The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

French Mirage 2000's Part 1 package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
james84

Re: French Mirages Part 1 by MAIW

Post by james84 »

No fuss at all for me, I only found irregular terrain around Al Dhafra (one of the runways isover a hole) but it definitely depends on an Abu Dhabi scenery I have on my HD.
How many special coloured aircrafts are there? Only one?
flyboy208
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by flyboy208 »

nickblack423 wrote:You can check the raw flightplans in .txt format. They are located in the folder "Military AI Works\France\Armee de l'air\French Mirage 2000s" You can review the flightplans and see the departure/arrival times. Or download a tool for viewing traffic like Traffic Viewboard. I'm sure you can appreciate with the amount of flights in these packages we cannot list every arrival/departure time in the readme.

Nick

Thanks for your help Nick, I appreciate it. Cheers! Mike :smt002
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by nickblack423 »

james84 wrote:How many special coloured aircrafts are there? Only one?
Yep only 1 I'm afraid. The French have really cut back on their special schemes. There used to be loads.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
james84

Post by james84 »

nickblack423 wrote:
Yep only 1 I'm afraid. The French have really cut back on their special schemes. There used to be loads.

Nick
Thanks Nick!
Mirage4FS
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Mirage4FS »

nickblack423 wrote:

Nick
One for Dijon. Based on the changing images on the MAIW front page, by
the time all packages are installed there will be several. Great package guys.
The French skies are going to be crowded but that a good thing for Mirage fans. :D
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

james84 wrote:No fuss at all for me, I only found irregular terrain around Al Dhafra (one of the runways isover a hole) but it definitely depends on an Abu Dhabi scenery I have on my HD.
If you're using Matthew Ministry's excellent Abu Dhabi scenery, disabling the Landclass will fix the terrain issues.

I have no idea why, but I'm having that problem as well - on a clean FS install no less!

ETA: This is what it looks like on my end with the Landclass enabled: http://mmad.dk/fs/ABLC.jpg
Mirage4FS
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mirage4FS »

I haven't encountered any conflict between the Mirage F1 sceneries and this new one. Before installing it I checked to make sure I didn't already have some scenery at Dijon but all I found there was default scenery with a visiting Mirage F1B parked there from the F1 package. After install of the Mirage 2000 package the base looks great and the visiting Mirage F1B is still there and sitting nicely between a couple support carts with several Mirage 2000 moving around. I'd post a screenshot but I don't see anyway to do that here. A quick visit to the three bases in the F1 package showed them to be in good shape as well. Nice job guys!
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Mirage4FS wrote:I haven't encountered any conflict between the Mirage F1 sceneries and this new one. Before installing it I checked to make sure I didn't already have some scenery at Dijon but all I found there was default scenery with a visiting Mirage F1B parked there from the F1 package. After install of the Mirage 2000 package the base looks great and the visiting Mirage F1B is still there and sitting nicely between a couple support carts with several Mirage 2000 moving around. I'd post a screenshot but I don't see anyway to do that here. A quick visit to the three bases in the F1 package showed them to be in good shape as well. Nice job guys!
Thanks Frank. Lovely to hear you are happy with this. You'll have to use a third party image hosting website like Photobucket or Imageshack if you want to upload photos.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
james84

Post by james84 »

RKE wrote:
james84 wrote:No fuss at all for me, I only found irregular terrain around Al Dhafra (one of the runways isover a hole) but it definitely depends on an Abu Dhabi scenery I have on my HD.
If you're using Matthew Ministry's excellent Abu Dhabi scenery, disabling the Landclass will fix the terrain issues.

I have no idea why, but I'm having that problem as well - on a clean FS install no less!

ETA: This is what it looks like on my end with the Landclass enabled: http://mmad.dk/fs/ABLC.jpg
Thanks for the suggestion, the one you're meaning is the scenery I have and your screenshot shows the same problem I have. I'll disable the landclass tonight when I go home.
garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: French Mirages Part 1 package by MAIW

Post by garysted »

Hi,

Lovely piece of work with these and look forward to what follows. Just a minor query, but how do I alter the load configurations on these 2000's? I can only find one model in the aircraft file ('5'), yet I've seen multiple loads flying; clean, outboard AAM's only and tanks with AAM's are the three I've seen so far. The cfg entries list only the one model as well. Thanks again gents for the pack.

Gary
Military aviation photography in the UK

My photo website
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Gary your question is addressed in this thread:

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... 914#p78914
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by garysted »

Thanks Mike, I'd just discovered that thread and was about to post up. I won't pretend to completely understand how that works but clearly it's a bit different to the normal different model folders. I've only used the DXTBmp program to do some basic paint work before but will have a play to try and get the tanks up as although it's not really a big deal, but I just prefer aircraft on line units to not be in the 'clean' configuration. Time for a experiment I think...

Gary

My photo website
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Essentially there is only one version of that model. So for your Aircraft.cfg entries, you only have a single choice to put in that line. The only way with this model to have any variations is to use an alpha channel to "hide" the bits that you don't want. So in this case, the texture files actually act as the mechanism to give you multiple variations.
-Mike G.

garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by garysted »

Think I've worked out how to edit them now Mike. I see what you mean when I imported a clean aircraft texture into DXTBmp and saw the blacked out parts in the top right corner. By finding a untouched texture and copying across the blank 'Alpha Channel' thingie I then saved that back into the original aircraft texture file, looked up serial '44' (previously a clean aircraft) onscreen and bingo; Tanks and Matra Magics are back! I've now made a list of all serials at Dijon and their 'fit' state and will modifiy as required. Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Gary

My photo website
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Glad to help.
-Mike G.

tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

I seem to remember that there was a MAIW armee de l'air mirage F1 package ages ago.
Are these two packages compatible?
I've got FSX but posted this here as it shouldn't make a difference which sim was used...
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

There is one and why wouldn't it be compatible? Possibly some duplicate afcads would be the only issue methinks.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

That is what I was asking about.
I've sorted it out now though-removed the duplicates.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Usually the later afcad will be the most up to date. For the most part, we will just reuse an afcad from previous packages...sometimes make changes to them. IF they are named the same (and we do try) then they should write over each other in installation. Glad you got it sorted.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Mirage4FS
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mirage4FS »

Duplicate AFCADs should not be an issue since none of the air bases in the French Mirage F1 set are used in this Mirage 2000 series -- yet. The last 2000 package will cover Mont de Marsan (LFBM), home to EC 5/330 "Côte d'Argent" flying the Mirage 2000 and Mirage F1CT.

So far I've found no problems. I even have Mirage F1's visiting Dijon with Mirage 2000's all around.