The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Italian Air Force Eurofighter package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Italian Air Force Eurofighter package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this thread to ask questions and to provide constructive feedback about this package here

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=119292
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

Great stuff. Thanks very much to all at MAIW.
Where ever you go, there you are.
Starlifter
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Starlifter »

I'm putting together a nice collection of MAIW packages. This is why I am still using FS9. Thanks for filling up my world :D
Jake L.
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

Thank you so much for this nice package! 8)

Multo Grazie per tuti! :D
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

simply awesome!!
Cianofranc
Captain
Captain

Post by Cianofranc »

Excellent job!

but...

Typhoons don't TNG ... simply they "miss the approach" without touching the runway.

Maybe it could be caused by IFR mode ... I think you have to try to change to VFR mode modifying flight plans and I think they'll work fine. (I copy an F16 flight plan from USAF ANG Southeast of Dan Bourque ... great experience)

The decal numbers of italian typhoons are too black. I have a pix but I'm not able to publish it in this post replay.

If I'll note other details I'll say you!
Cheers
Luciano
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Most of the TNGs in our packages will be IFR missed approaches.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

Hi

I don't do VFR TNG's alot because..........

1) They stop on runway and "can" slow down other traffic, causing a traffic jam.
2) Sometimes the runway used is not long enough to allow the plane to take off again within the remaining runway length, causing the aircraft to run off the runway and onto the grass etc..

But of course YOU can change the plans to do whatever you want (or create your own for that personal enjoyment)

barry taylor
Barry
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Very few fighter type aircraft in real life do TNG's, too much chance of FOD damage to the engines. Most simply conduct low approaches followed by a go around for another pattern.

IFR TNG flightplans are as close as we can come to simulating this.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Cianofranc
Captain
Captain

Post by Cianofranc »

Dears Barry, Danny and Mike,
thank you very much for your kindly answers.

Ok now I understand ...
In fact, NBAI typhoon lands and goes until 50 knots, and then accelerates again and takes off.
Approach speed is very low (110 - 120 knots), lower than approach speed of HTAI F16C, for example (the TNG aircraft of Southeast ANG).
Did you notice this thing, or it's mine FS9 only?
What do you think about?
There's any way to grow up NBAI typhoon speed approach without causing bugs to this wonderful model?
Thank you very much for your work and for your answers.
Luciano from Italy
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

Hi all

Just installed the Italian Eurofighters package, and I now find I have two MAIW AFCADS for LIRS, named MAIW_AF2_LIRS_DEFAULT_SP.bgl and MAIW_LIRS_DEFAULT.bgl. Which is the correct one to use? I was going to remove the older file, but I notice that it seems to have slightly more parking spaces than the new one.

Any advice welcome (and no, it won't fit up there!!)
Where did I put my beer??!
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

If I remember correct,the number of Parking spots is the same (52?).Remove the older,that was coming with Italian Tornado Package.
Now I can't check for correct name or date of the files, but I'm sure you have to install the one that have grass between runway and taxiway if you look at it with AFCAD.

Ciao
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

Thanks Bismark, I'll check the number of parking spaces, I may have counted wrong!! (not unusual, I keep running out of fingers and toes!!) :lol:

Just checked, there's two more spots in the older file (54 against 52) - not enough to worry about so I'll keep the up-to date file. Thanks again!
Last edited by alexrfixit on 04 Apr 2008, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Where did I put my beer??!
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

MIKE JG wrote:Very few fighter type aircraft in real life do TNG's, too much chance of FOD damage to the engines. Most simply conduct low approaches followed by a go around for another pattern.

IFR TNG flightplans are as close as we can come to simulating this.
Yup, i've only seen tornadoes and hawks do touch n goes, only 1 hawk touch and go, dunno why tornadoes do it loads.
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Re: Italian Air Force Eurofighter package by MAIW

Post by JohnStinstrom »

Hi guys, need a little help with a peculiar problem. I've found that the distance above is evidently too close to go to the Typhoons. Since I usually do my work in 'slew' I didn't notice until final testing that the aircraft 'hits a wall' (the normall non-crash reaction to hitting another aircraft) even it looks like is should clear (see attachment). With Nick gone, does anyone know a way to adjust the affected area?

Normally I would just adjust the aprons a bit but this project is for Grosseto AB in Italy and the facility is rather cramped - particularly with the photo ground cover limiting what I can pave over. Right now, users would have to be crash-disabled-only in order to survive the taxi to the active :( . I have used other AI aircraft in place of the Typhoons for testing and they work fine. Has anyone else had this issue and/or have suggestions for getting around it.
Attachments
Eurofighter Sizing Issue.gif
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Not a "scenery" solution, but may be the radius of Typhoon can be smaller than the actual 13m. I think it is a bit larger than necessary, compared to other aircraft like KR F-15 (9m) NB F-18 (11 or 9m) NB F-15 (9 or 12m) Tornado (11).

Giorgio
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

I adjusted the aircraft radius (with AFCAD) down to 5m but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I hate assume it's amodel issue and hence unfixable . . .
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have heard tell that MCX can be used to manipulate the crash box but when I had a look at the FGR4 but it didn't seem to have one so my guess is that the Tiffs are not the problem, although it might need an experienced adult to double-check this.
Steve
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

It may be just me, I was trying to fit in with a Captina Sim F-104 (one of the narrowest aircraft I have) and that didn't make it. But slightly smaller aircraft (Default Piper) do with no crash. It seems that this is one of those times where FS can't pushed any further than the real world where many of these aircaft would be towed and the tower wouldn't route you all over heck and back to get you to the active. Still a good game though . . .

Thanks Guys!!