The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Royal S-76 FSX

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Royal S-76 FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Could some one do a repaint for the FSX S-76 Civvy version in Royal Familly colours please. It's based at RAF Odiham and is often seen over the UK at least once a week.

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Royal S-76 FSX

Post by TheFoufure »

There is a repaint of G-XXEA available for AI S-76 from UTT.

https://unitedtrafficteam.com/index.php ... m/utt-s-76

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thank you I'll go and get it.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

VulcanDriver wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 15:48 Thank you I'll go and get it.

If you have FP for it, could you send them ? Thanks a lot.

Regards
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Not yet but as the flights are classified I can only guess as to where they go to. Mostly where the Royal Residences are based or airports close to Royal visists.
John

paul day
Captain
Captain

Post by paul day »

One place it used to visit was Fleetlands EGVF. I saw it at least twice in the thirty months I worked there on Seakings until 2016. Fleetlands was a major servicing station for Chinooks, Seakings an Lynx until 2020. I have an FSX scenery for the heliport done by Matthew Kingscott.

Regards Paul Day.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

That makes sense as its based at Odiham. Is Fleetlands still active?
John

paul day
Captain
Captain

Post by paul day »

When I left it was because the Sea Kings were being phased out as well as the Lynx. I think the Chinook work moved to Boscombe Down, where I got a job doing Major servicing on Hawk T1's until 2017. When I left Fleetlands all they did was servicing aircraft engines but things might have changed. Ironically my father did a marine engineering course at Fleetlands and went straight to Cunard as an engineering officer on the Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary.
mage
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mage »

VulcanDriver wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 08:20 Not yet but as the flights are classified I can only guess as to where they go to. Mostly where the Royal Residences are based or airports close to Royal visists.
Royal flights operate in what's called "Purple Airspace" to protect those operations. This category doesn't apply to the helicopter ops though. There is some advance notice available in NOTAMs if you know the background, but NOTAMs don't flag up Royal flights as being the reasons for airspace restrictions. If the airspace restriction is between Northolt and Tetbury (Highgrove) you might be able to hazard a guess!

Flightaware tracked G-XXEB just yesterday from the London area (Kensington House) to Felixstowe and then positioning to Wattisham.
Deleteme.png
Since the royals do a lot of ribbon-cutting and gladhanding at various openings of premises and installations, the helicopters can be anywhere, Luton, Halfpenny Green, wherever there's a ribbon that needs cutting.

The above flight probably carried Princess Anne, as a bit of digging in the local press reveals...

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/2341 ... folk-week/

I made some 52-week plans for these aircraft because of this "could be anywhere" factor.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

mage wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 08:03

Since the royals do a lot of ribbon-cutting and gladhanding at various openings of premises and installations, the helicopters can be anywhere, Luton, Halfpenny Green, wherever there's a ribbon that needs cutting.

The above flight probably carried Princess Anne, as a bit of digging in the local press reveals...

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/2341 ... folk-week/

I made some 52-week plans for these aircraft because of this "could be anywhere" factor.
Could you post these FPs please,
John

mage
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mage »

I think they may be in the various sets I posted onto Flightsim.com a few months ago. If you want to see them soonest that might be the place to try. I will single them out and post them here over the weekend. Perhaps along with a set for Air Force 1 - thinking about it, there's nothing quite as daft as AF1 at the same places every week - unless that place is at base!
mage
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mage »

Okay. I realised that my Royal helicopters were embedded in a huge helicopter project I have for my setup in the UK (800+ helicopters and lots of supporting material I won't bore people about). It would not be practical to extricate them from that mass of data.

It was simpler just to brew some newer plans that focus on the KRHF as it now is, with two S-76s flying out of Odiham, G-XXEB and G-XXED (which is in a more anonymous livery). Since my* flightplanner has undergone a few significant changes over the past year, the results are somewhat better when you consider that destinations are still chosen at random (and then vetted for factors like range, runways, other aspects such as off-limits HEMS bases etc).

So, attached are some revised plans for the two S-76s. They are 52-week plans, so don't expect them to dash around all the popular locations on a regular schedule, 'cos you'll just be disappointed. Note that I'm an FS9-er and the plans reflect this with some old airport codes and maybe a few airports that are now closed or now open.

Hope these will be of interest and use.

*"My" flightplanner is a heavily mutated 7MB version of Rysiek Winawer's RPP original modified with his blessing. It carries on mutating.
Attachments
TKHF_TheKingsHelicopterFlight.zip
(89.08 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks for the FPs
John

phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

The repaint in that package is labeled as G-XXEB, both the texture and config, however the paint is correctly marked as G-XXEA.
Bazinga!
Jorgen
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by Jorgen »

The UTT S-76 seems to be missing from their download page?

Jorgen
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Jorgen wrote: 14 May 2023, 07:11 The UTT S-76 seems to be missing from their download page?

Jorgen
The S-76 is a Payware model (8.99 $). Not a download. You must buy it. ( https://www.unitedtrafficteam.com/index ... li-release ) or ( http://unitedtrafficteam.com/index.php/ ... m/utt-s-76 )

You can also find it on simmarkert : https://secure.simmarket.com/utt-ai-tra ... 188).phtml