The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MAIW FMAI Dassault Mirage 2000 Family Conversion Support

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

MAIW FMAI Dassault Mirage 2000 Family Conversion Support

Post by gsnde »

Post support related comments for the MAIW FMAI Dassault Mirage 2000 Family conversion in this thread.

Please note:

Because Fernando Martinez could not be reached for his approval, we are not able to provide you with a converted model like we did in all other conversion packages so far. Instead this package contains a tool that allows you to easily do the conversion yourself on your computer. This process has to be done only once.

Please read the documentation carefully. This package will not work before you do the conversion
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: MAIW FMAI Dassault Mirage 2000 Family Conversion Support

Post by ajs1964 »

Hi Guys, I'm not sure where to post this so please move if necessary.

I am running FSXSE and downloaded the 7 packages. Generally I have no issue with MDL8 aircraft in my sim but for some reason the LR fuel tanks and the MICA missiles +/- their mounts are not showing on some aircraft (see pic).
I'd be really appreciative of any assistance as this is the first time I've had an FS9 aircraft part not show in FSXSE.

Cheers
Andrew
Attachments
Mirage Missing Parts.jpg
Muckinator2005
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Post by Muckinator2005 »

Hello Andrew,

From the looks of the front plane my guess is that you've tried to use the model from the conversion package in FSX. The conversion is P3D only and is not supposed to be used in FSX. For FSX, models of the original packages should work just fine. If not, there's nothing I can do about it as I don't use FSX. Also the original developer Fernando Martinez isn't active anymore. But in that case this is the wrong thread anyway.

Best regards,

Jean Claude
ajs1964
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ajs1964 »

G'day Jean Claude

I have indeed downloaded the FS9 (MDL8) packages. Thanks for your suggestions and I will look around to see if the MDL or Texture files are perhaps the wrong ones. You suggested this is the wrong thread so can you advise where I need to post?

Thankyou
Andrew
ajs1964
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ajs1964 »

G'day again Jean Claude

It seems the original textures have these parts on the offending aircraft changed in the Alpha. I downloaded the texture sets to fix the translucent cockpit and interestingly when these are applied the LR tanks and missiles show again.

Interestingly Martins AI aircraft editor shows the missing parts now but still has translucent/opaque cockpit.

Anyway all good now. :)

Cheers
Andrew