The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Wheelus AB_1960's

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
ejwells409
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Wheelus AB_1960's

Post by ejwells409 »

A WIP but I hope to have it complete later this week. I just need some Ramp Lights that will work for both FSX and P3D. I was stationed here from '66 to '68 and once I got hooked on doing scenery it was always on my mind to do the base. It's coming along pretty well and just need to finish up the ramp lights and do some knit pickin' here and there to clean a few things up.

ImageWheelus_AB_3 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

ImageWheelus_AB_4 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

ImageWheelus_AB_5 by Ed Wells, on Flickr
ejwells409
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Wheelus AB_1960's

Post by ejwells409 »

Doesn't seem to be much interest but none the less I have the package ready to go and as soon as my beta testers give a look-see to be sure everything is easy to understand and doable I'll see if the Staff here is interested. If not it will still be available over at SOH.
SeanG
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by SeanG »

Wow... I'd never ever heard of the place.... a quick google and it's pretty interesting!

I'm keen on having a look at it, and there are ramp light options in the MAIW libraries... Nice orange glow ones look great.

SeanG
ejwells409
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ejwells409 »

This is probably posted to the wrong forum. . .my mistake. It should be in the Scenery Design forum. Can it be moved at this point?
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

I think it could be in any of a number of forums, Ed. This is a fairly niche subject, and I'd guess there aren't that many users who'll be looking for 1960s scenery in Libya! Looks a nice job, though. Have you trailed in in SOH? That might garner a few more customers.
ejwells409
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ejwells409 »

TimC340 wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 13:08 I think it could be in any of a number of forums, Ed. This is a fairly niche subject, and I'd guess there aren't that many users who'll be looking for 1960s scenery in Libya! Looks a nice job, though. Have you trailed in in SOH? That might garner a few more customers.
lol, True enough Tim. Wheelus was the USAFE Weapons Center and largest Base outside of the U.S. during that time and Units from all over came to Wheelus for training. . .BUT. . .aside from that. . .no ones ever heard of it, lol. SOH is my home and where I do all of my scenery projects (about 200 thus far) so it is anticipated there. I just thought since I was using MAIW AI traffic I'd post it here as well. Thanks!
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Fancy doing RAF El Adem to go with it? I knew of both, but never managed to get to either before they closed.
ejwells409
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ejwells409 »

TimC340 wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 19:10 Fancy doing RAF El Adem to go with it? I knew of both, but never managed to get to either before they closed.
I'll look it over and see, thanks.
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

Well I have to say, this is a pretty cool scenery... its a scenery which makes you want to explore it :)

Thanks

Sean