The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

jbai dominies

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

jbai dominies

Post by tornado3367 »

hi guys. has anyone attempted to convert the jbai dominies to p3dv4 use?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: jbai dominies

Post by Firebird »

I don't believe that we have permission to do that.
Steve
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

ah ok. i was wondering if someone could package the aircraft and make them into a self conversion package like what was done with fernandos c160s
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I don't really understand your meaning here.
We have never used these models in a package. So are you asking for someone to create a package so that you can convert them?

Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

There is nothing to stop you converting them yourself, for your own personal use, just as long as you respect the original rights that they were released under and don't make them available to anybody else.
Steve
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

Firebird wrote: 03 Feb 2022, 22:01 I don't really understand your meaning here.
We have never used these models in a package. So are you asking for someone to create a package so that you can convert them?

Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

There is nothing to stop you converting them yourself, for your own personal use, just as long as you respect the original rights that they were released under and don't make them available to anybody else.
yes i am asking for someone to create a package so i can convert them myself
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK, so trying to put this in the nicest possible way, why would somebody do something - for one person - that you could do for yourself?

What I mean is that to build a package they would need to get the original model, all the required paints, and the flightplan, put it together in a nice format so that you can just double click on it.

Now I am not going to say that nobody would do this, because somebody might. What we are not going to do is solicit somebody to do this.
What you could do is get the model, get the paints and get the flightplans and do the whole thing yourself. A simple search for 'dominie' on Avsim will provide you with everything you need. The only thing you will definitely need to change would be the plans from FS9 to FSX format.
Steve
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

i am trying to convert the dominies using mcx the aircraft are appearing but their wheels and flaps aren't animated. any way i can fix this?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I will let somebody that has far more knowledge on the subject comment on this.
What I understand is that each fS9 variable and animation has to be defined and converted to P3D. If you don't know the animation details or the xml definitions for the FS9 version then you are severely hampered and will have to define everything yourself.

MCX is a conversion tool, but it will not just convert entirely everything you load up into it. This will not change. It is designed for modellers to convert their own models, primarily, it will never be a simple one click tool as a means to enable piracy.

If it was that simple it would not have taken the small conversion team, those that know what they are doing, 18 months to create the library of P3D models that they have. It would have taken 10 people about a week.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

I've done it (for my Finningley 1990), and it worked fine*. I haven't checked if they work in P3Dv5 (I don't use v4 any more), but there's no reason why they shouldn't. It was a matter of a few seconds' work in MCX, and I didn't have to muck around with any of the animations.

*Although, looking at the image below, I'd forgotten that the landing lights seem to be permanently on! The image is from P3Dv4.

jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

First flight as a U/T AEOp on XS712...happy days

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

TimC340 wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 17:57
*Although, looking at the image below, I'd forgotten that the landing lights seem to be permanently on! The image is from P3Dv4.
Did you assign the lights the correct effect and visibility conditions? or are they the initial effect created by MCX? If the latter you need to change the effect to fx_landing (or else they won't light the ground, at least they wouldn't in older flight sims - haven't tested in P3DV5) and give it a landing light visibility condition.

Gavin
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

TBH, I can't remember what I did Gavin. It was a couple of years ago at least. I may get a chance to have a look tomorrow!