The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

PLEASE!!!! Help me with a hint....

Essential flight simulator tools, by Martin Gossmann
http://www.owlsnest.eu
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

PLEASE!!!! Help me with a hint....

Post by gsnde »

I am in an more than foul mood because all of a sudden my FSX installation was displaying things extremly bad. I was beyond recover, and I took the chance to start over. My FS stuff is well organized and therefore most of what I need is there again, but.....

I have an invisible aircraft that I use for making the screen shots (for obvious resaons). I can't remember the exact name, nor where I have originally found it. I can't find it in my archive (most likekely because I don't know what to look for) and if I google for "invisible aircraft" the next 5.000 results are from people who want to make aircraft appear that they don't see.

Do you know what aircraft I am talking about and where to find it? Thanks a million!!!!!!
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: PLEASE!!!! Help me with a hint....

Post by gsnde »

Found it again :-)

It is part of SuperTrafficBorad, that is the reason I could not find it anywhere :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

How does STB work with loads of custom AI traffic, Martin?

I've been thinking of buying it and let it run on my networked laptop. But I see no mentioning of custom AI whatsoever on their site or forums, only the usual packages.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Using it most of the time and no issues with both WOAI and MAIW traffic settings at 85%. Great to check AI when loading up a new package. Several options on controlling and viewing AI, the only issue I have found is it doesn't like touch and goes for AI. It could be my set up, but it will either delete or put the AI model.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I like it a lot, Greg. The single bad thing is that it tried to handle flaps settings, which in consequence leads to the disturbing view of jets trying to take of with spoilers and chutes deployed :smt030

I asked Simon already to please implement a global setting that just turn off that feature, but he is still in resisting mode. The solution to the issue is to mark that model as "don't handle flaps" which is a little pain in the ass.

But that is the only downside I can think of.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Too bad there's no simple AI viewer like TVB for FSX. It looks like STB is the next best thing and even though it has a lot more features, I've always been concerned about all the "interactive commands" such as the flap control and it seems it does have a few implications (T&G's, triggering unwanted effects,...). That plus the fact it has to run in windowed mode or on another networked PC (I'm guessing a second monitor would also work but I don't have one).

Anyway, thanks for the feedback fellas!
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

The second monitor would be such a great thing, if not... as soon as you have FSX fullscreen on one monitor, the second ones goes blank... :(
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Yeah, the window mode always raised a question on me buying it, and just hearing about the flaps mode, its now put me off from buying it for sure.
Mark
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

gsnde wrote:The second monitor would be such a great thing, if not... as soon as you have FSX fullscreen on one monitor, the second ones goes blank... :(
That sucks... and there haven't been any updates since December so it looks like development has stopped.

Still not sure if I'm willing to spend €20 on it...
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Simon has agreed that the ability to disable the auto-flap handling is indeed a must-have for an audience like ours and has added it to this years update list :smt001
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Good to know he's still working on it.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

For those pondering about buying STB it might be helpful to have a look at the manual.
Cheers,
Martin

Post by fishlips »

That PDF file gave me a headache, like what a mess of what could go wrong with a flight. Not for me, to much to think about!
I also don't like prgrams that demand internet access, who is to say what information gets transfered or intercepted or provides a hub to be hacked.
Mark
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by DaleRFU »

fishlips wrote:That PDF file gave me a headache, like what a mess of what could go wrong with a flight. Not for me, to much to think about!
I also don't like prgrams that demand internet access, who is to say what information gets transfered or intercepted or provides a hub to be hacked.
Mark
I couldn't agree more Mark. Also in my experience I have found that the performance of my machine reduces quite quickly compared to one that is not connected to the interweb.
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy