The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Prepar3D v4 Add-ons, add-on.xml problem

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Prepar3D v4 Add-ons, add-on.xml problem

Post by Jim »

I appear to have broken my sim :cry:

Most of my add-on scenery is no longer working. They are loaded via "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" in my user documents folder. Within that I have several add-on areas that I can enable/disable via the add-on button in P3D. This includes regional folders inserted by Matrix.

Within P3D I can no longer call up an airport (in an enabled area) to start a flight from unless it pre-exists as a stock airport. In the map view, the add-on airports DO show up as pink circles with their ICAO code, but runways are MISSING.
If I fly from a stock airport towards the add-on I can see that scenery objects (eg. hangars) are all there ok, but runways, taxiways, aprons and roads are all missing.
I've attached X5CA Catterick (from Matrix's "MAIW Region Europe") as an example. I don't think it matters that the example has a separate object placement file.

Add-ons loaded the FSX way directly from the Scenery Library are ok. eg from the Addon Scenery folder.

Suggestions welcome,
Jim
Attachments
Map & layout.JPG
X5CA.JPG
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Prepar3D v4 Add-ons, add-on.xml problem

Post by TimC340 »

I would guess that something has become corrupted in your xml file. I use Lorby's P3D Addon Organiser to look after all the under-the-hood xml stuff, and it works brilliantly.
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

Cheers Tim!

Fixed I think, though I don't know how. I'm guessing that when I disabled a couple of add-on packages and enabled another couple using Lorby, it re-wrote a .cfg file and fixed whatever was wrong with it. (Prior to that all I did was activate the "Enforce strict package law" as that looked safer for me.)

I reverted to the previously enabled packages and still worked (except I've discovered an X5CB & X5CC overlaying X5CA at a different elevation, but I can fix that).

As an aside, Lorby fixes a long standing issue I mentioned elsewhere. When I switch add-ons within P3D, no AI traffic loaded with the enabled add-on would appear until I shut down & restarted P3D. Using Lorby prior to starting P3D in the first place means the traffic appears first time. Yay!

Thanks again,
Jim
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Result!