The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Listing Of Military Scenerys

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Bell 209 »

...and, of course, our RAAF AI package at Aussim has YSRI, YWLM, YPEA, YMES, YAMB, and some enhancements to YBTL, YPDN and YSNW.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Here are some more

RAF Cranwell (EGYD) - raf_cranwell_2007.zip
RAF Aldergrove (EGAA) - raf_egaa.zip
Santa Cruz Air Base (SBSC) - sbsc_ab.zip
norap2004_1.zip - This one has 53 airports of Norway and some of those airports are air force bases
Takhli Air Force Base (VTPI) - scenery_vtpi.zip
Wing53 Air Base (VTBP) - vtbp_wing53.zip
El Palomar Buenos Aires (SADP) - sadp.zip
Campos Fontenelle Air Base (SBYS) - sbys-afa.zip
Anapolis Air Base (SBAN) - sban_v2.zip
Canoas Air Base (SBCO) - sbco_ab.zip

(All of these are found at avsim)
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

At avsim.net

CFB Comox v2 Scenery

File Description:
CFB Comox v2 contains the accurate location of the new civilian terminal, corresponding AFCAD2, and numerous other changes. Included is this scenery package is an updated version of EVI04, courtesy of Harvey Jenszen, which is 38 mesh landclass for eastern Vancouver Island.

CFB Comox is home to 442(Search & Rescue) Sqn and 407 (Maritime Patrol) Sqn.

Also included,are an AI CC115 Buffalo and CP-140 Aurora aircraft with flightplans. In addtion, recommendations for Westjet and Pacific Coastal AI traffic. NOTE: This scenery requires the "Gerrish's Trees Library" .. Trees_V3.zip.

Filename: comox042.zip
License: Freeware, limited distribution
Added: 20th December 2004
Downloads: 4106
Author: Vern Opperman
Size: 4854kb

Ron
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

At Avsim.net

RAF Bentwaters-Woodbridge package

File Description:
These two airfields in Suffolk, England, where home of the USAFE through out the cold war untill there closing in the early 1990's, Bentwaters is the most accuatly modelled while Woodbridge is a bit more basic due to there close proximity affecting frame rates although both have Afcads with parking

Filename: bentwaters-woodbridge.zip
License: Freeware
Added: 25th August 2007
Downloads: 381
Author: Ian Elliot
Size: 1987kb

Ron
bitburgeaglekeeper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by bitburgeaglekeeper »

Im jest finishing up a Bitburg scenery for FS9
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

bitburgeaglekeeper wrote:Im jest finishing up a Bitburg scenery for FS9
:D looking forward to this!
Dave
davem
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by davem »

And after many months of on/off/on/off work, RAF Fairford 2007 is now on the download sites - AVSIM, Simviation & UKMIL. :D

Done for and in FS9 so not sure if it's FSX compatible, although saying that I deleted FSX from the PC a few weeks ago as it never got played :shock:

ATB,

Dave.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Is it compatible with the VFR scenery?

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
davem
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by davem »

Hi John,

simple answer I'm afraid is I don't know.

I've only got the default FS9 mesh / scenery and have not tried the VFR stuff.

If the runway on the VFR aligns with the default runway position then that is the runway position I used and the rest of the base is about as exact as I could make it in terms of its size & shape.

HTH,

Dave.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

FS9 Lechfeld

Post by VulcanDriver »

I'm looking for a FS9 version of ETSL Lechfeld which does not need Lago's FSE to work. Anyone know of another FS9 version?

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
wildcat
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wildcat »

Not sure if this one needs fse
http://www.german-virtual-airforce.de/E ... nloads.htm

mick
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

AFAIK it does.
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

New today at Avsim

Naval Air Station Weeksville, South Carolina

File Description:
Although the era of giant Naval dirigibles had ended with the crash of the U.S.S. Macon off the Santa Barbara coast, blimps were still very popular and the exigencies of World War II quickly brought them to the front lines. The blimps' strongest card was it's great endurance and this made it ideal for anti-submarine patrols over the newly exposed American coasts. Naval Air Station Weeksville was one of ten stations strategically placed around the American coasts to train and support blimps for wartime use. Ranging from Norfolk to Cape Hatteras the blimps scoured the seas for Nazi subs and while the encounters were few there is no doubt that their very presence saved many lives. This scenery attempts to recapture Weeksville in it's role during those tense days of the battle for the North Atlantc. Scenery includes custom objects and period specific AI courtesy of Paul Clawson.

Filename: kwks_j.zip
Added: 5th November 2007
Downloads: 249
Author: John Stinstrom
Size: 2475kb

Ron

Edit: Corrected today to read North Carolina. New File name: kwks_j2.zip

Also, it is actually a base package with a number of follow-ons using some elements from this package for each of the following packages.
zeplin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Air Base

Post by zeplin »

Hello, i request an ai scenery for Incirlik Air Base (TuAF 10. Tanker Üssü) which is located in Adana, Turkey. This base, which is effectively used for Iraq and Afghanistan operations, is highly essential for logistics and for providing fuel and cargo support. This base is also used for civil cargo flights. Taking all these into consideration, i request a Google Earth supported scenery for the air base. Thank you.
(if you are willing to create this scenery, i can provide you with sattelite photographs which shows where aircrafts are located.)

Turkey
South "Incirlik AB. LTAG"
West "Cigli AB. ?"
North "Merzifon AB. LTAP"

Iraq
Balad AB.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

This thread should not be used to request sceneries that you want. It simply is a listing of currently available military sceneries. In this case you are in luck since there is a scenery available already for Incirlik.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... DLID=78072
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Recent addition at avsim. I installed and it's very nice. Latest image on GE confirms it is accurate! Has AI Janet and NB F-22 to enliven things.

Ron

Groom Lake / Area 51 Scenery - KXTA

File Description:
This package will add the missing Area 51 airport (credited as KXTA according to some sources) to Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight. It will add the following items, but YOU CONTROL IF THEY ARE ACTIVE IN FS2004 via the scenery library (directions are included in the manual): * KXTA in the proper location with assocated scenery including airport buildings, antenna arrays on Bald Mountain and Papoose Mountain, even an SUV in the general location of "Freedom Ridge"; the one time favortie observation point for civilians wanting to keep an eye on what our "Uncle" is up to out there in the desert. * New KLAS, KLSV, and KINS to add appropriate parking (Again you don't HAVE to use them, so if you already have a MOD for one of these, you can simply elect not to activate mine) * New skin for the default 737-400 in EG&G Janet colors. * AI F-22 Raptor * AI Flight plans for the F22s and Janet 737s (Janet flights based on real world schedules as found at www.dreamlandresort.com)

Filename: fp-kxta-scenery1.0.zip
Added: 2nd March 2008
Downloads: 1358
Author: Ted Thompson
Size: 5385kb
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Just posted at avsim:

Konya, Turkey (LTAN/KYA)

File Description:
Highly detailed scenery of Konya Civil And Military Airport (LTAN) Turkey.

Filename: ltan_konya_airport.zip
Added: 26th March 2008
Downloads: 79
Author: Vedat Sencan
Size: 3766kb

Has excellent military area w/shelters, hangers, and some ground equipment. Turkish F-16's operate from here.

Ron
kiwisfly
Cadet
Cadet

Post by kiwisfly »

Whenuapai NZWP and Wigram (now closed) NZWG can be found on Avsim.
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

LFSO - Nancy-Ochey Airbase BA133

Images related to this file:

lfso2008vfs9-1.png
lfso2008vfs9-2.png

File Description:
Ce pack comprend une nouvelle version de la Base Aérienne 133 de Nancy-Ochey, batiments en photo réaliste, AFCAD réél, Avions statiques. Vous trouverez également dans ce pack la base de Toul-Rosières ainsi que le terrain de Pont Saint Vincent LFSV. This Pack contain new version of Nancy-Ochey Airbase BA133. Photorealist development, real AFCAD, statics Aircrafts. Included Toul-Rosières Airbase and Pont Saint Vincent Air Club.

Filename: lfso2008vfs9.zip
Added: 19th January 2008
Downloads: 3400
Author: Alexandre Remy
Size: 5432kb

I didn't see any of the statics mentioned. This airfield will cause a small amount of stutter as you near it, but not enough to be a bother. Very nice all around. HOWEVER, it was not made to support AI operations. It is not difficult to make the correction, but: CAUTION - this was made using AFX, so you must use that program to upgrade the parking. Also, many parking spots were left unassigned. You will need to use the AFX feature that permits you to place parking while in-game, if you want to have every spot assigned, most of which are inside hard shelters, or small pads partially surrounded by berms.

It is worth the effort, as this field can expect to begin receiving visitors in the near future. 'Nuff said?

Ron
roellodder

Post by roellodder »

How about Tyndall AFB, Kadena AB, Spangdahlem AB,
to mention a few.
cheers
Roel
Merry X-mas