The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Selfridge ANG Base - MSFS

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

Re: Selfridge ANG Base - MSFS

Post by Woogey »

To further reinforce Tim’s statement above, ASOBO has implemented a system of dumbed down full aircraft as Ai which they are pushing development studios to use. Honestly, it’s not a bad idea. The problem is, even dropping down to the next LOD and stripping out all the systems, you still have a model that will bog down the sim when you get 100x instances of it. I know I am preaching to the choir here but purpose built Ai has a very important place in our sim……. It is all VERY frustrating.

-Preston
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

My gut feeling is that they knew it would take years to cover everything to everyone's satisfaction, lets face it the target subject coverage is vastly bigger than any other sim. I believe that this is why the business model is buy once and update constantly, rather than a new one every two years.
Very few would have bought the second version.
Steve
airforce4321
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by airforce4321 »

I would love to try this out! I've gone through Selfridge a few times in my 130 days!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks for the offer, but there is little point in further testing at this time. MSFS SU11 has broken the AI and the Selfridge traffic files are no longer functioning properly. We will need to re-test only when and if, Asobo fix the problem.

Your Version label says FSX and if you still use that version, there is a package for Selfridge in the Download Hangar that you can use for now if you haven't got it already. Just search "Selfridge" and you will find it.

John
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

Post by Woogey »

Good day John, it’s been a few months since this thread kind of fell off. We’ve had another Sim update, where there was a big focus on Ai. I am wondering if it helped anything or made things worse on your side? Could you maybe speak to the current state of affairs in regards to military AI from the Young studio house?

I hope you are Well.

-Preston
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I did post at length on this subject Preston, in the MSFS thread on the 25 March:

https://militaryaiworks.com/forums/topi ... &start=360

For all the 10 reasons given, I am just not going to gamble any more time on MSFS.

John