The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

UV maps

Post all your development discussions here that don't fit into any of the above categories.
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

UV maps

Post by miljan »

I used to make uv maps to bmp file with ACM but since some models structure donesn't display correctly is it possible to do the same with any other program like ModelConverter or AI Aircraft Editor?
VIVA LA VIDA
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: UV maps

Post by John Young »

I don't quite understand the question Miljan. UVW maps are created in the first place in the modelling program - Gmax or FSDS for example. Are you trying to edit the mapping because you don't have the source file for the model?

John
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

Kind of. I want to upgrade paintkit but I don't have parts map in paintkit.
VIVA LA VIDA
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Aha, I understand better now. You can't change the way the model is mapped. If it's a case of not knowing which areas of the texture are mapped to each part, then create a new temporary layer at the top of the stack. in that new layer, paint each part in a different bright colour. Convert the texture and look at it on the model. You should now be able to see to which parts the texture is mapped to - the parts map you are looking for.

John
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

I think picture explains it better. When I get parts mapping position I can accurately place 3 view and do panel lines and rivetes.
MPAI Mi-21 doesn't show correctly in ACM so I can't get pic on the right when pressing UV map on pic on the left.
Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg
VIVA LA VIDA
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I don't know ACM Miljan so I can't help there. What you could do though is copy the fuselage and wings etc from a good 3-view into your paint program as a separate layer and then use that for the position of the panel lines as a source to trace in another layer. That's what I do.

John