The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Eurofighter Typhoon

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Eurofighter Typhoon

Post by zsoltfireman »

TimC340 wrote: 10 Sep 2022, 12:31 Is that in both P3Dv4 and P3Dv5?
Yes
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

zsoltfireman wrote: 10 Sep 2022, 12:11
zsoltfireman wrote: 10 Sep 2022, 08:15 I use P3Dv4 and v5, and I use the German Typhoon package
but I don't see the Luftwaffe Typhoons

Can anyone help?
One traffic file was confusing (Traffic_MIL_Germany_JYAI_Typhoons_WTD61_Manching_FSX)

However, the objects of the Rostock-Laage (ETNL) base do not appear
https://kepkuldes.com/images/276588e0ef ... 5688df.jpg

The traffic file you mention was from Ray Parker and was a textures and traffic addon for John's Typhoon Germany package. To see the aircraft, you have to add the textures to the JYAI_Eurofighter_Typhoon_Germany folder and extend the aircraft.cfg file with the entries that Ray includes in the package. You then add the traffic bgl to the scenery\world\scenery folder.

The GvB ETNL scenery requires several MAIW scenery libraries (which are not included in the package): Czech Object Library, Polish Object Library, LOXZ Object Library, EGXC bldgs library, and a load from the Global Objects Library. All of these need to be in P3Dv4.4 format to guarantee displaying, though at least in P3Dv4.5 you might get away with FSX format objects.
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

TimC340 wrote: 10 Sep 2022, 18:44
zsoltfireman wrote: 10 Sep 2022, 12:11
zsoltfireman wrote: 10 Sep 2022, 08:15 I use P3Dv4 and v5, and I use the German Typhoon package
but I don't see the Luftwaffe Typhoons

Can anyone help?
One traffic file was confusing (Traffic_MIL_Germany_JYAI_Typhoons_WTD61_Manching_FSX)

However, the objects of the Rostock-Laage (ETNL) base do not appear
https://kepkuldes.com/images/276588e0ef ... 5688df.jpg

The traffic file you mention was from Ray Parker and was a textures and traffic addon for John's Typhoon Germany package. To see the aircraft, you have to add the textures to the JYAI_Eurofighter_Typhoon_Germany folder and extend the aircraft.cfg file with the entries that Ray includes in the package. You then add the traffic bgl to the scenery\world\scenery folder.

The GvB ETNL scenery requires several MAIW scenery libraries (which are not included in the package): Czech Object Library, Polish Object Library, LOXZ Object Library, EGXC bldgs library, and a load from the Global Objects Library. All of these need to be in P3Dv4.4 format to guarantee displaying, though at least in P3Dv4.5 you might get away with FSX format objects.
Do I always have to copy the missing scenery and texture files to the scenery folder?
Or to the Object Library FSX folder?
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

There are several MAIW airfields that use these libraries, so they need to be fully available to the sim. You can either put them in wherever you keep your addon scenery as individual libraries, or you can combine them in a single directory - as was done for Matrix. I’d keep the originals in a back-up directory in case you ever need access to them individually - if you have a computer melt-down (as I did twice last year) and you have to rebuild your sim(s), having them backed up on the Cloud or an external drive is very helpful!
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

"The GvB ETNL scenery requires several MAIW scenery libraries (which are not included in the package): Czech Object Library, Polish Object Library, LOXZ Object Library, EGXC bldgs library, and a load from the Global Objects Library. All of these need to be in P3Dv4.4 format to guarantee displaying, though at least in P3Dv4.5 you might get away with FSX format objects."

Anyway, I copied all the listed library files to the global scenery library folder
I still can't see the buildings
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Isn't that already answered by yourself?

A scenery file calls objects in a library. The library and its objects have to be compatible with the sim you are using or they will not appear. So if there is no P3D compatible version of the lib then you will need to convert it yourself.

If you are using Matrix files and there is no conversion then it has to be done by yourself. If there is one and they still don't show up then the lib is incompatible with the version you are using and needs to be converted.

