The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Zeltweg AFB scenery issues

AI models & scenery by Miljan Korac.
dieterua
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

Zeltweg AFB scenery issues

Post by dieterua »

Hi Miljan! Thanks for your great works! There's however a problem I experience with your Zeltweg AFB MAIW scenery. To begin with when I load an aircraft on the LOXZ's runway it is positioned wrongly, a good 50-100 m left and ahead of the starting rwy position. Secondly, all AI planes are hovering well above the ground. Thirdly most of the AI traffic is parked far beyond its parking positions and subsequently is taxiing through the hangars and buildings off the apron routes, the takes-off and landings are made off the runway. All in all it seems that the AFCAD is located in a wrong position and at a wrong altitude. (see pics) I checked my library for duplicating AFCADS, there was one in Austria Professional scenery which I disabled. Just in case I also disabled the stock AFCAD. No changes. I tried to change priority of the installed scenes and even disabled some of them No changes. Thus I figure that there must be something wrong with the LOXZ scene. Or am I missing something? Please advise. As I've already mentioned I have Austria Professional 2004, plus Ultimate Terrain Europe, Graz, Linz, Klagenfurt scenes (the nearby airports). And, yes, it's FS2004. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
LOXZ_2.jpg
LOXZ_1.jpg
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Zeltweg AFB scenery issues

Post by miljan »

Hi,
Scenery is not designed to work with any addons you've mentioned as they are payware and we are freeware.

Kind regards,
Miljan Korac
VIVA LA VIDA
dieterua
Cadet
Cadet

Post by dieterua »

Shame... No chance to fix the AFCAD? Somehow all other MAIW sceneries are perfectly compatible with those paywares...
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by miljan »

I am sorry but it is taking a time and all this addons you have mentioned are changing elevation of terrain and position of airfields in fs compared to default settings
Rebuilding all of that will take a lot of times.

Regards
VIVA LA VIDA
dieterua
Cadet
Cadet

Post by dieterua »

Understood. Anyway now you are aware of this issue and maybe will fix it one day. Thanks again.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

I use Ultimate Terrain Europe without problems. Try to disable other sceneries you mentioned one by one and verify which one causes the problem. Probably there is another AFCAD around with no evidence of Zeltweg or LOXZ in the name.

Giorgio
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Hi

Changes in AI Floating or sunken are caused by afcads in lower order scenery folders (in your scenery manager window)
In the Scenery.cfg file they have a smaller layer number. Scenery is loaded from layer one until all layers are loaded, as many as you have added.

The layer that is loaded first determines which elevation the AI will use. A new afcad, Af2, ADE or AFX file will move the traffic horizontally.

I use the Afcad program by Lee Swordy to look for duplicate afcads.

In the "Open Airport" window, type in the ICAO designator of your airport, LOXZ, and it will more than likely give you a list of afcads in the list.
The top one is in dark print, therefore active. The ones below should be in a lighter grey print and are inactive.
The first part of a new afcad has an exclude section, to exclude the airport it is replacing.

You can click on them and open them, all of them in turn. The name of the open file will be on the top bar.
Use this name to search for the .bgl file you wish to exclude from your simulator. Put it in a new folder in case you want to use it later.

Some scenery files have A16N sections from FS2002 era. This will override the altitude of the flatten files and sometimes causes a crash to desktop.

To conclude:
If you have many different sceneries loaded you are bound to have conflicts.

Take your time using a method and a list to find the solution. The list helps if you have to retrace your steps.

PS. I have found an airport with strange AI movements. A previous scenery had multiple afcads for different types of AI Traffic.
I found the files by looking in the Create flight airport menu in flight Simulator by searching for the city and the name of the airport in turn.

I takes time. Consider it an adventure in itself.

John
flightsimdev
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by flightsimdev »

dieterua wrote:Hi Miljan! Thanks for your great works! There's however a problem I experience with your Zeltweg AFB MAIW scenery. To begin with when I load an aircraft on the LOXZ's runway it is positioned wrongly, a good 50-100 m left and ahead of the starting rwy position. Secondly, all AI planes are hovering well above the ground. Thirdly most of the AI traffic is parked far beyond its parking positions and subsequently is taxiing through the hangars and buildings off the apron routes, the takes-off and landings are made off the runway. All in all it seems that the AFCAD is located in a wrong position and at a wrong altitude. (see pics) I checked my library for duplicating AFCADS, there was one in Austria Professional scenery which I disabled. Just in case I also disabled the stock AFCAD. No changes. I tried to change priority of the installed scenes and even disabled some of them No changes. Thus I figure that there must be something wrong with the LOXZ scene. Or am I missing something? Please advise. As I've already mentioned I have Austria Professional 2004, plus Ultimate Terrain Europe, Graz, Linz, Klagenfurt scenes (the nearby airports). And, yes, it's FS2004. Thanks in advance.

Yes I've seen this before, look in the folder, make sure every texture file has a _LM texture associated with it, if it's missing one, and it only needs one, the model either won't show, or will show but spilt apart and/or wrong altitude, the afcad may be in wrong position as well and at sea level making everything else look like it's floating.

Short of not being that, use a program like AFX or ADE and make sure only the default and scenery afcads are present, no duplicates.

LOZ
If it's not right the first time, don't bother doing it at all!
dieterua
Cadet
Cadet

Post by dieterua »

bismarck wrote:I use Ultimate Terrain Europe without problems. Try to disable other sceneries you mentioned one by one and verify which one causes the problem. Probably there is another AFCAD around with no evidence of Zeltweg or LOXZ in the name.

Giorgio
Yes, I don't think that UTE is the cause of the problem. I never had issues with it in other sceneries just like you. I'll try however to disable or surrounding sceneries one by one. Thanks for the tip.
dieterua
Cadet
Cadet

Post by dieterua »

Thank you for the detailed explanation, John. The first thing I did when I came across the problem I checked the duplicate afcads in the Lee Swordy's AFCAD program. It gave me 2 afcads for LOXZ - 2 mods and one stock. I disabled the duplicate mod from Austria Professional and the stock, just in case, so at the end I only got one afcad from the right scenery. As I said it didn't help whatsoever. However I don't exclude that there are other afcads which the AFCAD program doesn't detect, sometimes it can't detect afcads made in ADE9. Unfortunately ADE9 doesn't have feature that helps find duplicates. So I'll try to disable the surrounding area sceneries one by one and see if it helps.
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Quite correct.

"Afcad v2" will only find the duplicate if the Airport designator is the same.

After moving the other Afcad, is there a change in the route the AI aircraft move along?

If the AI aircraft are following the correct path, but are floating or sunken, then there is difference in the altitude of the flatten and the Afcad.
Compare the altitude of the airport in the simulator and the airport in ADE. When Flying in the simulator, press the "y" key on your keyboard to enter slew mode. The position of the aircraft can be read in the top of the screen.
Press "y" to exit Slew mode.

If there is a difference, you can change the airport altitude with ADE.

Make a copy of you new compiled .bgl and place it in the folder: FS9/Scenery/World/Scenery.

This will force the AI to the new Altitude because the above folder is one of the first loaded, and the AI follow the altitude of the first loaded airport information.

I do not have Austria professional, so I can not say for sure, but the altitude may have been changed by a new flatten in Austria Professional.

There are two options. One, change the ADE altitude or two, remove part of "Austria Professional".
Use the option that works best for you.

John
dieterua
Cadet
Cadet

Post by dieterua »

I found the problem! There's a few zeltweg bgl's in Klagenfurt scenery. Thanks a lot for help! :)