The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D

Post by Greg »

I'm guessing you installed the FSX version and not the recent P3D version of the scenery.
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

Has the file been removed already? I am getting an invalid link message in Mediafire.

thanks
Gavin
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Which file?
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

I think he means the SODE file from Pete Beeby.

Yes that link has expired and we haven't heard from Pete in exactly a year.
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

Greg wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 12:18 I think he means the SODE file from Pete Beeby.

Yes that link has expired and we haven't heard from Pete in exactly a year.
My bad - I saw that the thread had been updated and the message from Pete, with a date of March 17 (ie today) and I thought the file had been re-uploaded. I didn't notice that it was from March 17 2018 :oops: - exactly one year ago.

Gavin
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

You have mail, Gavin.
Cheers,
Martin
First Lieutenant

Post by Christopher Low »

I had no idea that a P3D v4 version had been released. Downloading now!

EDIT: Does this version not include a photoscenery base image?
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Afternoon all, I've just installed the P3Dv4 version of Lakenheath into a very new setup (only a few days old-so I'm still getting to grips with things!) 99% of the base (and matrix traffic with it) is absolutely fine-marvellous piece of work and fits in beautifully.

There are however a couple of niggles that I amtrying to sort out, pics are below (apologies for how dark they are, they were taken quickly and it was a cloudy day).

In this one, the ridge around the airfield is quite obvious. Could somebody please tell me which file in the install deals with the terrain? I've not been able to find it thus far. I have orbx england installed, and am usually able to fix things like this by using the CVX file from that for whatever airfield it is (I fixed Mildenhall that way) , but only if I can disable the one that is included in the download.

In this one, part of the photoscenery is overly reflective (more like the concrete/asphalt than grass elsewhere on the field. Does anyone know how I might deal with that? This seems to be the only grass area affected by that.
On its left there is also an area where there is no ground texture at all. At the moment I'm still trying to work out what that is caused by. Does anyone have any ideas? (nb, the reflection effect in came is a LOT smoother and doesn't look quite that awful-I suspect that is just how the screenshot was saved)
JasonSparkes
Cadet
Cadet

Post by JasonSparkes »

Hi All,

Is the replacement image (EGUL_IMAGE.bgl ?) file anywhere i can download please, i've got the black/red area showing on my Gen-X photoscenery. The link on previous pages doesnt seem to work anymore.

Thankyou
falcon55
Cadet
Cadet

Post by falcon55 »

Hi,

Thanks for great scenery! are this final versions on maiw downloads? or i scenery stil i develop? but i note bug i fsx and p3dv4 version.

Fsx version has red & black area and P3dv4 version has gray area slightly outside base.

Maybe the files are corup on server? can someone check files?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

I had a chat with Ian about this yesterday. While testing the scenery in P3Dv5 I noticed the ground poly problem was still present.

Unzip this bgl in the scenery folder of the P3Dv4 version. I have also applied it to Ian's upload in the hangar.

I don't use the FSX version so can't help you with that I'm afraid.
falcon55
Cadet
Cadet

Post by falcon55 »

Greg wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 11:39 I had a chat with Ian about this yesterday. While testing the scenery in P3Dv5 I noticed the ground poly problem was still present.

Unzip this bgl in the scenery folder of the P3Dv4 version. I have also applied it to Ian's upload in the hangar.

I don't use the FSX version so can't help you with that I'm afraid.
Thanks that i working for P3Dv4 and P3DV5
ajs1964
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: General MAIW Conversion Package issues - EGUL V2.0 Anomaly

Post by ajs1964 »

Hi guys

Not sure if this is the right venue but. I have just installed Ian McCartneys EGUL V2.0 for FSX and now have an anomaly covering Thrapston, Northants. Pics are attached. I have systematically disabled then re-enabled scenery and the anomaly only appears when RAF Lakenheath is active. If anyone can offer a suggestion I'd be grateful as the actual airfield EGUL is great and I am more than happy with that.
I have FSXSe, ORBX (all free components inc libraries, Global, OLC and vector) but no other UK scenery save 3rd party sets. As I said before though this anomaly is only visible when RAF Lakenheath is active in my scenery. :shock:

Cheers
Andrew
Attachments
EGUL Anomaly 2.jpg
EGUL Anomaly 1.jpg
Last edited by Greg on 12 Jun 2022, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post moved to the right topic
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: General MAIW Conversion Package issues

Post by TimC340 »

It’s been a problem for years. I thought it was an Orbx issue, but there may be some interaction with Lakenheath that causes it. I have seen it referred to elsewhere, but I have no idea where!
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

It is a bug in the package - I believe it has to do with the photo real scenery.
There was a fix posted to one of the threads but then it got removed. As I recall it was a bit political.

I don't think the fix is still available.

Sorry
Gavin
ajs1964
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ajs1964 »

Thanks guys

I might try each file and see if I can get rid of it. I thought it may have been a landclass issue but recreating the landclass at a higher priority didnt help. Thanks for letting me know the history.

Andrew
ajs1964
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ajs1964 »

Hi again guys,

I have managed to figure (using TMFviewer) that it was some sort of compiling error as the EGUL_IMAGE.BGL has the offending anomaly contained in it. Anyway I have resampled the airfield again from Google Earth (tm) and recreated the Image file. I am happy to have this file added to MAIW for other users but not sure of the protocol as Its Ians scenery.

Cheers
Andrew
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Oh, interesting - thanks for discovering that. I’ll do my own SBuilder image.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

I moved the posts to Ian's original release topic.

As you can see a few posts up, I have linked to a fix for the P3Dv4 version but I'm not sure if the replacement BGL works for FSX.
ajs1964
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ajs1964 »

G'day Greg

The file does not work in FSXSe and TMFViewer wont open the file (FSX SDK version) so at a wild guess I would suggest the file wont work in any version of FSX. Worth a try though Greg eh? Also Ians mediafire location http://www.mediafire.com/file/t3onjv69i ... _IMAGE.bglseems to be out of date and not available.
Anyway as I stated I'm happy to upload my replacement file as long as its OK with Ian to do so. Just let me know!

Cheers
Andrew