The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MCBH Kaneohe Bay Version 3 package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: MCBH Kaneohe Bay Version 3 package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Look in your FS9/Scenery/World/Texture folder for these two files and make sure they are in there:

Dark_Road.bmp
Dark_Road_LM.bmp
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

MIKE JG wrote:Look in your FS9/Scenery/World/Texture folder for these two files and make sure they are in there:

Dark_Road.bmp
Dark_Road_LM.bmp
Well it seems those 2 files are not installed anymore. They were in there before I re installed the Honolulu scenery. Would those textures effect the PHNL scenery? Cause my sim crases when loading Honolulu and Kaneohe Bay. I may just leave the Kaneohe Bay scenery un installed and install it when I am going to use the scenery.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

They should be in there as John S uses those textures for nearly, if not, all his sceneries. If you don't add them back you will find crashes at quite a few other places.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Ok I put the 2 textures back in and my sim crashes at both PHNL and PHNG. I take the PHNG scenery out and everything is fine. I think there is a conflict between the PHNG scenery and FSDT's PHNL scenery. Cause I was at Kaneohe bay a few days ago fixing up the AFCAD.

I asked about the crashes at FSDT forum and they said that since my sim crashes at 1% during loading would indicate a problem related to terrain data. In FSDT's PHNL update they added very hires mesh (4.75 m/pixel). Does the Kaneohe Bay scenery have mesh too?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

We occasionally supply landclass files which describe the layout of the ground, i.e. shrubbery here, sand there etc. etc. but we have never supplied a mesh.
I can't think off hand of a reason that adding two textures that are not used by a scenery causing a crash. Would I be right in thinking that you put the entire K-Bay back?

Now a ouple of years ago I did have a very annoying crash with Stevo's Barkston Heath scenery, it also happened at UKMIls Waddington. I eventually tracked it down to a VTPX file at Barkston. When I removed this the scenery was fine but the ground looked rubbish. Stevo investigated and found no possible cause. I eventually re-installed FS9 again from scratch and the problem disappeared.

The only conclusion I could come to was the VTPX file itself had become corrupted and was causing an issue with other scenery files, or that it was trying to load a corrupt texture file. It would seem as if you may have a similar issue. If you have the inclination try removing all VTPP, VTPL and VTPX files from both sceneries and seeing if you get the problem. Then add them back one at a time until yo get the issue again. Add the VTPX files back first as they are exclude files.
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Hmmm.....if it's crashing at 1%, then it's not the textures that are the problem.

Have you tried using Procmon to see what the last file called was before the crash??
-Mike G.

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Ok I figured out what was wrong. I checked the VTPP, VTPL, and VTPX files like Firebird suggested and that didn't do anything. Then I saw there was 2 mesh files in the scenery kaneohe Mesh.bgl and kaneohe Mesh_A16N.bgl I removed them and that didn't help. I then downloaded the scenery again and got the Dark_Road.bmp and Dark_Road_LM.bmp files and replaced the ones I had, and that fixed it! I guess one or both of those files went bad?

But what I don't understand is why was my FSDT Honolulu scenery also crashing with those 2 bad files?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Joseph29 wrote:Ok I figured out what was wrong. I checked the VTPP, VTPL, and VTPX files like Firebird suggested and that didn't do anything. Then I saw there was 2 mesh files in the scenery kaneohe Mesh.bgl and kaneohe Mesh_A16N.bgl I removed them and that didn't help. I then downloaded the scenery again and got the Dark_Road.bmp and Dark_Road_LM.bmp files and replaced the ones I had, and that fixed it! I guess one or both of those files went bad?

But what I don't understand is why was my FSDT Honolulu scenery also crashing with those 2 bad files?
Because PHNG is so close to PHNL, FS loads up PHNG scenery as well even when your on the ramp at PHNL. :wink:

Mark
Mark
Wings of Gold
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Wings of Gold »

I am missing two texture files. I have downloaded Version 3 a second time, and still can't find them. I need "Seaknight_Marines_2.bmp" and "Rotor.bmp". What have I done wrong, or is that CH-46 (Kaneohe Object 15) not supposed to be used?

Bill
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Not supposed to be used.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
ukvoodoo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ukvoodoo »

Hi all sorry to bring up an old thread but im having a few problems with my Kaneohe Bay package that I just discovered and installed

For some reason certain P-3's on the ramp suddenly go tail heavy

I dont have any other scenery of add on files installed, its just a basic FS9 install with the Kaneohe Bay and MAIW Scenery Library Objects

Thanks
Matt

Edit problem solved I had some Mike Stone P-3s playing AI by accident :oops:
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Good to see you solved it Matt.

I'd say "welcome to the forums" but I see you've been lurking here for quite some time. :lol:

Congratulations on your first post, then! :smt023
ukvoodoo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ukvoodoo »

Ha ha yeah long time lerker Greg but only just built a new system just before christmas so finally started taking the plunge on the MAIW packs and videos :)

Thanks for the welcome :smt006
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Very interesting posts. I too have UT USA installed and occasionally I get issues like this so if you are able to enhance the scenery it would be most welcome.
I admit that I wish I had the time and inclination to look at making mesh files. It would look better if we could move the land to the sandy beaches rather than remove the beaches, but we can't have everything.
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Nice work! That kind of stuff is always welcome here. :wink:
-Mike G.

mrobertsco2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Originally by User: Mins

Post by mrobertsco2 »

MIKE JG wrote:Support request orginialy posted by User Mins in the screenshot forum

Hi

MAIW thanks to the first official survey.

I am using the MegaScenery HAWAII. However, as shown when used in conjunction with PHNG SCENERY problem. MegaScenery HAWAII SCENERY solution is to erase our only option? Is there any way that I use with PHNG SCENERY? Please reply.

Thank you again for your excellent SCENERY official survey.

This post was answered obviously already, but the link in the reply does not work. I just downloaded KANEOHE V3.1 straight from the download hangar and I have water all over the airfield. I have had this issue before and done the very annoying work of manually altering the coastline... Hopefully there is an easier solution to fixing this?
Matt
"FLY NAVY"
WINDOWS 10 64 BIT // INTEL CORE i7-4770T
16GB RAM // DIRECTX12
NVIDIA GEFORCE 730A
mrobertsco2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mrobertsco2 »

Just some extra info, no special terrain for Hawaii installed, FSX is installed.

picture attached
Matt
"FLY NAVY"
WINDOWS 10 64 BIT // INTEL CORE i7-4770T
16GB RAM // DIRECTX12
NVIDIA GEFORCE 730A
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pslinger »

Has anybody successfully converted the FS9 scenery to work in FSX? I have followed the instructions in a couple of scenery conversion documents on the website, however I still wind up with water in places it doesn't belong. I'm just trying to find out how to correct this. If there is a freeware scenery out there that works in FSX, I'd be willing to give that a try.Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks. Paul