The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Lakenheath 48th FW package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Post by Stewart Pearson »

nickblack423 wrote:Make sure you have the microsoft.net framework installed and try again mate.

Nick
Most Important.

Make sure that you have net framework ver 1.1 installed. Please also note that you can have more than one version installed and the run quite happily together (you need version 2 for the WoA installer)

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Sidcroc
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Sidcroc »

nickblack423 wrote:Sidroc,
I had a similar problem with EditVoicepack when I first tried to install it. I tried numerous times, including installing, uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft.net framework. It eventually worked but Ive no-clue why.

Make sure you have the microsoft.net framework installed and try again mate.

Nick
Nick
Thanks for the headsup, i have already removed it and reinstalled it to no avail but i will keep trying. It says that it is not being pointed to a valid installation of FS9. I think its because I have recently formatted my smaller drive with my OS on .My other drive which has all the games and flight sims on is as it was.
Sidcroc :lol:
If it aint broke dont fix it!
Acableuk
Cadet
Cadet

Times

Post by Acableuk »

hello

i love this package as i go there and have a look around every moment i get. i am allowed in the base. but i have a question does anyone know the times that the F-15's go up and come back to base

Acableuk
flyPWM
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by flyPWM »

Can anyone send me just the NBAI_Weapons.bmp and refl_texture.bmp. Mine vanished and I'd rather not install the package again. Thanks
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

You could d/l the package and do a manual install. Thus keeping the files in a folder of your choosing. Then you wouldn't be re-installing over top of your first install. Then just pick out the files you need.
Just a thought.
KJ
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

Acableuk

There are flights at all sorts of times...

Some of the deployments are
Monday at 1213, group of to LPMR and onwards
Sunday at 0456, group of to Red Flag. Note at Nellis they use weapons ranges to simulate daily red flag mission (AFCADS by Graham S, cheers Graham)

Also daily trips to weapons ranges and usual places around UK.
All FP were written via information off web (the normal military aviation sites,USAF and USAFE site and airliners.net)

Barry
Barry
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: Lakenheath Scenery/Ai package.

Post by VulcanDriver »

phil6765 wrote:For some of us who have UK2000 Scenery installed, you also have to remove the Afcads and all other files related to EGUN ( MILDENHALL )as well as the files for EGUL for this scenery to work, ie buildings and AI were visible but Runways/Taxiways were missing. Are you aware of this?
Was there a fix for the missing runways etc? If so what is it?

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Missing runways at LN or MH?
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Steve

AT LN. All I see is the runways and taxiways in the underlying photo-realistic scenery not the MAIW scenery. The AFCAD is working as the a/c a located outside the HAS. Just can't see any taxiways etc.

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
rocket_26_
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by rocket_26_ »

If you read a few pages back there is a explanation and file to fix this. The problem was with the UK2000 mildenhall not the MAIW LN, the Uk2000 exclude for MH extended over LN, so it is excluding the AFCAD taxiways etc.

Cheers

Ian
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Ah, right I remember this now. :oops:

John
John

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Yep that fixed it.

John
John

rocket_26_
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by rocket_26_ »

:wink:
snuzz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

NO RUNWAYS AT LAKENHEATH

Post by snuzz »

:( Hello all

I am new to this so thanks for your help . :)

I will be installing Lakenheath EGUL. in to my fs 2004 which has British Airports add on .
So i will be following some of your suggested steps so i dont lose my runways again .. :oops:

Many Thanks to all who post .. :wink:

Snuzz
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: RAF Lakenheath 48th FW package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Because the shelter models are looking for their textures in one of two places, either in the local scenery texture folder or the global texture folder. If they are not in either one of those places, you will get the untextured models.

I'm guessing that when you place them with EZ Scenery, they show up as textured models. That has to do with the actual EZ Scenery software and how it displays the models for placement which is going to be different than how they actually show in game.

To fix that, determine which textures from the Lakenheath package that those shelters use and simply copy those textures to the appropriate texture folder of the scenery that you have placed those shelters at.

Does that make sense?
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Canuck
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Canuck »

Just a word to thank you for this excellent scenery. I just got around to installing it after, How many years. :roll:
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hgschnell »

I searched some days why my F-15s did not load at EGUL...

Because I had UK2000 installed later than MAIW Lakenheath, I had to disable some bgls.

But nothing solved the problem, a few other aircraft loaded but not "Traffic_48th..."

Finally it was so easy: I had disabled GA traffic and John Young's F-15 had no "atc_airline=" in the aircraft.cfg!!!

After adding "AIR FORCE" everything was fine!

:D
Guenther