where those trees come from.
This is a downloaded scenery recommended to me by a friend who knows what he is doing. This is the point of my post, even with nice customized sceneries, the trees appear to be like this.
Matt Soden
MSoden1991
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MSoden1991 »

Firebird wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 14:05 Is that an FS9 lib that you are using? If so see if there is an FSX version.
It might be that you are using the FSX lib but the FS9 textures.
I will take a look at it, I may have to call on my good mate Dan Reeves to help me later.
Matt Soden
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

What is the name of the zip that the scenery came from please? Better still, if you can provide the link, I'll test it for you.

I can't help you unless I know what I am looking at and what sim version the scenery was intended for.

John
MSoden1991
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MSoden1991 »

John Young wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 10:07 What is the name of the zip that the scenery came from please? Better still, if you can provide the link, I'll test it for you.

I can't help you unless I know what I am looking at and what sim version the scenery was intended for.

John
Hi John, It's P3D V.4 - Shaggy22 has the same scenery and sim as me and his works fine, so we are going to investigate further.

I'll find out where I got the scenery from as I can't remember.
Matt Soden
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

When I say, what am I looking at Matt, I mean - what airfield is that? I already know you are using P3D because it's on the screen shot and your user information.

If it is my RAF Waddington scenery, that was produced way back in 2008 when FSX was patched to SP1. When SP2 came along, sometime later, it ceased backwards compatibility with SP1 features, including the transparency in the trees. I suspect that's why you have a problem. If it is Waddington of course.

John
MSoden1991
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MSoden1991 »

John Young wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 12:45 When I say, what am I looking at Matt, I mean - what airfield is that? I already know you are using P3D because it's on the screen shot and your user information.

If it is my RAF Waddington scenery, that was produced way back in 2008 when FSX was patched to SP1. When SP2 came along, sometime later, it ceased backwards compatibility with SP1 features, including the transparency in the trees. I suspect that's why you have a problem. If it is Waddington of course.

John

Hello John, yes it is Waddington but issue fixed now. I should of done more problem solving and searching before coming on here, I had another Waddington scenery running as well. The one i used before I changed it to retro.

Issue now resolved!
Matt Soden
MSoden1991
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MSoden1991 »

Issue now resolved, I should of looked properly in my scenery folders but a different Waddington scenery was active in another folder.

Scenery is fine now.
Matt Soden
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Thank you for reply and information how you sold this issue :)
Regards, Manfred.