The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

KLSV Nellis AFB - P3Dv4

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: KLSV Nellis AFB - P3Dv4

Post by Firebird »

TimC340 wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 12:50 Unless this behaviour is unique to the FS9 version of ADE, it's not the case in my experience. I frequently update airfields without loading the scenery libraries into LOM, and I've never lost one yet. The objects are black and may well have no footprint info, but the information held by ADE is simply positioning and orientation of a GUID. As long as that is retained (and it should be), there is no need for ADE to have any knowledge of what those GUIDs represent.
This behaviour is not peculiar to FS9 as it also applied to FSX as well. Now whether it is applicable to P3D or not I can't say. What we have seen over the years is a number of posts about this issue. The normal cause is somebody modding parking spot assignments for an MAIW scenery and losing the addon libs.
I feel sure that there is something about this in the manual somewhere.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

Colour me surprised, Steve! I have never, ever experienced this, nor heard of it before. I have modified hundreds of FSX airfields in ADE, including most of the MAIW output, and that usually includes changing parking sizes and assignments. I’ve only imported the related scenery libraries to the LOM if I’ve intended to make significant changes to the AFCAD - usually when the original is based on an inaccurate stock layout - and thus needed to move buildings.

I have the manual printed out; I’ll have a look for this. I’m astounded that this is a known issue and I’ve never experienced it!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It is something that we have known and mentioned quite a few times over the years but if on reading the manual you find a switch which enables them to compile and keep the unknown objects please let me know. I am sure that it could be the case that a capability was added in the years of development.
The fact that I have not heard of it does not mean that it doesn't exist.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

I've had a look through the manual and haven't found anything yet - but my print-out is 1.55 and is 227 pages, so it's both out of date and pretty big! But I'll keep searching It may be just luck that I've managed to avoid the problem, but it may be that - by accident - I've landed on a technique that avoids it.
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

The recent versions of ADE allows doing that.
When you import an airport it comes up with a message that it has found "one or more black box library objects...If you want to compile them click Yes, otherwise click No"

Also under compile options /More Options there is the option to click "Compile Unknown Library Objects"
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That would make sense on why Tim hasn't come up against that.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Ah, that starts to make a bit of sense. I started using ADE in earnest around about the time that 1.5 was out, and have always used the latest development version. The 'one or more black black box library objects...' message will normally come up on every compile unless the airport being worked on is entirely my creation, simply because I don't have every possible scenery library loaded in LOM (doing so quickly makes LOM unmanageable when searching for individual objects). I'm used to it and basically ignore it; it's never affected my workflow in any way whatsoever.

All that said, Chris was using ADE 1.79 when he discovered the issue, so it may well be something else.
CLFN7478
Cadet
Cadet

Post by CLFN7478 »

f4nutter wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 23:05
zsoltfireman wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 15:31 I need file
Please shared again
PM sent
I'd also like to have the P3D ver of KLSV since I've already converted the necessary libraries for it. And had a bit of a problem some of them being black textures like the control tower and a few buildings and sorts.
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

PM sent to you with all the matrix Nellis files you need, if this fixes your problem please let us know here, as it will help others who may be having the same issue.