The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Copyrights??

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Hook744
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Copyrights??

Post by Hook744 »

So what do you do when you have tryed to get in contact with the authors, but there mail dont work anymore??

ATM i have 2 Aircraft i need promission to use but both of the authors mail dont work..

What do i do?

I dont use it, or
Use it and put extra attention on telling people that the author is XXXXX in the Readme text?
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by nickblack423 »

I've had this before mate, with my Brize Norton Scenery. I couldnt get in touch with the author of an AN-124 I wanted to use as a static object.
Best thing I can suggest is to read the readme with the associated aircraft, make sure that they are happy for it to be used for 3rd party things as long as they are credited, as you wil find many developers will allow. Occassionally you will get some that will not allow any uploads of their work without their permission. And then make sure you fully credit them for their work, in your package. What is it exactly you are trying to use?

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
Hook744
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Hook744 »

Im trying to use a AS350 and a S-61A for my upcoming RDAF AI pack (freeware)

I know that the AS350 have been use before in a AI pack..

Hard to get Helo's that looks nice :)
GrahamS
Captain
Captain

Post by GrahamS »

An alternative you may wish to consider is to include your own work in the package but make reference in the package where the required aircraft may be downloaded. Give the full file name and download site where that file may be obtained. Permission from the aircraft author is not then required although credits to the author could still be included in your documentation.

Yes, I know that doesn't give you a full package in a single download, but there are many packages out there which require multiple downloads and this lack of permission, or even refusal of permission, is often the reason.
Which way is up?