The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Armed Forces of the Russian Federation

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Re: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation

Post by CelticWarrior »

timbob1 wrote:Funny, the whole of West Russia has disapeared?????
Tim
You didn't use my FSX airfield file in FS9, did you?
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by regan123 »

Sorry I've been a little quiet. I've been tied up with some work. I should be back onto these tomorrow evening. I also, time willing, have a little bonus set of plans as well!
timbob1
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by timbob1 »

:D Hi nope wish it was that easy, some old rogue file, never flew in Russia before so need a test or two. Great looking forward to it. The big Antonov's (RA-82068) fly into Wattisham EGUW, on Mondays stay overnight,then fly on to Brize Norton on Tuesdays around 2.30 pm. I've some great pics if needed for repaints.
Tim
Regards
Tim

Scenery Designer
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

james84 wrote:Right, great undertaking indeed!
I got both the Bear and the Bleckjack from the package you mentioned and they work fine.
Maybe somebody will do some updated repaints for those aircrafts (each showing a different name on the fuselage)!
is there a paintkit? if not I could maybe do something up if I had the correct serials etc...
james84

Post by james84 »

djnocturnal wrote:
james84 wrote:Right, great undertaking indeed!
I got both the Bear and the Bleckjack from the package you mentioned and they work fine.
Maybe somebody will do some updated repaints for those aircrafts (each showing a different name on the fuselage)!
is there a paintkit? if not I could maybe do something up if I had the correct serials etc...
IIRC there were some blank PSP textures in the Tolmachevo AI package... not sure though.
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Hi folks,

I've found another Tu160 at the Kazan factory, so I've now updated the flight plans. I've tweaked the serial numbers as 01 crashed a few years ago and then I've added new numbers higher than those that were cut-up by Ukraine. There are more than 16 here, but with a few frames being built/newly built/in storage I thought this would work. A Kazan airport file can be found in Fernand Verbraecken's package eeuafcad_finalupdate_1of2.zip. His ADEs do duplicate many of the airports that can be found on AVSIM.rus, but this UWKG is not available elsewhere from what I can tell. The attached plans replace my previous release.

I now have nearly 180 Tu22M3s flight planned so they should be out by the weekend.
Attachments
Tu160 v2.zip
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

Thanks! I've been on this thread like a husky boy on a donut. :D
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

I'm afraid I can't find any AFCAD for UWKG in the package you refer to.
Regards,

Alan
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Alan Robertson wrote:I'm afraid I can't find any AFCAD for UWKG in the package you refer to.
Try eeuafcads_part_3.zip instead.
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Yup, that's the right one this time. :D
Regards,

Alan
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Jon wrote:Thanks! I've been on this thread like a husky boy on a donut. :D
Well Jon, just for you and others waiting: Tu22M plans are now complete, but they need a bit of testing. The research for the Bears and an outline of plans are being constructed. Finally, there are 9 new bases and two updated AFCADs along with about 8 new waypoints all in the works/done.
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

A few shots of Solsty-2, replete with Backfires...

shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Tres Cool!! :mrgreen:
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

regan123 wrote:
Jon wrote:Thanks! I've been on this thread like a husky boy on a donut. :D
Well Jon, just for you and others waiting: Tu22M plans are now complete, but they need a bit of testing. The research for the Bears and an outline of plans are being constructed. Finally, there are 9 new bases and two updated AFCADs along with about 8 new waypoints all in the works/done.

Thanks
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

New Release

OK folks. After much delay (due to the real world darn it), here is Part 1 of the Tu22M3 plans and airbases. There's a bit of preparatory work required first. You will need all the standard libraries in place as per my previous releases and you'll need my previously released bases for Ukrainka & Ostov as well as the Tu160 plans and waypoints already on this thread. You will also need these scenery libraries:

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-for-de ... =equipment
http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-for-de ... =equipment
http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-for-de ... =buildings

Next, you will also need these scenery files:

XLMO - http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-scener ... ts&hl=xlmo
XMWB - http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-scener ... ts&hl=xmwb
XLAL - http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-scener ... 19097.html

The above libraries should be installed into your main scenery folder and the airbases should be installed as normal.

