The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MAIW RWAI C-17 Globemaster III Conversion Support

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: MAIW RWAI C-17 Globemaster III Conversion Support

Post by petebramley »

Righto, I did not bother switching on my old FS9 box to check. Its not very important anyway as it certainly does not detract from seeing the model in P3D.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
pennkiwi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by pennkiwi »

Sadly, I am unable to use FS9 models in FSX-SE, due to a graphics fix that eliminated some very annoying problems, but also made it mandatory that I can only use native FSX models. So if a conversion says P3D4 that means I can't use it? So far I've had zero problems with the F16, C130, P3, C141 and A400M packages. Is there any chance that the exclusively P34D models could be converted for FSX? I know the team members have already invested a huge amount of work, but if this could be done I'd be very grateful. And as FSX native models seem to work okay in P34D and other P3D versions, it would give the maximum chance for people to upgrade their military AI...
Ian
What matters in life is to be committed to something greater than yourself.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

petebramley wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 18:25 2. The parking spot size (as shown in AIAE) is only 15 which seems far too small for an A/C of this size. The C130 is 20.
Not an issue with this conversion. The conversion package uses the exact same FDE as before.

Remember that parking radius in P3Dv4 (since FSX actually) is not controlled by the model radius, but by taking the wing_span value from the aircraft.cfg and dividing that by 2.

Historically, FDE designers liked to play with the wing_span value to trigger realistic behaviour since FS9 didn't use this value for anything else. If you want realistic parking assignement in FSX/P3D, you can change this value yourself but know that this may lead to a less realistic behaviour of the aircraft.
mbscjohnp
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mbscjohnp »

Two questions: 1: Are there traffic files available for this package because I did not find any in the download, and, if so, where are they located, or do I have to create some myself? 2: I have some FSX AI files for the C-17 for Charlotte ANG base in NC, but I can't add them (they don't show up) even though I converted the textures to dds and flipped them (my converted dds's are kind of dark, not surrounded in a light color like in this package) and created a P3Dv4 Flight Plan for them. Are there any converted available for USAF NC ANG 145th Airlift Wing, Charlotte NC, or any instructions how I might add the existing FSX files with their Flight Plans? I am missing them at KCLT. Don't hurry, we are awaiting Hurricane Florence to visit us in Myrtle Beach in 2 days and I have plenty of time while we are hunkered down in the house. John
md11driver44
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by md11driver44 »

Are there any plans to make the C17's compatible with FSX?
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

md11driver44 wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 19:07 Are there any plans to make the C17's compatible with FSX?
No. The FS9 model works fine in FSX.

Gavin
Wolfhound
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Wolfhound »

mikewmac wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 10:01
dummy wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 09:49 Will they be made available for FSX too?

These conversion packages contain AI models converted to FSX native format for use in FSX/P3D. :smt023
They don,t show up in fsx
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Please also read the rest of this thread.

The RWAI C-17 was converted for P3Dv4, not for FSX. Mike made a false assumption.
Wolfhound
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Wolfhound »

O oke thanks
Brian_Gladden
Cadet
Cadet