The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Great Lakes Air National Guard Part 1 and Part 2 by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MidEx216
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

Re: Great Lakes Air National Guard Part 1 and Part 2 by MAIW

Post by MidEx216 »

Wow....I'm sorry to waste your time guys... Turns out when I re-installed Flight Sim, the traffic slider was down at 15%. So I moved that up again, and it's all showing up...

Thanks, and sorry :oops:
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

LOL!! The very first question I asked you was if your traffic sliders were at 100%!!!!!

The only reason I'm laughing is because you are not the first person to do this and you won't be the last. That's why it always the very first question we ask. It's all good. :smt118

BTW, I have deleted the posts related to your initial question, not because we hate you but because they are not related to an actual problem with the package, helps keep the support forums more organized, that's all.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MidEx216
Cadet
Cadet

Post by MidEx216 »

Right, it's cool.

Normally that's the first thing I do when I install the program, I just am surprised I didn't this time. Happy that it works now, and that it was an easy fix, just.....wow...
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

No worries, if you're happy, we're happy.
-Mike G.

ricktk
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ricktk »

:lol: I was converting the package to FSX, and could not figure why the first airfield I checked Scott AFB (KBLV) there were no aircraft. There should have been KC-135s, C9s, etc. I started going through all kinds of things. No luck. Then I took a sip of my morning coffee. :idea: :idea: Like DUH, all of a sudden this 63 yo brain kicked into gear :!: Check the sliders. :oops: Bingo! Moved them. Aircraft all over the place. I have been flight simming since the beginning, and working IT, and military since 1967, and it is almost always the simple things that get you. (I keep telling myself, one of these days, I am going to make a troubleshooting checklist for this sim!) Well, maybe tomorrow, back to flying! 8)
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
GrayRider
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by GrayRider »

Well I kind of have part 1 installed.

Out of all the bases in part 1,all of them are default sceneries except one.I do have a scenery installed at KGUS(Grissom AFB).This one is the AlphaSim Bunker Hill scenery with B-58 Hustler AI traffic.As per the readme it mentions if you have a scenery in place,keep it there,and remove the MAIW_AF2_KGUS DEFAULT AFCAD,which I did.There should be Tankers there,but they don't show up etc.

So my question is,how can/do I get around this issue,so the tankers do show up?.There is a lot of open parking ramps in the addon scenery I have.

Thanks for any idea's

GrayRider
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Sounds like the parking radius in your scenery afcad do not match that needed by the KC135.

I'm not at my sim pc, so unable to check what they should be changed to at present.

Mark
Mark
GrayRider
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by GrayRider »

I kind of figured it would be an AFCAD issue with Radius size for the tankers to show up.This is one area I have "0" experience,modifing afcads.

Maybe I'll find someone here that may have the same scenery as I do,that has a modified afcad of the Bunker Hill scenery I have.So for now I'll have do do without the tankers there.

THX

GrayRider
c152flyboy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by c152flyboy »

hello everyone, new to the MAIW area. I DL the Osan AFB file very easily but i am having some trouble with the Great Lakes files. the DL was sucsessful for both part 1 and 2. in the read me step one states 1) Install the package in accordance with the on-screen prompts but htere are no on screen prompts, when i try to use the WAOI installer there is no file for it to use like there were for Osan. in the GLANG folders i have an optional files folder, the voicepack folder, the readme, and 6 text files but nothing that contains the information for the aircraft themselves like Osan did.
i am using FSX but again have had no problem with any WOAI or MAIW file so far.
thank you for your help,
kyle
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Kyle we haven't used the WoAI installer for years now. I think the last package we did in cooperation with WoAI and that used their installer was back in May of 2007.

MAIW packages come in the form of an executable file since then. All you have to do is download it, unzip it, double-click on it and you're off to the races.

Comparing our packages from back then to today is like apples to oranges, we've come a long way.
-Mike G.

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Kyle,
Reading your post carefully it sounds like you have already double clicked on the installers and they have worked, as you have found the MAIW folders.
If the aircraft have not shown up then it means that the installer has put them in the default place for an FS9 installation. If you go to Martin's Owl's Nest page for MAIW, http://www.interkultur.de/gossmann/fsx/maiw.php, and download his FSX guide it should help you find the pieces and where to move them so that the traffic files work.

Let us know if you still have problems.
Steve
relfel66
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by relfel66 »

Has anybody had a problem with a crash to desktop when going to any of the airports in this package? If I go during the daylight hours it crashes,if it is during the night it doesn't crash, I have tried reinstalling,removing all planes,plans and afcads, still no luck. I can take off near one of these bases and if I fly in the direction of base, the game will crash when I get close. Fs2004 was not doing this before, any ideas?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It sounds like a missing texture. Which one of the two packages is causing you the problem?
Steve
relfel66
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by relfel66 »

I'm not too sure because I removed the packages and it is still happening. I checked all the airports from part 2 and they all work except for KPIT. In the first package these are the ones that would crash KGUS,KFWA,KBTL,KMTC,KSGH,KTOL,KYNG,KMFD and KLCK
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Hmmm.....that almost sounds like an airport texture is missing or something.

One thing about this time of the year, this is when the sim starts changing the seasonal textures over to the "fall" texture sets for the northern hemisphere. I have been pulling my hair out all week dealing with similar problem and it was related to the sim trying to call a "fall" texture that wasn't in the designated folder.

If for example, the airport grass background polygon at these airports is trying to call a "fall" texture from your FS9/Scenery/World/Texture folder, and it's not in there, that will cause an immediate CTD.

Try this, try changing back to "summer" and see if you can approach those airports during daylight hours. If you can, then we know it's a seasonal texture issue.
-Mike G.

relfel66
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by relfel66 »

I went to summer and seems to be working. I guess it is a fall texture problem?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

That would be my guess, and I would guess the problem is not with the packages, but with a missing fall texture. Tracking down the missing or corrupt texture may not be easy. If you have a backup of your FS9/Scenery/World/Texture folder, you might consider throwing that back in (store the current one in a safe place first) and seeing if that solves the problem. If it does, then simply copy your current contents to your backup version and only add texture files, do not allow any to be overwritten.
-Mike G.

relfel66
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by relfel66 »

Thanks! I wonder where that file went?
KMTC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by KMTC »

Does anyone know if either TEJAS or YALTA callsigns exist for the 107th FS?
Matt
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

I know for sure the F-16s used them, however i have yet to hear the A-10s use it.
Phantoms Phorever!