The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MCBH Kaneohe Bay Version 3 package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

MCBH Kaneohe Bay Version 3 package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Please use this thread to post questions and comments about version 3 of the MCBH Kaneohe Bay package.

Here is the direct link for the download:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=126837

If you have a good, working version of this package already, you do not need to download version 3 again.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Originally by User: Mins

Post by MIKE JG »

Support request orginialy posted by User Mins in the screenshot forum

Hi

MAIW thanks to the first official survey.

I am using the MegaScenery HAWAII. However, as shown when used in conjunction with PHNG SCENERY problem. MegaScenery HAWAII SCENERY solution is to erase our only option? Is there any way that I use with PHNG SCENERY? Please reply.

Thank you again for your excellent SCENERY official survey.
Attachments
1_vert_198.jpg
1_vert_198.jpg (125.11 KiB) Viewed 2641 times
-Mike G.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Mins if you will look through this thread:

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forum/vi ... php?t=3947

You may find an answer to your question. If not, we'll see what we can figure out.
-Mike G.

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

What is new/updated in version 3? I have version 2 installed and it is working fine. I don't want to un install v2 and install v3 if I don't have to. The read me says "This version will correct a small packaging error that was present in the original released version as well as replacing two texture files that were mistakenly left out of version 2 of this package."

What were the 2 files?
Jumpshot724
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Jumpshot724 »

What is new/updated in version 3? I have version 2 installed and it is working fine. I don't want to un install v2 and install v3 if I don't have to.
It says on the DL page if you already have a working version of 1 or 2 then you need not install 3. 3 just fixes some issues with missing textures needed from OTHER packages that others may not have downloaded (I think that's it). So if your version is currently working, need not worry.
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Joseph like Jump is saying, if you're happy with whichever version you previously downloaded, you are good to go.

Version three adds two textures that were missing from version 2 that were causing CTD's for some of our users.

If for example you downloaded our Hill AFB package, you would have already had these two scenery textures so you would not have gotten a CTD if you downloaded only version 2.

:wink:
-Mike G.

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Ok thanks guys.

what do I need to do to update the Orion model? Cause in the avsim description of v3 it says that it features a slightly updated model of the P-3 Orion.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

If you would like the updated model, simply download the package and install it to a temporary folder instead of your FS9 folder. Then you can go into the temporary folder and just pull out the MAIW_JAI_P-3C MCBH Kaneohe Bay aircraft folder and overwrite the folder that came with the original download.

The update to the model is a very minor cosmetic one. Nothing major.
-Mike G.

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thanks. I have all my P3 Orions in one folder so I just copied the air file and the 2 model folders from v3 to my Orion folder.
DaveB at EGCC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DaveB at EGCC »

Crash problems again!!.
As noted in the support for V. 1&2. I am getting the problem of FS crashing again.
I use FS9, with no other added scenery for the Hawaii area.
I installed V.3 yesterday, and the original problem is still with me!

Any ideas??
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

It crashes right away or after an hour or so?

I just installed this package on my laptop which is a completely virgin FS9 setup and it is perfectly stable.

That scenery has one of the now infamous "landclass" files that will cause a memory leak and eventual CTD. But this takes a little while to happen, it's not instantly.

As always check your FS9/Scenery/World/Texture folder for a file named "Dark_Road.bmp" and "Dark_Road_LM.bmp". The installer should have placed those two texture files into that folder. IF those two are not in there, it will cause a hard CTD immediately upon booting up at PHNG.

Also make sure the addon scenery folder "MAIW Scenery Library Objects" has also been activated and is as far down your addon scenery list as possible, ideally it should be just above the last of the default scenery folders.
-Mike G.

DaveB at EGCC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DaveB at EGCC »

Hi Mike,
it crashes while loading if I start at K bay or when I get about 5-10 miles from if I start flight anywhere else!!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Do you have those two texture files that I mentioned?? This exact problem has come up before and if I can find the discussion in the old thread, we can probably figure it out.
-Mike G.

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Dave its definitely a missing texture issue. I had the same thing with VOZ, took a hell of a lot of testing to narrow down the bgls that were causing the crash. Basically you get the crash when a bgl calls a ground texture that is missing.
If it was normal scenery it would just appear as a white object.
Steve
DaveB at EGCC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DaveB at EGCC »

I have the two texture files.
I have put them in the MS master texture file,& the MAIW objects texture file also.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Dave, sorry if we are not getting it right but can you confirm that you mean FS9\Scenery\World\Texture rather than FS9\Texture?

It makes a difference.
Steve
DaveB at EGCC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DaveB at EGCC »

I've put it in both!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

DaveB at EGCC wrote:I have the two texture files.
I have put them in the MS master texture file,& the MAIW objects texture file also.
Neither one of those locations is the correct location for these two texture files. As Steve is saying they absolutely must go into the FS9/Scenery/World/Texture folder, no exceptions.
-Mike G.

DaveB at EGCC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DaveB at EGCC »

Hi Mike,

I have the textures in that folder also, should I delete from all other folders?, or would that not make any difference?

Many thanks

DaveB
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It shouldn't make a difference but duplicate files all add up over time to lost disk space, and confusion over versions.

OK Dave, be prepared for some testing here. There are several files in the MAIW Kaneohe Bay (PHNG) folder that you have activated in your scenery.
The ones that would call ground textures are VTPX, VTPP, VTPL, LWM2 and landclass bgls.

I would start by moving them all out to a safe directory and then starting at PHNG again. If it crashes than I think we can rule the package out and its some other Hawaii package that is causing the damage.
If it works add one of the moved files back one at a time until it crashes and you have found your culprit. It is likely to be a corrupt texture or one that has been renamed or deleted.
Maybe we can narrow down the texture once we have the bgl that is troublesome. A word of caution here, don't assume that there is only problem check each of them, with VOZ I had 7 or 9 of them.

I would think about adding back the landclass first followed by the VTPX's.

Let us know how you get on.
Steve