The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Great Lakes Air National Guard Part 1 and Part 2 by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Great Lakes Air National Guard Part 1 and Part 2 by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Post any support related questions related to either the Great Lakes ANG Part 1 (GLANG 1) or Great Lakes ANG Part 2 (GLANG 2) packages in this thread.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Great Lakes Air National Guard Part 1 and Part 2 by MAIW

Post by Victory103 »

Only because I work in US Army aviation, small typo on the read me for Michigan ArNG. The CH-47 unit is Det 1 B Co 3-238th Avn. I know, small issue, and I am just happy to have helos in the virtual skies.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

Just finish to install it.
Great package!!!

Some little criticism.
I've found the Step 4 for the installation of the additional/suggested sceneries, a little bit confusing.In my opinion is not so clear wich AFCADs must be used and there is a very little error in the readme.
If Volk scenery by John Stinstrom is installed, you must delete MAIW_AF2_KVOK_DEFAULT.bgl (readme says MAIW_KVOK_DEFAULT.bgl)

Thanks again for another great package.

Giorgio
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

Can anyone provide a list of all the bases and airports that are contained in these two packages? I glanced at the unit lists and call sign during the installation, but this is huge.

Thanks!
Keith
LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

I was looking at Quanset and noticed that the Army 1-126th AVN is all Sherpas. In my research for a package of my own that I was working on, there were only 2 Sherpas and the rest were UH-60s.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Easy enough to remove them if their numbers are incorrect.
-Mike G.

stanley81
Cadet
Cadet

Post by stanley81 »

Great package. My only problem is that I can not get KSUX to install. I've tried about everything I can think of. FltSim still shows the default layout, and I have yet to see any of the 185th ARW KC-135's. As far as I can tell, all the other airfields were installed properly. Any ideas? Also, why was the active runway at KDSM switched from 31 to 23? Just curious.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thank you for including the 106th Rescue Wing in this package (based at Francis S. Gabreski Airport KFOK). I see their blackhawk helicopters all the time at Islip (KISP). I see the C-130's to, just not as often. And I never seen the C-130's landing at KISP just doing touch and goes.

I have a couple of questions:

1. In the readme it says something about the Volk scenery by John Stinstrom and that you must delete MAIW_AF2_KVOK_DEFAULT.bgl and use the new AFCAD. Where is the new AFCAD? I can't find it.

2. Do I need to delete any old MAIW packages so I don' have double flightplans?

3. Why wasn't the 101st Air Refueling Wing from Bangor Maine and the 158th Fighter Wing from Burlington Vermont included? Are those units not flying anymore?
LEBTowerGuy wrote:I was looking at Quanset and noticed that the Army 1-126th AVN is all Sherpas. In my research for a package of my own that I was working on, there were only 2 Sherpas and the rest were UH-60s.
Do you know which 2 are left? Maybe I will remove the rest.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Firstly, Welcome.
Now when you say scenery are you expecting addon scenery for KSUX? If you are then you will be disappointed as we don't include any. However if you are talking about an afcad update then we can confirm that this is present in the package, MAIW_AF2_KSUX_DEFAULT_DB.bgl. Are you able to see this?

I suspect that you may be hoping for addon scenery but we can't produce it for everywhere as scenery builders are in short supply.

Now as for the Tankers there, can you state whether you are FS9 or FSX and whether or not the above mentioned afcad file is present on your system. It can help the diagnosis.
Steve
stanley81
Cadet
Cadet

Post by stanley81 »

Sorry. I'm talking about the afcad, not scenery. I can see the MAIW_AF2_KSUX_DEFAULT_DB.bgl file. I also see that there is a MAIW_KSUX_execlude bgl. These are both in the Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\scenery file.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Joseph29 wrote: I have a couple of questions:
We knew somebody would. :D

1. In the readme it says something about the Volk scenery by John Stinstrom and that you must delete MAIW_AF2_KVOK_DEFAULT.bgl and use the new AFCAD. Where is the new AFCAD? I can't find it.
The readme says "we definitely recommend using this scenery and afcad in place of the included default AFCAD (MAIW_KVOK_DEFAULT.bgl)". The afcad is with the scenery.

2. Do I need to delete any old MAIW packages so I don' have double flightplans?
This is an area not previously covered by MAIW.

3. Why wasn't the 101st Air Refueling Wing from Bangor Maine and the 158th Fighter Wing from Burlington Vermont included? Are those units not flying anymore?
I believe that although MAIW has not covered these before a big contributor to MAIW packages has. He expressed a strong desire to update this area himself. In deference to him we have deliberately left these units untouched. We shall continue to do so until he relinquishes his preference.
Hopefully this answers your questions.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Yes that did answer my questions thanks! I guess I just read the part about Volk wrong.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

@stanley81
I haven't had time to install the finished articles yet, home related issues :roll: . Its going to be tricky for me to do so tomorrow, football related issues :) , but I will try my best and then I will deliberately look at that base for traffic.

If anybody else in the mean time checks a standard install could they let us know whether they found traffic or not and whether they have any KSUX afcad issues. Thanks.
Steve
LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

Joseph29 wrote:
LEBTowerGuy wrote:I was looking at Quanset and noticed that the Army 1-126th AVN is all Sherpas. In my research for a package of my own that I was working on, there were only 2 Sherpas and the rest were UH-60s.
Do you know which 2 are left? Maybe I will remove the rest.
I think 94-00308 and 93-01319 are the only 2 that are there. I also have the serials for the blackhawks as well if you ever need them.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

The KC-135's at KSUX were present on my default test setup.

Did you make sure you do not have a duplicate afcad installed somewhere for KSUX??
-Mike G.

stanley81
Cadet
Cadet

Post by stanley81 »

MIKE JG wrote:The KC-135's at KSUX were present on my default test setup.

Did you make sure you do not have a duplicate afcad installed somewhere for KSUX??
Yes. As far as I can tell, the only afcad I have for KSUX is what is contained in this package.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Did you try changing the time and or day of the week? I didn't write the plans but maybe the KC-135s are all out flying when you are looking for them.
-Mike G.

stanley81
Cadet
Cadet

Post by stanley81 »

No. I do not see how that would help. After I had installed this package, I checked KSUX, and none of the taxiways or parking positions had changed. I then checked KDSM, and there were several things that had changed there. Nice job with Des Moines International, by the way. Very accurate layout.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

MIKE JG wrote:Did you try changing the time and or day of the week?
stanley81 wrote:No. I do not see how that would help.
Well for starters, if you are looking for them at a time that they are not there, you won't see them. :wink:

If you have no duplicate AFCADS for KSUX, you have the MAIW AFCAD file for KSUX installed into your FS9/Addon Scenery/Scenery folder, you have the MAIW_PAI_KC-135_GLANG folder installed correctly and you have the flight plan file installed correctly, there's no reason that the traffic would not show up.
-Mike G.

sean129

Post by sean129 »

I dont have 183 fw or 178 fw. :cry: