The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Rescue Seakings package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Re: RAF Rescue Seakings package by MAIW

Post by Stewart Pearson »

jimrodger wrote:'t was hell wasn't it, still got the piccies from way back then :D

Jim
Happy days they were Jim. I think you and I are now bordering on being classed as Old Fogies. :lol:

Was it Leconfield or Linton when we went to Bridlington for the "jolly" on the RAF Launch?
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Sorry Jim,

Not sure what I did wrong, but somehow managed to delete your post :oops:

Don't you think it would have been more apt to be Last of the Newkie Brown? :lol:
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Not a problem, Newkie Broon now that I can remember :twisted:

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

Stew,

I would have of loved to see all those lightnings there. Would have just blown my mind most probs :lol:

Will post the updated AFD of this place :smt006
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
chavins

Post by chavins »

i have been trying to install the raf seakings package on a win 7 computer running fsx acceleration. i am using only the aircraft and flight plans from the maiw package (no scenery or afcads). i have converted the flight plans to fsx format. i have not been able to see any sea kings at any of the base airfields. the main airfield i am focusing on is raf valley, using tony meredith's scenery (as well as several others to explore reasons for failure). there are around 10 helicopter parking sites available at raf valley, and i can place a flyable sea king at any chosen site. i have my fsx traffic set to between 60 and 80 % for genrral and commercial aviation. in addition, i have ultimate traffic 2 installed, as w=ell as ftx orbx traffic, and all these other programs give me a large amount of ai planes.

i do not think there is a significant system problem with my fsx as i have many maiw and other ai packages installed at numerous other uk and us airfields, and see plenty of parked, taxiing and flying aircraft. i have installed 2 other helicopter packages at other airfields. i am almost ready to give up on helicopters (or at least the sea kings) and i hope that someone might have some suggestions.

steve chavin
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Steve welcome to the forums.

We do not offer official support for our packages in FSX as they are not designed for the platform.

We do however have a thread where you can get help for this here: http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =15&t=6975

There are quite a few knowledgeable people that frequent that thread that should be able to help you out.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
chavins

Post by chavins »

mike;

thanks for the reply. i could not figure out how to submit a new question on the fsx forum, so i have instead resubmitted my original one as a reply to an earlier thread about failure to show aircraft. i hope this will be picked up by someone browsing through inactive threads.

steve chavin
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

chavins wrote:i have been trying to install the raf seakings package on a win 7 computer running fsx acceleration. i am using only the aircraft and flight plans from the maiw package (no scenery or afcads). steve chavin
I think that will be your root problem!

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Wings of Gold
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Wings of Gold »

Hi Guys, I have installed the RAF Seakings Part1 as normal. I do not see the Helo at Valley (or at some of the other locations). I then audited the required Afcads (AF2's) with AI Flight Planner (latest version). I found that a number of the required airports were not included in the package. Namely: EGNC, EGNT, EGNV, EGDD, EGHG, EGFH, EGPH, EGHD, EGTE, EGGP, EGCN, EGMH and EGGW. All the supplied Afcads were added to my add-on airports using the Find/collect Airports in AIFP. Please tell me where I can find the missing Afcads (which MAIW sceneries). Best regards, Bill
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Bill,
When we started doing the large packs we realised that we just couldn't provide afcads for every destination. So it was decided to just provide the primary afcads, afcads for any scenery we produce and afcads for waypoints that we created. For others it was up to the user to source one for themselves.
Steve
Wings of Gold
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Wings of Gold »

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the quick reply. The problem is that only several of the helo appear at all in their primary locations, and I can't research where the problem is in those traffic files because AIFP will not display any of the file as long as there is a missing airfield. Any advice (other than writing my own traffic file)?
Bill
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

First obvious remark (but you'd be surprised how many times we need to repeat it ;) ): is your AI traffic slider is set to 100%?

If that isn't the problem, then it sounds completely AFD related. The flightplans work or you wouldn't see any of them. Note that I made special heli AFCADs for all Seaking stations. Valley is E1OV if I remember well. You will need those installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

A quick search on my system says that we provide afcads for EGNC and EGHG in our MAIW AAC Apache package. As for the rest I either have afcads from UK2000 scenery or other sources like Brian Clarkes nice RAF Middleton St George.

The catch is that even if you have an afcad the chances are that they either do not cater for helos at all or include them as part of the main afcad and so they follow the same traffic rules and use the main runway and taxiways.
In short the best solution is to create a helo only afcad, like we did for Valley and Chivenor.

I admit that I have not looked at the helos in other locations, only the main bases, so I have never sought proper solutions for every base. Your best chance is if users had the same thoughts as yourself and created the odd afcad for themselves and are willing to share it with you.

You never know maybe some user(s) will see this and respond help fill in the gaps for you. If that does not happen you may have to create a small afcad for each base yourself to satisfy your needs.
Steve