All this assumes that you have installed everything correctly.
Steve
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

What is a MATRIX file?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The Matrix was the dynamic packaging system that was created by Greg for P3D users.

This system has since been discontinued for various reasons. It is no longer downloadable. It might be that the libs and textures were included in that. Various FS9 libs were converted for that project.
Steve
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

I sad
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

zsoltfireman wrote: 11 Sep 2022, 09:50 "The GvB ETNL scenery requires several MAIW scenery libraries (which are not included in the package): Czech Object Library, Polish Object Library, LOXZ Object Library, EGXC bldgs library, and a load from the Global Objects Library. All of these need to be in P3Dv4.4 format to guarantee displaying, though at least in P3Dv4.5 you might get away with FSX format objects."

Anyway, I copied all the listed library files to the global scenery library folder
Did you copy the associated textures to the Global Scenery Library textures folder? Even if some models don't show without conversion, I would have expected some of them to appear.

How do you make your sceneries visible to P3D?
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

TimC340 wrote: 11 Sep 2022, 13:55
zsoltfireman wrote: 11 Sep 2022, 09:50 "The GvB ETNL scenery requires several MAIW scenery libraries (which are not included in the package): Czech Object Library, Polish Object Library, LOXZ Object Library, EGXC bldgs library, and a load from the Global Objects Library. All of these need to be in P3Dv4.4 format to guarantee displaying, though at least in P3Dv4.5 you might get away with FSX format objects."

Did you copy the associated textures to the Global Scenery Library textures folder? Even if some models don't show without conversion, I would have expected some of them to appear.

How do you make your sceneries visible to P3D?
Here is my Global Scenery Library folder
https://easyupload.io/a0wyg1
Please look at it, it's good
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

OK.

This directory includes many textures duplicated as both BMP and DDS textures. Pick one or the other. For P3Dv4 and 5, DDS is preferred but not essential (but BMPs must be 32-bit, I believe). I don't think having duplicates causes too many problems, but it's inefficient and untidy.

However, your big problem is that many of the bgl libraries (including LOXZ) are in FS9 format. These are pretty much guaranteed to fail in P3D4 and definitely guaranteed to fail in v5!

I've attached the MAIW_LOXZ_scenery_object_library in P3Dv4 format as supplied in Matrix. Add it to your scenery library (you can remove the file you already have, as you don't need anything in FS9 format) and let's see if your LOXZ objects become visible.
Attachments
MAIW_LOXZ_scenery_object_library_P3D.BGL
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 52 times
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Ok, I’m glad we’ve got that sorted. No, don’t delete all your bmp textures. Only delete those which have a DDS duplicate.

You probably still have a number of scenery libraries which are in FS9 format; I’ve only given you the replacement for one of them. You need to learn how to use MCX to convert the others (it really isn’t difficult!).

I can’t comment on the availability of Matrix.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

I hope someone will paint the 24 Qatar Typhoon and the 28 Kuwait Typhoon.
Rusty1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rusty1 »

Qatari Typhoons are done and sent to the hangar for approval...the Kuwaiti Typhoons are a little more elusive and all the images I have seen show them wearing test registrations, and not all the serial numbers are confirmed yet, but as soon as they are I will have a bash at them...
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

According to Scramble only 7 have actually been built yet. Six T birds 901-906 and one S bird 907.

They are all being built in Italy.
Steve
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Rusty1 wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 15:58 Qatari Typhoons are done and sent to the hangar for approval...the Kuwaiti Typhoons are a little more elusive and all the images I have seen show them wearing test registrations, and not all the serial numbers are confirmed yet, but as soon as they are I will have a bash at them...
Thanks a lot for these repaints.

Regards.
asdro
Major
Major

Post by asdro »

Oh wow, thank you Rusty for the Qatar Emiri AF.

Do we have to use the Flightplans of the Mirage 2000 package or os there a new FP?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

There is a traffic file in the package. Whether or not they use the new Tamim AB or not i don't know as I haven't looked.
Nor do I know whether there is scenery for the base or not.
Steve