The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Dans bits & bobs

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
A25777
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: Dans bits & bobs

Post by A25777 »

This is great,
I am in the process of doing scenery for Glenview and South Weymouth.
Alex
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by shaggy22 »

Flightplans & repaints for the US Navy P-3's, 368 repaints, have just been uploaded to the hangar. There's a few units missing for varying reasons but the vast majority are there. Enjoy

Next project is also a US Navy package, & a USAF one as well eventually, & thankfully quite a bit smaller :D
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Wow. Awesome amount of work there, Dan. Thanks.
Steve
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

shaggy22 wrote:Flightplans & repaints for the US Navy P-3's, 368 repaints, have just been uploaded to the hangar. There's a few units missing for varying reasons but the vast majority are there. Enjoy

Next project is also a US Navy package, & a USAF one as well eventually, & thankfully quite a bit smaller :D
Gonna need a bigger hard drive.... many many thanks

Jim

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Firebird wrote: 25 Mar 2022, 21:56 Wow. Awesome amount of work there, Dan. Thanks.
Tell me about it, never want to see another P-3 paint kit ever again :mrgreen:
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

A25777 wrote: 12 Mar 2022, 17:59 This is great,
I am in the process of doing scenery for Glenview and South Weymouth.
I visited South Weymouth NAS once. It had already been identified for closure, so there wasn't a whole lot going on. A couple of P3s still remained. My strongest memory is the enormous airship mooring circle, still evident on Google Earth.
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Hi all,

Does anyone have a copy of the PSAI T-37 paint kit that they could send me please?

Thanks in advance.
Dan

Delboy99
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by Delboy99 »

Dan, I've sent you a PM regarding a paint kit.

Derek
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Uploaded some repaints for the RAF VC-10s as they were in the late 80s early 90s They should be available soon.

That said this is small potatoes compared to what myself & a friend are working on right now, no spoilers just yet but it's by far & away the most complex project I've ever undertaken. Watch this space :D
Dan

shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Well here's what my next release will be, this is a project done by myself & a Msoden1991. It is a RIAT interpretation of late 80s, where possible we've used the actual aircraft that turned up for either the 87 & 89 shows. They are all on 8 week flightplans with the USAF bomber deployment happening a few weeks later on. all the repaints & flightplans are done as you can see, still need to obtain a couple of permissions yet regarding the scenery & the Jordanian L1011. Also need to do the readme as well which will take a little while. I'll include an excel file stating which aircraft are coming, what time & the relevant parking codes & types so they'll park in the correct places. Here are some screenshots of this:

Dan

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That is an awful lot of work to get all of that together, guys. Will no doubt be spectacular.
Steve
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

shaggy22 wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 12:23 Well here's what my next release will be, this is a project done by myself & a Msoden1991. It is a RIAT interpretation of late 80s, where possible we've used the actual aircraft that turned up for either the 87 & 89 shows. They are all on 8 week flightplans with the USAF bomber deployment happening a few weeks later on. all the repaints & flightplans are done as you can see, still need to obtain a couple of permissions yet regarding the scenery & the Jordanian L1011. Also need to do the readme as well which will take a little while. I'll include an excel file stating which aircraft are coming, what time & the relevant parking codes & types so they'll park in the correct places. Here are some screenshots of this:

absolute beauty dan!
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

This has now been finally uploaded, please please please read the readme file & accompanying excel sheet or it will all go horribly wrong :D
Dan

tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

cant wait to use it dan!!
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

Woohoo... two of my paints in there!!

SeanG
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

So quick question on the RIAT release... I see it uses the DWAI BAC 1-11... Has that been converted / released for FSX / V4 I cannot seem to find it..? I know someone did a quick conversion of the JB simulations version on AIG... But the only DWAI version I can find is for FS9... Thanks.
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

jetpilot1980 wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 16:56 So quick question on the RIAT release... I see it uses the DWAI BAC 1-11... Has that been converted / released for FSX / V4 I cannot seem to find it..? I know someone did a quick conversion of the JB simulations version on AIG... But the only DWAI version I can find is for FS9... Thanks.
Not sure to be honest, it maybe on AIG as I think they did them. If not I probably did a quick conversion myself
Dan

jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Might have been a quick self-conversion, as I do not see it in the AIG DWAI packages or in the forums...

Also a couple of other notes:

The aircraft.cfg text files were missing for the JYAI Lancaster, JYAI Spitfire, and MPAI Mirage V...

Also I do not see / cannot find FSX / P3d versions of the CPAI Herald or the GAI DHC-4...

Thanks!
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Try here for the DWAI models, no idea if it's in there or not. https://www.alpha-india.net/aigfiles/fi ... %20models/

Those aircraft are simple replacement textures so shouldn't need a new cfg file for them.

I'm pretty sure there is no P3D conversion of the Herald, I think there's one for the DHC-4 but I'm not sure. If you pm me your email address I'll send over what I have.
Dan

jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Yes that is the package I have for the DWAI models but while the L-1011 is in there the BAC is not... Anyway PM sent... Thanks!

Also I did find this interesting thread:

https://retroai.proboards.com/thread/45 ... dv4-ms2020

While my MCX skills are primitive at best (I have converted some static scenery files and that is about it) I did start experimenting with just the very basic check and convert shown in this video... Not sure how much luck if any I will have as I understand the conversion team here does a lot more work and has to mess with variables, settings and all sorts of stuff to get their products out...