The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

BAe Hawks package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
plumber
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by plumber »

Thanks Mark, will have to try and find previous scenery.

Brian H
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by Tranquil »

First off, the AI Hawk is a big favorite of mine, and probably the first ever AI pack ive ever used, as i just used to fly with default... boring i know!!!

But i have a couple of questions, is it possible to make the hawks fly faster and for the gears to work in FSX?

thank you
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Post by tango234 »

Why would you want it to go faster? It already flies at the correct speed (I think). And on my FSX the gear works-I have yet to see a plane with the gear stuck down unless it is landing or has fixed undercarriage.
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

hmmm for some reason my gears where not working on all the hawk ai, a quick re-install seems to have fixed this problem now, but im not too sure about the speed, ai hawks are showing as doing 250 kias which in mph terms is 287, the true hawk flies at 572 kias with an mph of 658, i do understand that its a model aswell and there are limits....

thank you
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The 250kts is the limit that the AI system sets for aircraft within controlled airspace and below FL100 (I think). Somebody that has a better handle on the exact limits may be able to clarify this.

Now I am talking about FS9 here, but it seems that FSX has the same limitation. In reality below the airways or in low flying areas it should be able to go as high as is set in the aircraft.cfg, but it definitely doesn't work that way for the UK at least.

So its the AI engine that sets the limits not the traffic files that we have built. If you are following on a medium or high level transit, it will go faster but down low you are stuck with the limit, I believe.
Steve
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Thanks Firebird. that seems to answer the question!

Thank you
Aussietonka

Re: BAe Hawks package by MAIW

Post by Aussietonka »

Hello Everyone,

I recently downloaded a liveries package for the MAIW Hawks (RAF T1 and T1A) from a recognised source and noticed that a folder named 'Squadrons' was unzipped to my Downloads file. Included in this file was 1TWU so it's the MAIW Hawks addon which includes this unit. Having added these to one of my Hawks and on disposal (deletion) the 'Squadrons' file failed to follow the others. I kept being told that I didn't have sufficient administrator privs on my PC to carry out that function: Try Again.

This is because contained within this 'Squadrons' folder was a problem document with '芉㼾紆毖獥阐钩䬲뱉ẙ▧' as it's title. Whatever I try I cannot shift this or make changes to it. Having scanned my PC several times since this appeared I do not appear to have a bug or virus installed through this document but nevertheless it is annoying and something everybody should be aware of.

Should I find out how to eradicate this file I will post on here. But if anybody has experienced the same or has any ideas about what I should do then all suggestions and information will be SO much appreciated.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Welcome. We appreciate the info.
Can you tell us the site and the package name so that we can avoid the issue that you have?

Thanks.
Steve
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Aussietonka wrote: 24 Oct 2017, 16:35 '芉㼾紆毖獥阐钩䬲뱉ẙ▧'
FYI: That says Dangerous with some garbage characters.
Aussietonka

Post by Aussietonka »

Firebird wrote: 24 Oct 2017, 18:25 Welcome. We appreciate the info.
Can you tell us the site and the package name so that we can avoid the issue that you have?

Thanks.
Hello Again Everyone.

Delighted to inform you that the offending file my last posting was about has now been deleted successfully. This was successfully accomplished after I cleaned out my System Files as well as the normal files this function takes care of and restarted my computer. The file disappeared normally to my recycle bin where it was last seen doing one much to my relief! Guess that spells Problem Solved especially as the Hawks which must include the ones which were in this package are now tearing round like one would expect to see and showing up as normal as they are doing so. Thank you very much for the responses posted. I now need to work out the best way to investigate my recent AI and scenery downloads: May have to turn to the (dare I say?!) UKMIL HS Buccaneer S2B like I did last time these things needed checking. Either that or the LAGO / JustFlight Tornado GR4 (dare I say that as well?!) :D
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Firstly, glad that you got the offending folder removed.

Secondly, we do not have any such folders in packages that we release. If it is AI Buccaneers that you want then search 'Buccaneer' in our download section and if you use Avsim then you can find packages for Lossiemouth and Laarbruch by Chris A Brown and Daryl Payne that are totally kosher.
Steve