The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Alaska and Islands ANG package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Alaska and Islands ANG package by MAIW

Post by Greg »

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread.

NOTE: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thread located here.
-Crossfire-
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Alaska and Islands ANG package by MAIW

Post by -Crossfire- »

Great package guys!

I have Blueprint's free TJSJ installed, so I just removed the afcad that came with this package and it seems to work... no Hercs at the gates.

I also found an older afcad for Eielson that I removed... maybe from the WOAI Eielson package...

Just a couple things that might help others out...

Once again, great stuff!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Thank you for the package guys! Quick question, does this package include the C-17's based at Hickam? Cause I have those installed from a earlier MAIW package,
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by maddog65 »

Joseph29 wrote:Quick question, does this package include the C-17's based at Hickam? Cause I have those installed from a earlier MAIW package,
Yes

Read the readme.
Les
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Hi all, I found a problem at PHNL with the aircrafts landing on 04L. They do not exit the runway, they stop after the Hold Short node present on the runway just before it crosses with the 08L. The aircrafts stay there and then disappear, causing problems to the aircrafts starting from the 04L and landing on other runways.
Try to modify the AFCAD but ADE9 don't want to compile it. I just try to remove the Hold short node on the runway.

Someone else with the same problem?

Giorgio
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

i had a C-17 land on 22R hold and timed out ? :?
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Also if you have the Ultimate GA (UGA) BBJ package the 737's that are included in this package are also in the UGA package.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

There are also some aircraft that try to land on the ranways 06...
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

PHNL is a complicated afcad file to create and to get the AI to behave properly. We'll see if we can get these issues worked out. Might take a few days of trial and error though.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

For the 4R/22L problems, I would start by removing the hold short node that is in the middle of the runway, that would be my suspect as to the cause of those timeouts.
-Mike G.

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I just installed the package and include in this package is the 168th Aerial Refueling Wing (KC-135R)and the 18th Aggressor Squadron of Eielson AFB. A older MAIW Eielson AFB package include the 168th and the 18th. It dosen't mention that in the read me file. Just thought I let you guys know.

(The old Eielson AFB package had the 168th (KC-135), 18th Aggressor Squadron (F-16C/D), and the A-10)
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Joseph, good memory, that package came out at the end of 2006, four years ago now! Can't believe we've been doing this so long. The 168th is indeed an overlap. Our bad, guess we missed that. The other two units that were included in that package are no longer active. One was the 18th fighter squadron flying the F-16, the other was the 355th fighter squadron flying the A-10. Both were disbanded due to the BRAC 2005 realignment.

From WIKI:

That the 354th Wing's A-10 Thunderbolt II aircraft were to be redistributed to the Air Force Reserve Command's 917th Wing at Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana (three aircraft); to the Air Combat Command's 23d Wing at Moody Air Force Base, Georgia (12 aircraft); and to backup inventory at AMARC at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Arizona (three aircraft). This action was part of a larger effort to consolidate the A-10 fleet. The 355th Fighter Squadron (355 FS) was inactivated on 15 August 2007 when the last A-10 departed Eielson.

The 18th Fighter Squadron (18 FS) converted to the 18th Aggressor Squadron. This squadron trains in the same manner as the aggressors at Nellis AFB, learning the flying styles and abilities of foreign air forces to train USAF pilots. Aircraft changes entail sending all 18 of its Block 40 F-16 Fighting Falcons to Kunsan Air Base, Korea, and receiving 18 Block 30 F-16Cs from Kunsan. The 18 Aggressor Squadron was officially established on 24 August 2007.

So those two units should not be part of your sim these days if you are going for 100% accuracy with the real world.

Thanks for the spot on the tankers though. :wink:
-Mike G.

Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

wow i cant believe i looked over that. Lesson learned now. thanks joseph!
Phantoms Phorever!
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

MIKE JG wrote:For the 4R/22L problems, I would start by removing the hold short node that is in the middle of the runway, that would be my suspect as to the cause of those timeouts.
Mike, don't know if it's only a mistyping, but the problem is on 04L/22R even if there is another Hold Short on the runway 04R/22/L.

Giorgio
maverick69
Major
Major

Post by maverick69 »

in the readme file I found this:
"Here is a list of files from the original Hickam AFB C-17’s package that need to be removed to prevent duplication problems:
FS9/Aircraft folder:
MAIW_RWAI_PAI C-17"

but between my aircraft I found this folder:

WoA_PAI_C17

I think it's the same. I'm wrong?
- Maurizio C.
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

maverick69 wrote:MAIW_RWAI_PAI C-17"
I found that one.
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
TeamNutmeg
Cadet
Cadet

Post by TeamNutmeg »

It seems odd to put this package out right now. The 199th doesn't even HAVE F-15s at the moment - they sent the last of them away in August, and are still waiting on the remainder of their F-22s. In the interim, we've had other ANG units covering our airspace (initially F-15s from the Montana ANG's 186th FS; I suspect an F-16 unit took over for a few weeks, because they were over the house constantly). Essentially, we've gotten an update to this package after 4 years and a significant portion is already out-of-date. If you guys didn't want to wait a few months for the 199th to fill out, maybe it should have been split up into AK and HI packages?

Not trying to be over-critical, and I hope it's not coming across as confrontational. Just wondering what the reasoning was.

Moderator input: If the post is not a support related question, please use the appropriate forum.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

TeamNutmeg wrote:It seems odd to put this package out right now. The 199th doesn't even HAVE F-15s at the moment - they sent the last of them away in August, and are still waiting on the remainder of their F-22s. In the interim, we've had other ANG units covering our airspace (initially F-15s from the Montana ANG's 186th FS; I suspect an F-16 unit took over for a few weeks, because they were over the house constantly). Essentially, we've gotten an update to this package after 4 years and a significant portion is already out-of-date. If you guys didn't want to wait a few months for the 199th to fill out, maybe it should have been split up into AK and HI packages?

Not trying to be over-critical, and I hope it's not coming across as confrontational. Just wondering what the reasoning was.
If you do not have a support-related question, refrain from posting.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

TeamNutmeg wrote:Just wondering what the reasoning was
Very simple. When the package is born, the creator has to pick a date in time from which to base the package on. With all the changes taking place this year in USAF realignments, it's been impossible to keep up with all the changes. For this package, a date was picked to "freeze" the contents so that it could be completed. The actual package was complete this summer when the HIANG still had their Eagles. It's taken this long to get through the testing process and released.

Therefore the package is correct for the date at which it was frozen. The nice bit is that you can simply swap in the F-22's as they come on line.
-Mike G.

TeamNutmeg
Cadet
Cadet

Post by TeamNutmeg »

Simple enough. Thanks for the answer, and looking forward to the update when the F-22s arrive.