The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

fsx really weather

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

fsx really weather

Post by VulcanDriver »

Seeing as FSX doesn't support real weather even though the button is there, what's the best freeware real weather program available.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Re: fsx really weather

Post by VulcanDriver »

VulcanDriver wrote: 28 Aug 2022, 17:43 Seeing as FSX doesn't support real weather even though the button is there, what's the best freeware real weather program available.
I found Open Clouds for FSX and it works great. Flying in the UK is free but for £5 per year you get worldwide cover.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
SeanG
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by SeanG »

I've been using FSRealWXLite for ages, FS9 and FSX... and I'm going to buy the new version (which I think is only 15 Euro)

https://www.fsrealwx.de/index.php/downl ... ealwx-lite

The lite version works pretty well, and lets you choose VATSIM as a weather source as well (which works better for NZ than anything else)

Sean
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

My personal favourite is FSXWX

https://www.fsxwx.com/home.htm
It is free and it works well for me.

Gavin