The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Ellsworth AFB package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Ellsworth AFB package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this thread to ask questions and provide constructive feedback about this package here

direct link: (link is now to version 2 of this package)
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=109350
Last edited by reconmercs on 09 Sep 2007, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Not sure if it makes any difference to those who might instal this package automatically but the sequence of aircraft numbers in the aircraft cfg file runs [fltsim.13] [fltsim.17] [fltsim.14]
Regards,

Alan
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Good catch Alan, must have creeped in there during the final changes as my beta version has the numbers in sequence. Easy to do when dealing with so many entries in one file.

Let's see what Des recommends for a fix. Could just be a simple cut and paste or resequence of the entries.

Des.......... :lol:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

doh :oops: sorry guys. I must of missed it with the last minute removal of the Edwards jets. give me about 10 minutes and I'll have a replacement up
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

ok guys, heres a replacement config for you, just replace the old one in the MAIW_NBAI_B-1B Lancer Ellsworth AFB folder with this new one. I'll do a full re-release hopefully in the next 48hrs
Attachments
replacement config.zip
(5.48 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Doesn't everyone just combine all of their aircraft folders anyway? Or am I the only one? :)
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
vernon39426
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Two runways at Ellsworth

Post by vernon39426 »

I installed the Ellsworth package and had to remove a AFCAD that was used with some scenery I had. After removiing the AFCAD I went to the AFB and notice that the base had two runways a L and R. The MAIW AFCAD has only one runway. I have removed all scenery and still have conflicting runways. Don't know what else to do. Need help. I am not a computer Gura so keep it as simple as possible. I have all the MAIW packages and have no previous problems. Thanks in advance for your help. I am attaching screen shots of the runway and MAIW AFCAD.

Vernon
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Vernon, the only thing I can think of to tell you to try is to look one more time for a duplicate afcad for Ellsworth AFB. The only reason another runway would show up would be because it was from a different afcad. Remember some authors put their afcad files directly into their scenery xxx folder inside the main addon scenery folder. Usually afcads go in the addon scenery/scenery folder. So sometimes even though you think you've looked through all your folders for duplicates, you still miss some.

Here's a great little utility that scan all your folders for duplicate afcads:
ScanAFD

Try this utility out and see if it catches any duplicates.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

BadPvtDan wrote:Doesn't everyone just combine all of their aircraft folders anyway? Or am I the only one? :)
I do, unless there is alot of planes like all of the F-16's from the Shaw AFB package.
Ray_Merkel

Post by Ray_Merkel »

I have found another small glitch with the Aircraft.cfg file for the Ellsworth package. The parking type in the cfg file says MIL_CARGO. The afcad file shows the parking type to be MIL_COMBAT. You might want to change the parking type in the cfg file to match the AFCAD! :D

Keep up the great work and keep the packages rolling out! :D

Ray Merkel
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

BadPvtDan wrote:Doesn't everyone just combine all of their aircraft folders anyway? Or am I the only one? :)
Nope you are not the only one, Dan.
Steve
vernon39426
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Ellsworth AFB

Post by vernon39426 »

Mike, thanks for your reply. You reinforced the thought that somewhere I had a duplicate AFCAD and in fact I did. The darn thing was titled KWOR but apparantly had the coordinates of Ellsworth and was for Rapid City. I am now fully operational and tickle pink. I wish to express my gratitude to all of you on the team that make these wonderful packages for us flight simmers.
I just think that it is a strong compliment to mankind that people like yourselves share your talents and knowledge. Again thank you and I look forward to many more packages to thank you for.
StealthHellion
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by StealthHellion »

I never used to, until I came across Renum....now I am obsessed with just having one folder per type of A/C. Saves alot of space from all the duplicate model folders and air files.
flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

I am keeping combined folders also. Makes managing of large number of AI aircraft easier. Have "Renum" in each so as I update or add, just run "Renum" to renumber them.
Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

I read somewhere that there was a limit (200 was mentioned I think) to how many aircraft you could have in one .cfg file. Does anyone know whether this is correct? I have been keeping my .cfg files below 200 just in case!
Where did I put my beer??!
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

I believe I have over 200 in my F16c folder. I guess I'd better check that out.

BTW, I've heard of Renum somewhere, where do I download this?

KJ
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

alexrfixit wrote:I read somewhere that there was a limit (200 was mentioned I think) to how many aircraft you could have in one .cfg file. Does anyone know whether this is correct?
I believe that this is correct, I found that I started to lose aircraft due to this issue and reduced the .cfg file to 200 entires (0-199) and got them back.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Alex, I had heard this too but before I installed the Shaw package I am sure I had over 180 but afterwards the flightline was still full. Maybe I was lucky I don't know, but from a programming point of view 200 would be such an artificial limit to place on it. A more obvious limit would be 256, but I don't know for sure and that is so far over the 200 that I would have thought that somebody would have noticed a number like that.

My guess is that we would have to do a scientific test to determine the actual limit, maybe once the Miramar package is ready that might be one to test it out on.

Incidentally, what I have done is split up folders where I am obviously going to go over the limit. I have an F-16C(USAF) and an F-16C(others) for example. Likewise for the C-130H I have US and Foreign.

P.S. Kevin I will pm you the proggy.
Steve
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

I think we had that program when I was at PAI. It seems to me this .cfg file limit was once a big topic over there too.

Got your PM Steve....thanks buddy.

KJ
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

OK...now that I'm home I can comment after experimenting...

I have 214 entries in my MAIW_HTAI_F16C_Shaw folder.
But the entries skip from 150 to 202...even after using Renum.

Not sure what has caused this as I know that before using Renum all the entries were correct...

KJ