The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Armée de l'Air KC-135FR Tankers

Non package releases from the MAIW Development Team
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Armée de l'Air KC-135FR Tankers

Post by RKE »

jgowing wrote:Do you have AFCADs for the waypoints, by any chance? Love Istres with all its traffic now: kicked off a whole AdlA and ALAT fest in my sim... :)
Alas no, they're from a variety of MAIW packages, and we lost the page which spelled out which waypoints came in which package :(
jgowing
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by jgowing »

No problem. I suppose they're easy enough to re-create if needed.. :)

Except, there is one thing I've never really understood, which is how altitudes are assigned to waypoints. Do you have any advice?
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by RKE »

jgowing wrote:No problem. I suppose they're easy enough to re-create if needed.. :)

Except, there is one thing I've never really understood, which is how altitudes are assigned to waypoints. Do you have any advice?
They used to be assigned ground level altitude (ie. whatever the altitude was on land, or 0 feet over water), but I started assigning slightly higher altitude to mine, since I didn't like how high-altitude aircraft would decent all the way to a few thousand feet, just to "fly over" a waypoint.

This, of course, backfired when I started using the same waypoints for aircraft operating at low altitudes :lol:
jgowing
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by jgowing »

Just wondering about those 7 Alphajets mentioned above for the excellent DGA-EV_EPNER flightplans uploaded earlier in this thread. Are there repaints for these anywhere yet? Everything else is in place; Cazaux and Istres looking nice and busy, too.. :)

Jon