The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

NAS Meridian package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

NAS Meridian package by MAIW

Post by btaylo24 »

Please use this thread to post questions and comments
Here is the direct link for the download:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=126948

Note, things will me more drip released from now on..Just had to get a few packages out the way for breathing space.

Barry
Attachments
MAIW_ABO.zip
Simply drop this file into your MAIW Scenery Library Objects/Scenery folder to fix the elevation issue for the FCLP markings on the runways.
(688.97 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Barry
Flyin Illini
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Flyin Illini »

Been waiting for the T-45, lets see how it goes!
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

Great stuff again!!! Same goes for the Hungarian Saab's!
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

OUTSTANDING! :D
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Not a huge problem but for the Meridian scenery AFCAD the fault find found bad start locations because of the way the over run areas was made. Just close the over run areas for take off and landing and the problem will be fixed.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Actually followed the readme this time and had issues. Placed the scenery in the lower priority and the AFCAD didn't work. Moved the "MAIW Meridian" scenery up a few levels from the top and everything works fine. Great package, can't wait for NAS Kingsville, flew with a T-45 in the pattern real world a few days ago, callsign "Hawk 289".

FYI, also have seen pics for the newly based NAS Pensacola T-45's with VT-86, tail code "F".
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

Installed this into FSX last night and it works fine. Since NAS Meridian is a relatively flat area in the real world, the Stinstrom scenery "meshes" well with the rest of installation.

The AI T-45 looks especially cool with a flyable T-45 teaming up alongside flights in post-TS Fay weather near dusk. I've used both the Iris Sim T-45 and Dino Cattaneo's and have to say that the new AI version looks good even right beside either of them. Compliments to all involved - modeller and painters alike.

I think the only mod I might make to this is to have a few more daily TNG missions - maybe not 100% realistic, but considering this represents a training command and I'm not paying the jet fuel bill.... :lol:
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Victory103 wrote:Actually followed the readme this time and had issues. Placed the scenery in the lower priority and the AFCAD didn't work. Moved the "MAIW Meridian" scenery up a few levels from the top and everything works fine.
I just read the docs, again, and it only says to move the MAIW Scenery Library Objects folder as low as possible. This is so that it is below all scenery folders that use its libraries.
Steve
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

Hi guys

Has anyone else had trouble with the AI at KNMM landing on the wrong runway? According to the AFCAD runway 19L is closed for takeoff and runway 19R is closed for landings - perfectly logical given the layout of the base. But for some reason my T-45s insist on taking off AND landing on 19R!

Any suggestions? (No, not that sort - it wouldn't fit anyway!)
Where did I put my beer??!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yep, Alex.
It seems to be an FS9 funny, as you said we have tried to ensure the minimum amount of disruption of traffic flow but they will insist on landing on closed runways.

We are hoping to find out what causes it, after all it works perfectly well at EGLL and KDFW for me so why it does this currently eludes us. My only idea is the fact that the runways are offset and not parallel, but you would think that they would land on the closest runway i.e. the L, but no.

If we find out the cause and can find a way around it we will publish it here.
Steve
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

Thanks Steve

FS9 does have a funny habit of doing just what it likes occasionally, doesn't it!

BTW I should also have said that the Goshawk model looks terrific - just as we knew it would! Another nice one Nick!
Where did I put my beer??!
superchief
Cadet
Cadet

Post by superchief »

Hi guys,

Great package installed without any glitches. BUT, watching a group of 3 planes take off on VFR and return to KNMM they all landed,reversed direction on the runway and proceeded to taxi back down the same reunway where there were the remainder of the incoming flight(s). Just looked funny with planes landing and taxing in opposite directions on same reunway at same time. The AFCAD has no parallel taxiways so how do we resolve this short of making mods to flightplans??

Regards,
Larry
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Larry,
This is exactly the point that Alex made. We don't know why it does it, it shouldn't do. We have no fix, as we don't know the cause.

Altering flight plans will only work if you make such large gaps between take offs and landing that it becomes unworkable. Even if you do this they will still land and reverse direction.

We just have to hope that somebody else out there has experience of this and knows how to fix it.
Steve
TURKEYpilot
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by TURKEYpilot »

hey guys i love the T-45s but i notice when i was adding the call signs in , that there was one missing, the call sign lethal. used by VT-21 and VT-22
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

Is anyone else having the aircraft landing on runway 19 water?
--Chris
Scooby1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scooby1 »

Its possible, because of the ways the overruns were created it will confuse the AI system outright sometimes...

I havent loaded up my meridian yet, but i'm sure i would get the same thing..Having built many high quality cads myself (although i never released many for some reason) i know a quite a bit about how things work with the program.
There are many things you can do with afcad, but many of those things have side-effects, and you have to decide if the side effect in a given circumstance is fine by you. For example, using the star principle to make perpendicular runways work...It works but when you listen to the ATIS, you get a massive list of runways that are not supposed to exist, and i dislike it, so I dont use the star patttern.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: NAS Meridian package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

That's my bad, I do have the files, just keep forgetting to upload them into the packages.

I will post them here later today in each of these affected package's support threads so you don't have to D/L the whole packages again.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Update. A new scenery library is available in the first post of this thread that will fix the elevation issues for the FCLP markings used on the runways.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello,

Is there a WET version of the FDE for the T-45 Goshawk ? I'm searching this WET version for using on some carrier sceneries.

Thanks a lot.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

There wasn't one released.
If you let me check on the state of the F-16 modelling for FS9 with Kev, then I can do some some work on one for you.
Steve