Next you should download & open the ZIP file attached and replace the three AF2 files in the above sceneries with the new ones. Then install all the other BGL files into your Addon Scenery as well. They can just be dropped into any active scenery folder.

By way of explanation, these are the enclosed waypoints: ULW1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and XHP1,2,3. Not all of them used yet and some of them replicate waypoints I had on my system from some A50 plans from the Russian AVSIM. I've renamed them to keep them consistent. Brand new bases included are:

UUYK - Vorkuta Sovetskiy (An arctic staging point)
XLLL - Solsty-2
Z25A - Engels-2
Z30S - Shaykovka

Oh, there is one "bonus" base, though it will come into use soon:
XUDI - Severny - Home of the Beriev A50.

Next you will need to install the SBAI Tu-22M3 model and textures that come with it. These flightplans have been set-up with two different aircraft entries. One is classed as active and one is static. The active aircraft have a TU22 parking code and the T22S for the static parking code. The reason, it has been done this way, is that there are a large number of stored aircraft of this type and so, there are places where they are being parked-up quite snuggly. The static aircraft each do a quick loop once a week in the middle of the night. In the ZIP file there is a flitsim text file for you to copy into your TU22M3 aircraft.cfg to make this work (remember to renumber the sections in sequence from your current entries).

Finally there are the plans for the aircraft itself. The highest number of TU22M3s listed as inventory was 214, so I've planned that many. They perform a mixture of quick loop/TNG training, intra-base flights, practice runs or heading out to off-coast waypoints. There's a bit of variety there. These plans have been prepared in AI Flight Planner 2 but will compile with that and Traffic Tools (TTools). So after doing all of the above, compile them and enjoy.

There are still 3 bases to come in Part 2:

UIIB - Belaya
UHKG - Kamenny Ruchey
UHWV - Vozdvizhenka

Whilst there is scenery on AVSIMrus, they are not particularly accurate in terms of layout and parking. These new ones are looking really good and have been tested for parking etc.

Finally, there are some limitations:
- Serials were difficult to come by, so each base just gets a sequentially numbered aircraft. If someone has the serials, let me know. If someone wants to paint all the aircraft, and has the serials, please do get in touch
- The bases do miss some details as there aren't library objects or the desire for perfection and the desire for the pub clashed and the later won
- The flight plans are representative and are part based on patterns we know a little about and some, just for effect. One of the waypoints sits above what was Lenino air base, which I might do for retro purposes at some point
- The information I found doesn't show exactly where all the TU22M3s are based at the moment. So, I've added some additional stored aircraft to all of the bases, so they are all visible. If anyone has better info, then please let me know and I will update these plans.
- This is the first major release of flight plans, so if you spot any odd behaviour, please let me know and I'll look at it.
Attachments
TU22M3.zip
(145.8 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

Is there a way to translate the readme's in the Russian folders to English? Not sure on how to install them.

Thanks.
Bazinga!
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

phantomfreak wrote:Is there a way to translate the readme's in the Russian folders to English? Not sure on how to install them.

Thanks.
Best I can suggest is Google Translate. I've got mine set up as per a normal scenery install for a replacement airport or airbase: create a folder for XLMO, in it goes the scenery & texture folders. Add those to the Scenery Library within FS9 and restart, should do the trick.
paul day
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by paul day »

I seem to be missing many tree textures for the Russian airfields. Could somebody point me in the right direction please?

Regards Paul Day.
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

paul day wrote:I seem to be missing many tree textures for the Russian airfields. Could somebody point me in the right direction please?

Regards Paul Day.
Paul,

You'll need to install Matt's Trees. It's well worth installing them all as they are quite common in various sceneries:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Cat ... hange+View

You will also need add_SeevKahn_Trees.BGL from rwy12_lib1_v1.2.zip at AVSIM.

That should do it.
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

44 downloads and 2 queries - I assume everyone else is OK with it!

Real world is getting in the way, but I hope to have more to release by the weekend.