The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D

Post by Firebird »

Should it be needed, and if it is kosher to do so, I do have a copy of the EGUL_IMAGE.bgl and will make it available.

I admit I wasn't aware of anything dubious related to it. So let me know if I should make it available, burn it in the fires of hell or lose it in the darker recesses of my PC once again.
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

I suggest we leave that decision to Ian.

If he doesn't respond here, I'll send him a message.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Perfectly happy with that.
Steve
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

So thats what it is, I thought with global warming and rising sea levels it was the red sea expansion :)
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Mariuszp
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mariuszp »

Welcome!
I installed the EGUL Lakenheath scenery in Fsx Steam Edition today and I also have the same problem as the rest of my colleagues black box with red color inside, I'm sending a screenshot. I read your posts and I know that you can replace it with the correct file, unfortunately it was on Mediafire but it no longer exists or I have to log in to Mediafire I don't know how to download this file. I would be very grateful if someone could send me this file. I inform you that EGUL is the only scenery installed because Fs-X is freshly installed and I don't have any other scenery. Best Regards Mariusz!
lucame
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lucame »

HI everybody,

I'm coming back to this old topic because I have a problem.

New PC, Windows 11: FSX seems to work fine but when I load this scenery ( and others ACG sceneries) I have always a CTD at the end of the process.

Loading other addon sceneries or MAIW sceneries is always OK.

Does anybody have an idea how can I fix this issue ?

Thank you. Lucame
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The first thing that you should check is that it is scenery related.

What makes me say this is normally the last thing loaded before the game springs into life is the traffic files.

So, what i would do is move all of your traffic files to a safe folder. Don't forget traffic files can be in any active FSX scenery folder - not just scenery\world\scenery.

Then check the game. If you are correct about it being a scenery issue then you will still have the CTD.

Now my guess is that it will still crash. However, you say that other ACG sceneries also have this issue. So confirm this by disabling them as well. This will prove that nothing is corrupted with the game and the sceneries are definitely the issue.

Once you have don't that and you have proved what you suspect then what I suspect is that some texture(s) that the scenary/scenraies need are not installed. Double check that everything is installed in the right place. Do a manual install over the top of them, if need be.

See what you find.
Steve
Jorgen
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by Jorgen »

To figure out more about what is going on, I would like to see the error entry (or error entries, usually there are two) in the Windows Event Viewer that are related to your crashes.

To get to those, follow these steps:

Note down the time of a crash, if necessary provoke one. Then right-click on your Windows Start button and select "Event Viewer" (third item down) from the menu. In Event Viewer, click on the little arrow next to "Windows Logs", then click on "Application". In the top center pane you will now see a list of entries with time-stamps to the left. Scroll down this list to the time of your crash, and now there should be at least one entry there titled "Error". Click on that or those, and the error information from that entry will come up in the bottom center pane. That information from the bottom center pane is what I would like to see, if you cannot get that posted here then note down the "Exception codes" that will be there and post them here.

This can sound overwhelming, but it will make sense as you go through this. And it is important that you use these steps to get the information, in other places I have seen people posting information from other "Event Viewers" that do not have what I need.

Jorgen
lucame
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lucame »

Thank you Firebird and Jorgen for your answers !

Firebird you're right ! I've found a "48th FW" traffic file in my Scenery/World/Scenery folder.

Once deleted every ACG scenery is working fine.

Thanks again !!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Glad it is partially solved. Now all you have to do is work out the problem with the traffic file.

Load it up into AIFP3 and validate it. If it looks fine according AIFP then start looking at the textures involved with the aircraft from that traffic file.
Steve