The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Scenery Package Knowledge Wiki

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
SeanG
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Scenery Package Knowledge Wiki

Post by SeanG »

Thats a mouthfull of a topic.... but I had a thought;
Since I have stepped from FS9 to P3D, and (as usual) playing catch-up... it go me thinking about all the knowledge which lies in the forums, and in all the individuals heads here, and thinking of a way of capturing it, or at least some of it..

So I started thinking about a Wiki type setup, where individuals could add data to pages based on specific airfields for scenery sources, compatability with sim versions, conversion tips, AI traffic etc etc...

Imagine if I documented the sources and process I used to download and convert John Stinstroms Inyokern scenery for P3Dv4... make it easier for the next person to do so.

If everyone comitted their favourite, or local airfield to the wiki it would be a great resource ;-)

Sean
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Scenery Package Knowledge Wiki

Post by TimC340 »

Very happy to join in with this if you go ahead, but the methods and principles I use are similar whichever airfield I'm converting. I also do quite a lot of original scenery making, and for that I rely on the Wiki and Forums over at FSDeveloper. Of course, the basic conversion process is covered in this MAIW Briefing.

I would be careful about being too specific about any given airfield, as you could be interpreted as encouraging abuse of copyright.
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Re: Scenery Package Knowledge Wiki

Post by SeanG »

I don't want to make anything which even hints at copyright abuse, I'm talking very general..

e.g: Somthing like this

+==============================================================+
RAF Bentfighters [EGXX]

Download XYZ scenery by A.Designer from <link to flightsim.com...>
Convert following https://militaryaiworks.com/briefing-ro ... to-fsx-p3d Guidlines.
Libraries to be converted: (since that's sometimes a puzzle)
Any anomolies:
Note XYZ_l.bmp needs to be flipped
ABC.bmp missing, but I found it in ANUTHA scenery, link etc...

List of AI packages which are relevant, maybe with links
List of pre-converted AI models required, also, maybe with links.

+==============================================================+

Simple stuff which anyone could put together quickly as a guide for others to follow...