The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

JYAI V-22 Osprey models for FSX/P3D

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
Jorgen
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

JYAI V-22 Osprey models for FSX/P3D

Post by Jorgen »

I think I have looked pretty much everywhere here, but I can only find 3 models of this one:

marines_engines_up
USAF_engines_up
Presidential_engines_up

Have the other configurations been converted for FSX/P3D?

Jorgen
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Re: JYAI V-22 Osprey models for FSX/P3D

Post by jetpilot1980 »

looking through my own collection those and japan_engines_up are the only ones I see...
Jorgen
Captain
Captain

Post by Jorgen »

Hmmm wonder where I had the "engines_down" models from...

Jorgen
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

The other FS9 models were not converted due to technical problems. I think it was something to do with the trigger used in FS9 to tilt the rotors is not available in P3D. I'm sure John will enlighten us when he sees this thread.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

From the manual:

"The problem with FSX and P3Dv4 is that it not as flexible as FS9 when it comes to programming custom xml code used to trigger animations.

In FS9, in addition to the engine tilt, further animation creates a choice of 4 parked (cold) states that the user can assign to the models in the aircraft.cfg file.

This was by far the most difficult part of the animation to achieve because the engine choices when parked work in isolation of the tilt when on the move. Not only that, the props when down, must always stop in the same position with one blade vertically up and not downwards into the ground. Conventional FS9 props will not allow that and special code was used to achieve it. Although these FS9 models work in FSX, they are quite frame rate heavy because they are not in FSX native code. They don’t work at all in P3Dv4.

Unfortunately, when converting to FSX native code, I could get none of the parked animation triggers to work in FSX and P3Dv4. However, since the “Engines Up” model doesn’t need it, that variation can still be used in FSX and P3Dv4, if everything else is converted to FSX native code. That has now been done, but it is the only model available for those sim versions. Users may wish to keep the 4 parked animation states in FSX by continuing to use the FS9 models. Note however, that at Camp Pendleton, I was able to gain 9fps by using the FSX native single model".

John
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

:smt023 Tks John
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!