The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Nellis Air Force Base package by MAIW: Part II

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Nellis Air Force Base package by MAIW: Part II

Post by MIKE JG »

You might be able to fix that by experimenting with the flatten file and the AFCAD file elevation.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Bone184

Post by Bone184 »

I was look at the AFCAD file for Nellis, as I'm trying to figure out where I can put parking for the 561st FS's F-4G's and I noticed several things.

First, Is there anywhere that I can add 18 parking codes for these birds without causing a problem with others parking?

Also, there's alot of errors with parking links not connecting, extra nodes etc. Is there an updated AFCAD File that corrected all of these errors?

Thanks,
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Bone184 wrote: First, Is there anywhere that I can add 18 parking codes for these birds without causing a problem with others parking?

Also, there's alot of errors with parking links not connecting, extra nodes etc. Is there an updated AFCAD File that corrected all of these errors?
There should be plenty of blank parking spots on the south end of the main ramp.

As for the "errors": The AFCAD error checker may consider those as errors but it doesn't know what it's talking about so to speak. Those are done to enhance the look of the AFD file and have no negative effect on the actual AI traffic.

You can add a lot of detail to an AFD file by using the taxiway links and unconnected nodes to draw surfaces.
-Mike G.

Bone184

Post by Bone184 »

MIKE JG wrote:
Bone184 wrote: First, Is there anywhere that I can add 18 parking codes for these birds without causing a problem with others parking?

There should be plenty of blank parking spots on the south end of the main ramp.

As for the "errors": The AFCAD error checker may consider those as errors but it doesn't know what it's talking about so to speak. Those are done to enhance the look of the AFD file and have no negative effect on the actual AI traffic.

You can add a lot of detail to an AFD file by using the taxiway links and unconnected nodes to draw surfaces.
Thanks for the response, I had thought something like that.....as for the south end, I was looking there & found some but some have a parking code of "RFP" what's this for?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

That's a generic code for "Red Flag Parking". Those are not assigned to any aircraft from an MAIW package so you can change those to whatever you like if you want.
-Mike G.

Bone184

Post by Bone184 »

MIKE JG wrote:That's a generic code for "Red Flag Parking". Those are not assigned to any aircraft from an MAIW package so you can change those to whatever you like if you want.
Sweet, I think I found a home for the 561st!
james84

Post by james84 »

Hello!
I'm experiencing a CTD when I try to load Tonopah. The loading bar stops at 55% and it crashes. Any suggestion?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

It sounds like you haven't got a texture that it is trying to load. Can I assume that you are talking about our Easter Egg?

Firstly, did you load everything manually or let the installer do it automatically?
Secondly, did you install our Nellis scenery first?
Steve
james84

Post by james84 »

Thanks Steve.
Everything came from a former setup that I backed up before reformatting. I tried to change the textures to dtx3 but it didn't work, but I checked if Nellis AFB loaded and the same problem occurred, so I'll check for a solution in the CTD thread and let you know.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Do you have AlphaSim's Groom Lake or NAS Fallon installed??
-Mike G.

james84

Post by james84 »

Solved!
I simply reinstalled the package, there should have been sth. I forgot to copy!
I also changed the order of the sceneries and now it works ok. Thanks!
Bone184

Post by Bone184 »

Disregard, fixed it myself!
al280nm

Help Needed with NEllis AFB Scenery

Post by al280nm »

Hi there all. I am new here so bare in mind if I am asking or doing things wrong.
I recently joined MAIW and have been downloaded your packages and running them on my FS9.

I recently installed the Nellis package and I can see the aircraft parked but there is no scenery or afcad visible. its look as if someone has an exclud file or something there and wiped all scenry clean

if you can help me please get in touch. I have unistalled the scenery and still nothing there just dessert colored ground.

thanks

nuno

P.S. I have added pdf screenshoot of what is hapening

Post moved by admin. Please post in the appropriate support thread.
Attachments
20 x 25 cm.pdf
(209.59 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Hi Nuno

As per the Nellis readme html file you need 4 folders for the scenery.

I have made a folder named Landclass for my own setup.

Inside this folder is a folder named scenery.

I place all the landclass .bgl files into this scenery folder.

The landclass folder can go either into Addon Scenery or the main FS9 scenery folder.

The important part is that the entry for the landclass folder in the scenery manager must go into the list as far down as possible, just above the default FS9 entries.

Regards

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

There is something else to look for as well.
If you have any alphasim scenery installed for the US you may find that that this wipes it out. Disable all your alphasim scenery and see if that solves it.
Steve
800nates
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by 800nates »

Uhhhhh help

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Where is the file named "MAIW_AF2_KLSV_Custom.bgl" located at within your main FS9 folder? Do a search for it.

That's what's missing in your picture. The custom scenery is there, the ground polygons are there, the flatten file is there. All of those files are in the "MAIW Nellis AFB (KLSV)" scenery folder which should also contain the airfield file listed above.

It's not showing up which probably means you have duplicate files for KLSV or it's somehow come out of your Nellis scenery folder.
-Mike G.

knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Hi Mike, I got the same issues as 800nates in the post just above yours about the airport, I've attached two pics to look at, I have the KLSV custom file and its in the scenery folder, I checked AFCAD and there are no KLSV duplicates. I do have KLAS-Las Vegas airport by FSDreamteam and checked it and looks good, and its far enough away that it doesn't appear to be causing any issues for Nellis. Not sure where to go with this one.

(In pic 2 I noticed that when I tried to fly the T-Birds were home :wink: )

Frank
Attachments
Pic 2.JPG
1.JPG
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Gotta be your scenery layering order.

Try moving Nellis ABOVE your Addon Scenery folder in the scenery library. See what happens.

If that fixes it, you know you have a problem inside your Addon Scenery folder.

From your pics, it's appears that the KLSV afcad is active and working. So we know it's there.

We know it works on almost everyone's setup right out of the installer so it's something isolated to your guys setups, it's just a matter of figuring out what that is.

Did you try de-activating your KLAS scenery?
-Mike G.

knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Thanks Mike, I will try those couple of adjustments and see how it goes. Will update in a little bit.

Frank
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"