The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

A different Version of RAF Coningsby-by UKMIL

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

A different Version of RAF Coningsby-by UKMIL

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Outstanding and very detailed work. Includes an AI traffic file. The details are superb-people, ground equipment, parking numbers, etc. Building textures are some of the best I have seen. Well worth the download. Freeware at Avsim and Flightsim.com

GZR_SACTARGETS
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

It comes in both an FS9 and FSX version.

GZR_SACTARGETS
Savage
Captain
Captain

Post by Savage »

Advertising a pack that is in direct conflict with MAIW's work on the MAIW forums, interesting...
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Bit naughty i reckon!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well guys, its out there, so why not look at it. You make your choice which is the best one, or like I know some people will do is mix and match.

The more interesting thing here is that there are now two AI and scenery packages available for free. Something that we would have killed for 18 months ago. The whole reason for MAIW being born was to promote Military AI and escalate the production process of these packages. Seems to me that its working.

Now a very interesting thing would be to compare framerates of the two packages. Also try mixing the two packages up, MAIW scenery and UKMIL AI, and vice versa. Anybody got a free weekend and the inclination?

Just my thoughts.
Steve
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

The more people doing Military AI the better, as far as I am concerned.
Barry
Barry
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

How's their AI behaving, THAT is interesting :wink:
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Savage wrote:Advertising a pack that is in direct conflict with MAIW's work on the MAIW forums, interesting...
Not advertising. I have no interest or investment in UKMIL projects, or the Argentine projects etc. Just keeping up with what is available. I like to try to merge better scenery or traffic with MAIW when I can. Sometimes I carry both in the menu and just activate what I want to fly. I also tout MAIW on the forums at Sim Outhouse and Netwings as well as other good packages I come across. I probably read this forum and the other two as primary. If only stuff from one site were posted, you would have to read many more sites. That eats up a lot of time.
GZR_SACTARGETS
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

RipPipPip wrote:How's their AI behaving, THAT is interesting :wink:
I only saw one Eurofighter make a landing in a couple of sessions. There is mention of another AI package available but I didn't chase it down. One advantage of breaking down the AI traffic.bgl is you can see the flight plans and know what times to look for traffic. I haven't done that yet.
GZR_SACTARGETS
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

GZR_Sactargets,

You probably post the most topics on this forum, I always read your posts. A big thumbs up from me Buddy.

Campbeme
Mark
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

GZR_Sactargets wrote:
RipPipPip wrote:How's their AI behaving, THAT is interesting :wink:
I only saw one Eurofighter make a landing in a couple of sessions. There is mention of another AI package available but I didn't chase it down. One advantage of breaking down the AI traffic.bgl is you can see the flight plans and know what times to look for traffic. I haven't done that yet.
Now I am not sure if it was a Eurofighter or a Typhoon. Might have been having a senior moment. I also went out to the UKMIL site to gather in the AI package for this airfield. Haven't loaded that yet. So the one I saw may have been from my MAIW version. I will have to sort that out. The author is John Young BTW. He is an excellent scenery designer and has several sets out there.
GZR_SACTARGETS
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

campbeme wrote:GZR_Sactargets,

You probably post the most topics on this forum, I always read your posts. A big thumbs up from me Buddy.

Campbeme
Thanks, I have been accused of running off at the mouth, maybe that applies to forums too. But others have many more posts and for the most part better than me. :twisted:
GZR_SACTARGETS
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

IMHO, you are MAIW's 'unofficial' scenery critic.
I always check out the sceneries that you comment on if I haven't already downloaded them. :-)
KJ
wilycoyote4
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wilycoyote4 »

btaylo24 wrote:The more people doing Military AI the better, as far as I am concerned.
Barry
Precisely, spot on, and I'd like to add this point. There are 2 packages. One for FS9 and one for FSX.

I'll try the FSX ---- and why not? The read me is long but maybe even I can figure it out.

Thanks for the post GZR_Sactargets, that's the spirit that gets things done. Time for me to try to catch up to you if that's possible, lol.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

GZR_Sactargets wrote:Now I am not sure if it was a Eurofighter or a Typhoon. Might have been having a senior moment.
No senior moment mate. Eurofighter and Typhoon are one and the same, the first name being given to it during development and the second when it went into production for the RAF. Typhoon is the UK name for the aircraft not sure if Germany or Spain have adopted it, or are using their own name or sticking with Eurofighter.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Big Winds and some Heritage AI

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

The UKMIL pack specifically for EGXC is at their site. Here is the info from the read me. ** There is a Dakota and I did not see a Harrier.
It does add a lot of stuff, particularly populates the HAS areas. The WWII birds act as kind of a 'heritage flight' they launch about the same time and stay local, return and land.

this pack will install the following aircraft for use with the UKMIL RAF Coningsby Scenery pack

Typhoon, Tornado, Harrier, Spitfire, Hurricane, Lancaster

it is for use only on the UKMIL Scenery pack, available at UKMIL, filename EGXC_9_1.zip
GZR_SACTARGETS
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

A few screenshots of the AI

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

GZR_SACTARGETS
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

The Heritage stuff

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

GZR_SACTARGETS
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Dusk and a couple of other AI

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

GZR_SACTARGETS
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: Big Winds and some Heritage AI

Post by VulcanDriver »

GZR_Sactargets wrote: It does add a lot of stuff, particularly populates the HAS areas. The WWII birds act as kind of a 'heritage flight' they launch about the same time and stay local, return and land.
That's the RAF Battle of Britain Flight. They appear at airshows in the UK and also flypasts to celebrate major events regarding WW2. The pilots are serving fighter jocks.

Cheers

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy