The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Listing Of Military Scenerys

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Calvin Gwin
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Listing Of Military Scenerys

Post by Calvin Gwin »

Hey everybody. I want to start alist of what airbases are available for FS9-FSX. If you can think of some not yet mentioned post em here.

US
Hickam AFB- Avsim
Ford Island- Avsim
Osan AB- MAIW
Stewart ANGB NY- AVSIM
White Sands- AVSIM
Edwards AFB- AVSIM (made for FS2002 but works fine in FS9)

England
RAF Brize Norten- Avsim

Those are all that I can recall for now. I know I have a lot more but I cannot rember their names.
Aren't you a little fat to be a Stormtrooper?
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

A good idea, but the list would be infinitely more useful if the base code were included.

UK - RAF Brize Norton - EGVN.

This makes identification of sceneries and afcads much quicker. Otherwise its just a name list and doesn't really help anyone, especially those whose native Country is elsewhere.

Also - what if there are multiple sceneres for the same base, would a filename assist.

UK - RAF Lyneham - EGDL - raf_lyneham2.zip - David Mackie - Avsim

More work in construction but much more useful I would imagine.
Which way is up?
KMTC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by KMTC »

My stuff:

MICHIGAN
Alpena CRTC - KAPN
Selfridge ANGB - KMTC
Battle Creek ANGB - KBTL

UK
RAF Mildenhall - EGUN
Diego Garcia - FJDG

TURKEY
Incirlik AB -LTAG

OTHER
Leeward Field, Guantanamo Bay - MUGM
Matt
Mrshad
Cadet
Cadet

Listing of Military Sceneries

Post by Mrshad »

Here's one:

U.S. - Randolph AFB, Texas - KRND
James Shaddox
finfly
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by finfly »

A few Finnish sceneries: They are combined civilian /military airports.
Best military aprons are at:
EFJY and EFKA
Oters:
-EFKU
-EFTP
-EFRO

All can be download here or at http://www.fsnordic.net/
Savage
Captain
Captain

Post by Savage »

A great scenery for RAF Leeming (EGXE) can be found on Simv as well.
P3_Super_Bee
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Listing Of Military Scenerys

Post by P3_Super_Bee »

Calvin Gwin wrote: Ford Island- Avsim
Too bad this one is out to lunch. Airport hasn't been open in like 10 years, can't even see the runway anymore. Covered with grass.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

Matt

I love your EGUN scenery, are you planning on doing any more USAF bases?
You really captured the base well....

Cheers

Barry
KMTC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by KMTC »

btaylo24 wrote:Matt

I love your EGUN scenery, are you planning on doing any more USAF bases?
You really captured the base well....

Cheers

Barry
I dont think Ill be starting any new projects anytime soon. School has taken over about 99% of my life. But mabye I can get a quick/easy/small base done (or started) over xmas break. However I have been slowly updating my Michigan Military stuff... mostly with new flight plans and Ground2k4 work.
Matt
Calvin Gwin
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Calvin Gwin »

Well, even though Ford is not in use the Naval yards scenery is excelent. I do wonder thouugh, are the golf courses and the various buildings on the island still there or have they been destroyed?
Aren't you a little fat to be a Stormtrooper?
chrispeschke
Cadet
Cadet

Ford Island GA

Post by chrispeschke »

Ford Island is still in use but only as a GA airport. There is also a new-ish causeway linking it to Oahu eliminating the ferry service from the Navy Yard. The ferries still run from the Museum to the USS Arizona manned by those very sharp young USN sailors who do a great job in tribute to those who perished 7 Dec 41.
Cheers
Chris[/b]
Any landing you walk away from...
StealthHellion
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by StealthHellion »

I have Brian Voight's McChord AFB scenery, and that is a great addition.

Havent tried it in FSX yet, but in FS9 it keeps my frames up and has very realistic parking.

Do a search for McChord on Flightsim and you will find it

P3_Super_Bee
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Ford Island GA

Post by P3_Super_Bee »

chrispeschke wrote:Ford Island is still in use but only as a GA airport. There is also a new-ish causeway linking it to Oahu eliminating the ferry service from the Navy Yard. The ferries still run from the Museum to the USS Arizona manned by those very sharp young USN sailors who do a great job in tribute to those who perished 7 Dec 41.
Cheers
Chris[/b]
FORD ISLAND as an AIRPORT PERIOD military or GA has been CLOSED for almost TEN YEARS now. When it closed they started letting the GA aircraft bounce at Barber's and that given back to the State to rot away into a wasteland back in '99.

It is still apart of Pearl Harbor Naval Station. But Nasty PAC schools, the Brig, Seal Delivery Team One, The Navy Lodge(Navy Hotel) and few other things are only thing on the island. They are building a crap load of housing there which will end any hope, if there ever was any(NOT, Screwed with the traffic a PHNL to much, its why they closed the airfield in the first place) of reopening it.

Most of the buildings on the island can not be torn down since they are on the national register. But they do cool things with them. NMCI, our wonderful piece of crap computer network. Headquarter for Hawaii is on Ford Island. They took one of the hangars re-habed the outside, so it looks like and old hangar. but built a building to house the servers for the network, the offices and such for NMCI on the inside. There is a new Museum in another.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

First of all.....Hi everybody,I'm new here.

A little contribution for some Italian airbases:

Piacenza San Damiano (LIMS.ZIP on Flightsim)not so good...and you often crash with invisible object...

Decimomannu (LIED2004.ZIP on Flightsim)not so good but better than default

FRIULI_6.ZIP on Flightsim.This scenery covers the region of Friuli in the Nord-Est of Italy.
Aviano (LIPA) and Rivolto (LIPI,home of Italian Aerobatic Team Frecce Tricolori)are present.Many other minor airfield and a Carrier near Trieste.

Cagliari-Elmas (LIEE_2004_IT_FS2004.ZIP and some upgrades)Very beautiful but it is mainly a civil airport.It is also reproduced the military zone that I use for AI traffic of the Italian Breguet Atlantic

Ghedi (LIPL) and Istrana (LIPS) Both on Flightsim

Villafranca LIPX.Awesome scenery from ISD Project.Someone (Cianofranc?) adds military parkings not present with ISD base scenery.No more Wings operate from LIPX but still used for some military transport.

Bye
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

anything for McClellan AFB out there?
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

In the previous post,I forgot to mention Pratica di Mare (LIRE).Very nice scenery on Avsim.

Ciao
Misha_K

Post by Misha_K »

Anyone looking for air bases in Germany will find many on http://www.german-virtual-airforce.de/frameseite.htm (click on Extras, then Panel/Scenery/Sound). This site also has some rudimentary Ramstein scenery as well as some exercise areas and firing ranges with bomb and artillery fire effects.

Christian Muenier's German AI Military Package (german_armed_forces.zip at avsim) includes updated AFCADS for many of the above bases, plus a few additional sceneries or links to additional sceneries, admittedly of varying quality).

Don't forget Ian McCartney's excellent Spangdahlem scenery: etad.zip and etadfix.zip at avsim.

Scenery for Nörvenich air base (GAF Tornado base) and tons of VFR objects in the Cologne area (addon to Aerosoft's Scenery germany 3 payware) can be found here: http://www.kingsfs-designerteam.de/
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Military Scenery Available

Post by JohnStinstrom »

There is FS2004 scenery for

Whidbey NAS (KNUW) file name WB_KNUW.zip
Whiteman AFB (KSZL) file name (KSZL.zip+KSZL2.zip)

posted on AVSIM.com. Sorry to hear there are no longer any sceneries planned by MAIW.
AndyG
Cadet
Cadet

Post by AndyG »

There are a number of French airbases on Frank Safranek's excellent Mirage site, http://www.mirage4fs.com/scenery.html.

The airbases listed include the French carrier Charles de Gaulle, a number of the main french bases (including a very nice Solenzara for Corsica), some overseas (Belgian and African) bases and a number of flightplans.

There are some real gems on this site, if you've never visited before, a mecca for all lovers of Gallic deltas. Now, if someone would update the Kfir ......

AndyG
awj112
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Altus

Post by awj112 »

Altus AFB in Oklahoma

Flightsim.com file name klts.zip & kltsfix.zip.

Now if I could just find Vance and Tinker...