The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Drive erased all data, no more Matrix folder

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
VORTEX
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Drive erased all data, no more Matrix folder

Post by VORTEX »

Hi all, I understand this is a long shot, but is there anyway I can get the complete Matrix download of all regions now that Matrix has been discontinued? Over the weekend, my external drive with all of the regions got wiped accidentally and I didn't make a backup of the packages (dummy me). Thanks and hope all is well.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Drive erased all data, no more Matrix folder

Post by Greg »

It's a question that has come up regularly and something my co-admin Steve has asked about as well.

There are a couple of issues and I haven't had time to look into them yet:
  1. The contents of all packages are the intellectual property of a couple dozen different developers. Each of them has given us permission to distribute their files either as part of an MAIW package or through MATRIX. I can't make the region source archives publicly available without first adding some documentation to them and even then I'm not sure if distributing them directly is still covered by said permissions.
  2. The region source archives are a couple of gigabytes large and were served from a dedicated AWS cloud server instance that is now offline. I'm reluctant to put the files on our web server since it isn't designed to offer such large files. Neither can I reactivate the AWS server since we're hardly getting enough donations to pay for our webserver, let alone an extra expensive cloud server.
  3. Even if I find the time to set everything up, I have no time to offer any support at the moment. I know that most people won't have any issues figuring it out but for those that aren't familiar with the P3Dv4 add-on.xml structure for example I'm expecting a lot of questions that I currently can't help with.
So it's not something that is doable on short term, but it remains high on the things-to-look-into list.
VORTEX
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: Drive erased all data, no more Matrix folder

Post by VORTEX »

Thanks for the reply, Greg. I completely understand how it's tasking and takes up a ton of resources. Hope to see it all come together soon. I'm gonna work on reinstalling each pack separately for now. Is there a way to just download the traffic files for each pack, since I have to download the conversion packs already? Thanks again for the reply.