The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AGC Waddington

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

AGC Waddington

Post by VulcanDriver »

I've installed the Waddington FSX scenery that came with the JY Vulcan package. I see the Vulcans and the runway and taxiways, but I don't seen any scenery objects. This is the only scenery it happens to.

Any ideas chaps?

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: AGC Waddington

Post by John Young »

These are the files, John, that should be in the Waddington scenery folder:

This is the displayed scenery:

Do you have the same installation? I made it 15 years ago, so I've forgotten how it works and I can't find the zip to read the manual.

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi John have those. I have noticed that a backround poly is stopping the Photoreal scenery from showing. Is there one in package that I can remove? Or have I got a LC file that is causing the problem?

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The photo-ground polygon is the Waddington_Vulcan_SK96.bgl file, John.

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks John.
John

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi John

Made some headway, however these objects are showinig without textures. MCX report that the textures should be bmp, but they are dds

SMS_annex
23 Sqn
Tree7
Foam_Tender
LOX
SMS

TIA
John

TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

Is this the old UKMil scenery? I have all of it if you need anything.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

It's the scenery I produced when at ACG, working with UKmil, 15 years ago. It's for FSX, so the textures in my folder are all .dds, as they should be. They display fine as in my screen shot above. The items you flagged are part of the modern day version I think.

Would it help if I zipped up the version I used for the screen shot and sent it to you John?

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

John Young wrote: 19 Apr 2023, 16:06 It's the scenery I produced when at ACG, working with UKmil, 15 years ago. It's for FSX, so the textures in my folder are all .dds, as they should be. They display fine as in my screen shot above. The items you flagged are part of the modern day version I think.

Would it help if I zipped up the version I used for the screen shot and sent it to you John?

John

Yes please John

Thanks
John

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've put a zip in your FTP folder John.

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks John

MCX shows I'm missing the following textures.

Lox.bmp
Lox_LM.bmp
Wadops.bmp
Wadops_LM.bmp
Blast_LM.bmp
Portcab.bmp
Portcab_LM.bmp
23sqn.bmp
23sqn_lm.bmp
bikeshed.bmp
bikeshed_lm.bmp
pennants.bmp
pennants_lm.bmp

TIA
John

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

With what result in FSX John?

Those textures are from the modern day FS9 version and are not used in the FSX Vulcan era package. I've checked my scenery 3 times now, using the same files I sent you and all is rendering fine, with no black objects.

The package has been around for 15 years now and no one has reported a problem as far as I can remember. In any case, the scenery was built with ScenGenX, that I no longer have, and there is nothing I can do now to regenerate anything.

I really don't know what to suggest, other than ensuring that you have no other version of Waddington live in FSX.

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi John

Stil not showing so I will do my own scenery using ADEX with your library to see if that works.
John

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I didn't use a library John, just 58 models individually placed with SceneGenX. How will you get the placement coordinates if you can't see the objects?

The scenery must work John, because you have the same files as me and I can see it. I presume everyone else that's downloaded it over the past 15 years can too. There's probably a conflict somewhere in your FSX set up, even a waypoint. Have you tried disabling all your scenery in the library, except the Waddington Vulcans, to see if it shows?

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi John

Disabled all the RAF addons, afcads, and addon scenery folder. Your scenery now shows up. Off to find the offending file. Great scenery BTW.

Sorry about the confusion.
John