The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Issue with scenery instructions in JYAI_Typhoons_Austria_FSX_P3D_1

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
Ripcord
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Issue with scenery instructions in JYAI_Typhoons_Austria_FSX_P3D_1

Post by Ripcord »

This question is not related to the aircraft, they show up fine for me in P3Dv4, so thanks guys for your hard work.

I'm not getting the Zeltweg scenery correct. Might be I am just confused about the instructions.

I have the scenery by Miljian K. And I have the update package which is called JYAI_Typhoons_Austria_FSX_P3D_1.

Instructions from the manual.

This is a link to Zeltweg (MAIW Austrian Airbases) for FS9 (also usable in FSX) in the MAIW Download Hangar: (LINK FOLLOWS).

For P3Dv4 and V5, the same link can be used, but please replace the scenery folder with the one in the Typhoons zip.

So I completely remove the scenery folder (just leave the texture folder) from the FS9 Package, and instead I put in scenery folder from this new zip file. I understood this correctly, yes?

OK that scenery folder contains the following three files:

LOXZ_ADEP4_MAIW_MOD.bgl
LOXZ_ADEP4_MAIW_MOD_CVX.bgl
LOXZ_ADEP4_MAIW_MOD_OBJ.bgl

The issue that I see here is that the FS9 scenery my Miljian K has a custom object library that needs to be converted. It is not provided in the new package files.

The manual goes on to discuss the global object library files, ANTSLIB_VEHICLES and all that. I did not see anything in those libraries pertaining to this scenery.

Am I doing something wrong (the most likely explanation), or is the scenery package simply not completely baked/converted yet?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Issue with scenery instructions in JYAI_Typhoons_Austria_FSX_P3D_1

Post by Greg »

Post moved since it has nothing to do with the NBAI Typhoon conversion. ;)
Ripcord
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Re: Issue with scenery instructions in JYAI_Typhoons_Austria_FSX_P3D_1

Post by Ripcord »

Greg wrote: 31 Aug 2022, 08:23 Post moved since it has nothing to do with the NBAI Typhoon conversion. ;)
Thanks Greg. I was not at all sure where to post it.