The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Leuchars FSX

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

RAF Leuchars FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Try as I can I can't find any any commercial or freeware FSX scenery for RAF Leuchars. I've got the FS9 version but it doesnt work in FSX.

Can anyone point me in the direction to find it please.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: RAF Leuchars FSX

Post by Jim »

Until Dale Ashcroft's P3D conversion of UKmil's (rafleu.zip) FS2004 scenery came out John, I used Orbx EU Scotland with extra parking edited in.
If you don't have that, I'm wondering whether you could re-compile the P3D scenery for FSX? With the FS2004 models perhaps (as the P3D version needs the FS2004 textures anyway)?

Jim
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

I had the FS9 version working in FSX, though I don't these days as my FSX is a very basic installation. I'm pretty sure Stevo made an FSX update for his UKMil scenery, which I might have somewhere.

Edit: the version I have is indeed the FSX update by Stevo, and it works just fine in FSX. It could be improved by using the photoreal background from Dale's P3D update, but it's 166mb and might be a bit unwieldy for FSX.
Attachments
20220924193203_1.jpg
20220924193152_1.jpg
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

TimC340 wrote: 24 Sep 2022, 17:44 I had the FS9 version working in FSX, though I don't these days as my FSX is a very basic installation. I'm pretty sure Stevo made an FSX update for his UKMil scenery, which I might have somewhere.

Edit: the version I have is indeed the FSX update by Stevo, and it works just fine in FSX. It could be improved by using the photoreal background from Dale's P3D update, but it's 166mb and might be a bit unwieldy for FSX.
Hi Tim

Have you a link to Steve's version please.

Cheers
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Hi John. I'm afraid it doesn't seem to exist any more on the Interwebs. I'm sure it was available here for a while - or at least a version of it was. There were two versions made available, one for Tornado F3 and one for the Typhoon era, and they were distributed at UKMil.org (now defunct), Avsim and Flightsim. I'm not sure that Stevo (Stephen Legg) is active in the field any more, and his EULA is specific about unauthorised distribution.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Stevo produced Leuchars in 2008, in conjunction with the "Gaffer" at UKMIL, who worked there at the time. It pre-dates ACG, for which I have uploaded sceneries and although I have a copy of Leuchars, I have no authority to distribute it. As Tim says, Stevo is no longer on the fs scene.

John
paul day
Captain
Captain

Post by paul day »

John
Drop me a PM with an email address, I might have something for you.

Regards Paul Day.